FritzyKatz's Rock Band 5 Wishlist (With Tiers & DLC)

Comments

• edited February 6
    Holy cow, another one of my RB5 Wishlist Disc Songs has been revealed, but not as DLC, but as part of the Rock Band VR Setlist instead. That song is Ain't It Fun (Which is a good modern Paramore song IMHO). And because of that, it has a very good chance of being included as Rock Band 4 DLC in the coming Months (Wouldn't be suprised if Ain't It Fun is one of the DLC of March 2017).

So in response to this, I'll be replacing Ain't It Fun with a different song. The song will be replacing it will be...

- Halestorm - Love Bites (But So Do I) (Band Tier: Nightmare)

And also, in response to this, I'm going to reveal the second Week of February's Wishlist DLC... (In addition to using Imgur, I'll also post the cards in each new post I make on this thread.)

DLC of February Week 2: Tears For Fears 01
    - Laid So Low (Tears Roll Down) (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Mad World (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Sowing The Seeds of Love (Band Tier: Solid)

I wonder if any of my other Disc Tracks will be in VR's Setlist... If so, then I would be revealing Wishlist DLC much faster than usual. Anyways, like with Black Betty, I'll leave Ain't It Fun's tiering for @MCSMeister to make his comparison with Harmonix's offical tiering of the song.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited February 6
    I honestly don't know much about Rock Band VR at all, but after checking it seems like it'll be a mix of new songs and old songs (based on the three announced, at least). Glad to see another song from your wishlist get announced, regardless!

I love Tears for Fears, so great pack. Kind of wish "Pale Shelter" was in it, though.
  • edited February 6

I honestly don't know much about Rock Band VR at all, but after checking it seems like it'll be a mix of new songs and old songs (based on the three announced, at least). Glad to see another song from your wishlist get announced, regardless!

I love Tears for Fears, so great pack. Kind of wish "Pale Shelter" was in it, though.

Pale Shelter is in my Wishlist, just not part of the DLC Announcement. (Look under the 1980s list on the very first post, and you'll find it.)

But yes, Tears For Fears is a good band. Kinda wished that Harmonix made a pack for them by the time Rock Band 3 came out (Hopefully, we'll get the band's other iconic songs sooner or later.)
    edited February 6
    Oh duh, there it is. Well, I'd say we have three of their most iconic songs as it is, at least in terms of popularity. Except for "Sowing the Seeds of Love" we have all of their top 10 hits in the US, but they obviously had some other big hits in the UK that I'd love to see make it in.

Why did you remove "Change" from the pack? I see it's crossed out in the image, but you didn't mention why.
  • edited February 7
    @MCSMeister To answer your question, I've considered using Change before I've planned out the Tears for Fears DLC in advance, but then I've thought to myself "I think I need to consider using a variety from different albums from a particular artist, and not use two songs from the same album. (Both Change and Mad World are from "The Hurting" album, which Pale Shelter is from, which is why I've replaced Change with Laid So Low, since the latter had an interesting instrument arrangement, which makes it a fun Tears For Fears song to play should it come as DLC eventually.) Maybe I'll make a second Tears For Fears Pack that will have Change and two other songs, in the future, since that's also a good song as well.

Anyways, this is not a Wishlist DLC Unveiling, but this is a announcement of what's to come on Wednesday. I'm going to add 12 Songs from these 12 Artists in my 1st Wishlist Expansion. They'll be added into the main setlist.

- Aldo Nova
    - Arctic Monkeys
    - The Black Keys
    - The Clash
    - Fitz & The Tantrums
    - Funkadelic
    - In Flames
    - Jamiroquai
    - The Korgis
    - A Perfect Circle
    - The Presidents of The United States of America
    - Selena Gomez & The Scene
    - The Young Rascals
    - The Zombies

Stay tuned for Wednesday (One of those Artists' songs will be revealed on that day.)
    That makes sense. I just wanted to clarify because it seemed strange to cross out a song with no explanation.

Oh awesome, I'm a big fan of Fitz and the Tantrums so can't wait to see what you choose. I already had LiveHomeVideo tier a few of their songs from their 2013 album, but I imagine you might pick something from their 2016 album (maybe "Roll Up"? That's been getting some moderate traction lately). Besides them, some other good artists here that should have some interesting choices. Aldo Nova's "Fantasy" should have come to Rock Band long ago, that's a staple of '80s hard rock cheese!
  • edited February 7

That makes sense. I just wanted to clarify because it seemed strange to cross out a song with no explanation.

Oh awesome, I'm a big fan of Fitz and the Tantrums so can't wait to see what you choose. I already had LiveHomeVideo tier a few of their songs from their 2013 album, but I imagine you might pick something from their 2016 album (maybe "Roll Up"? That's been getting some moderate traction lately). Besides them, some other good artists here that should have some interesting choices. Aldo Nova's "Fantasy" should have come to Rock Band long ago, that's a staple of '80s hard rock cheese!

