WAYDRN Rock Band Rivals Banter Page.

Comments

• TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

On the app, it shows Gold Stars but the difficulty level is indicated as "B" for Brutal mode.
    In the game itself, they are shown as Crimson.

Oh, cool, I'll have to go add a few (unless my crew posts GSes with higher points than I can get with Brutal). All else equal (like a vocal FC), will crimson stars overwrite?
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    @BachiG are the ions working again?

@TubaDude49 I used to be a gold star expert drummer and BachiG and I were always beating each others scores ... then I moved to a smaller place and had kids and stuff... now I suck. Working on those bass skillz, when I can!
    I was an author first and foremost, so I'm still trying to get in the groove of actually playing.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    @DrowGamer77 - Are you asking if Ions work in general for RB4 on the PS4? If so, heck yeah! They've worked "accidentally" since the game was released (in other words, HMX didn't put any effort into getting them to work, they just did by happenstance).

If you mean MY ions in particular (thinking that something happened to them when my game crashed out last week?) then yes, also... but kinda. My kit really has very little Ion left to it anymore. All the pads and kick drum have been replaced with Roland Mesh heads and a kick pad, the cymbals are a couple of various brands and I've been using my Alesis drum brain with the MPA for quite a while now. I also have the brain plugged in to a little monitor amp so I can actually hear the programmed kit sounds instead of the game track. It's a blast! I think the rack is still mostly from the Ion kit :smiley:

Also, I think you're mostly misremembering the past. My recollection was that you used to pretty much own me back in the day. A lot of scores might have been close, but probably 7 out of 10 you were ahead! It would be like today if I was @daxx1970 and you were me.
  • For the Spotlight Songs, it's based on the number of points you get. Then add up the points (3 songs x 4 instruments = 12 subtotals) to get the crew total.

For getting XP in Rivals, score doesn't matter, it's all about the difficulty level that you play on + number of stars. One 5-star expert performance is just as good as another one. Oh, you get a bonus for FC too. (And being the first or second in your to play that song on that instrument)(or third?).

The difficulty rating of the song (0 pips through devil horns) doesn't seem to have any effect on either rating.

• BachiG said:

Yeah, she told me she wanted to replace both of you with me to open up a few slots for good players. :smiley: but I already committed to my fellow WayDRNers, so I'm in for "life"!

"Life" meaning as long as they at least keep up the illusion that they're trying, then I'm jumping ship! Or if LDs internet isn't working by 2017.

Ahhh @BachiG , stop trying to make yourself feel better about your poor life choices (i.e. Not joining our crew). :)

I thought it would be difficult being on the same team as @daxx1970 , but I realize we can still compete with each other AND help the crew at the same time. I am super excited with our crew!
  • I am sooooooo glad that I am on the same crew as Daxx. Daxx has several nicknames in the crew. the latest is "The Eraser"
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    gaiacat said:

I am sooooooo glad that I am on the same crew as Daxx. Daxx has several nicknames in the crew. the latest is "The Eraser"

he's gotta be cheating, but go, man, go!
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    edited October 2016
    Nope, not cheating. Spent a combined 16+ hours playing, listening, and charting the spotlight songs on vocals in a Word document with different highlights and fonts to tell me when to launch. Cedarwood Road is being a pain in the butt though. Can't get the last few hundred points to do my final erasure...never go against the family! My xp is down because i restart if there are any mistakes that keep me from a FC.
  • Send a taunt is funny, but topping a score set by someone on your crew for a Spotlight Song? That's a whole other level. So, yes, it IS more fun to have your "rival" in the same crew.
    Most of my scores were placeholders for my more talented crewmates to fill in.

My 99% X Guitar Caught Up in You run has held up though, and it seems none of us are able to sing Cedarwood Road in key.
  • Most of my scores were placeholders for my more talented crewmates to fill in.

My 99% X Guitar Caught Up in You run has held up though, and it seems none of us are able to sing Cedarwood Road in key.

I'm right there with you. I placeheld most of the spotlight songs for the last two weeks and I only have one bass score still on the board.

@daxx1970 wow, I tried to Cedarwood but I'm having problems. I think a good path is 3,4 but I keep missing a phrase to see what that will get me score wise with FC

To WDRN - I hope you don't mind that this has become the WDRN crew and Rockband Roadies crew old forum posters post board :smiley:
    If I weren't here on behalf of Fen. Jaguar Folds Five, there wouldn't be much rivalry, would there?
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    daxx1970 said:

Nope, not cheating. Spent a combined 16+ hours playing, listening, and charting the spotlight songs on vocals in a Word document with different highlights and fonts to tell me when to launch. Cedarwood Road is being a pain in the butt though. Can't get the last few hundred points to do my final erasure...never go against the family! My xp is down because i restart if there are any mistakes that keep me from a FC.

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    To be fair though, Daxx is the cool nerd. He's the "Booger" of his group.
  • To be fair though, Daxx is the cool nerd. He's the "Booger" of his group.

If "Booger" means pesky little brother, then yes he is. <3
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPBH9yIU_mA
    gaiacat said:

...To WDRN - I hope you don't mind that this has become the WDRN crew and Rockband Roadies crew old forum posters post board :smiley:

If I weren't here on behalf of Fen. Jaguar Folds Five, there wouldn't be much rivalry, would there?

I for one like the fact y'all are in here... I'd even go so far as recommending a name change to "WAYDRN's Rivals Crews Banter Page" so anyone who participates in the WAYDRN thread has a home to taunt and brag in.
  • Your wish is my command Oh culler of the crimson stars

Your wish is my command Oh culler of the crimson stars

I'm adding an "LOL" via post here since one can't do both.

The culler of crimson stars? Well crimson is a type of red so that is the culler
    Also you mispelled it, the word is "color", a 6 years old could of told you that

The culler of crimson stars? Well crimson is a type of red so that is the culler
    Also you mispelled it, the word is "color", a 6 years old could of told you that
    Au contraire mon frere.

cull. v. c.1200, originally "put through a strainer," from Old French coillir (12c., Modern French cueillir) "collect, gather, pluck, select," from Latin colligere "gather together, collect," originally "choose, select"

• Look at the title. Giving in to peer pressure like some sort of reptile.
    Witticus said:

Look at the title. Giving in to peer pressure like some sort of reptile.

What's wrong with reptiles? Would you go face to face with a Komodo Dragon and tell it it was timid?
  • No but I know how to stroke lizards bellies to make them fall asleep.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 2016
    I know my grammar D-Rex, I was making a funny in an attempt to make you flinch (and with a bonus "could of" to make the owl flinch)

Yes, Witt and Daxx deserve to have their houses raided by goblins, but why must you wish demonic possession upon our entire country?!?
  • Marlboro said:

@Dadasaurus Rex @daxx1970 hey i know i suck, i don't appreciate the colorful taunts, y'all americans deserve the witch or goblin president you're getting.

Its alright, I'll taunt-avenge you!!!
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    @meat-popsicle cause america broke my heart when half your pop started buying the **** that moron is selling. i've liked your country despite all the **** its involved in, my homeland is a joke at this point and yours ain't that far off how things are going

@witticus thanks man.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited November 2016

I know my grammar D-Rex, I was making a funny in an attempt to make you flinch (and with a bonus "could of" to make the owl flinch)

Ah yes, finely played. Who let the Owl out, hoot hoot.