My choice for the Fitz and the Tantrums song will be a good one. And yes, I agree that most of these artists (Namely Jamiroquai, A Perfect Circle, just to name a few) should've been in Rock Band a long time ago. Maybe we'll get them in Rock Band 4 as DLC.
  • edited February 9
    It's Wednesday! Time for me to reveal... The Songs for the 1st Expansion. (I said I was going to reveal one of the songs, but I've changed my mind. I'm revealing all of them at once, just in case any of them gets chosen as part of the Rock Band VR Setlist.)

The 1st Expansion: Rock Band Quest (A RPG-themed Rock Band with a RPG Mode similiar to Rockudrama mode from Rivals)

The Songs

- Aldo Nova - Fantasy (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - The Black Keys - Little Black Submarines (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - The Clash - Safe European Home (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Fitz & The Tantrums - The Walker (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Funkadelic - Who Says A Funk Band Can't Play Rock?! (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - In Flames - Deliver Us (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl (Band Tier: Solid)
    - The Korgis - Everybody's Got To Learn Sometimes (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - A Perfect Circle - Judith (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - The Presidents of The United States of America - Peaches (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Selena Gomez & The Scene - Love You Like A Love Song (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - The Young Rascals - Good Lovin' (Band Tier: Solid)
    - The Zombies - Time of The Season (Band Tier: Apprentice)

The Expansion will also have...
    - Online Multiplayer w/ Matchmaking (Quickplay and Tour Mode)
    - Rivals Mode
    - Extra Rock Shop Clothing & Instruments
    - Extra Trophies and much more.

Expect one or a few of these songs to be included in VR and eventually replaced.
    Awesome! "The Walker" is probably one of my favorite Fitz songs that I've heard so far, good pick. I had LiveHomeVideo tier that in 2015. I also tiered the Arctic Monkeys song for @Radiohead97 back in 2012. Should be interesting to see how we differed once you release the tiers.

Other than those (and Fantasy), I'm mostly just familiar with Time of the Season and Good Lovin'. I need to listen to Little Black Submarines sometime, though, as I love The Black Keys.
  • edited February 9

Awesome! "The Walker" is probably one of my favorite Fitz songs that I've heard so far, good pick. I had LiveHomeVideo tier that in 2015. I also tiered the Arctic Monkeys song for @Radiohead97 back in 2012. Should be interesting to see how we differed once you release the tiers.

Other than those (and Fantasy), I'm mostly just familiar with Time of the Season and Good Lovin'. I need to listen to Little Black Submarines sometime, though, as I love The Black Keys.

Thanks! I've did my tiering of them, and I saw the tierings of both The Walker and I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, and compared to my tiering, they look different.

The Walker - I'm convinced that the Bass and Vocals are easier than how I've tiered them, so I'll retier them to match @LiveHomeVideo's tiering (And thus, move the Band Tier to Challenging, while moving the Funkadelic Song to the Nightmare Band Tier, since it is apparently harder than The Walker.)

I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - I'm not sure if I buy I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor's Guitar Difficulty on 4, because it looks more like a Devil-tier IMHO, so I'll keep my tiering the same. As for the Bass, I'll change it to a Four on mine, because the Bass Difficulty looks harder than 3 IMHO as well. I'll change the vocals to 5 on mine to match yours, since it seems like that's the most accurate for Vocals, and I'll keep the Drums the same as well, since both yours and mine has the same Drum difficulty.

So Update in a nutshell
    - The Walker's Individual Instrument Difficulties has been changed to match that of @LIveHomeVideo's, and has been moved to the Challenging (4-Dot) Band Tier.
    - Who Says A Funk Band Can't Play Rock?! has it's instrument tiers changed, and has been moved to the Nightmare (5-Dot Band Tier).
    - Deliver Us has been moved up to the Impossible (Devil) Band Tier.
    - And I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor has two of it's instrument tier's changed.
    edited February 9
    I mean, you didn't have to adjust your tiers based on those, I was just showing them to you for the sake of comparison, but if you agree with them, then I guess that works too :p I see the tiers are up and they look pretty good. I actually just relistened to "Dancefloor" to see if my opinion changed on my guitar tier from 2012, and I think I can understand the devil tier on your end but I'd personally keep it at a 4. It mostly sounds like a repetitive chord strumfest outside of the two solos, which sound fairly difficult but not enough to warrant devils IMO. I dunno, if HMX charted it awkwardly then it could possibly be a high 5 dots, but I just can't see it as devils myself.

Also, I should mention that LHV said she tiered "The Walker" devils on guitar because of that snaking riff on keyboard towards the very end. I'm not sure if HMX would chart that, honestly, but after the solo in Miley Cyrus' "Can't Be Tamed" I have an inclination that they would, haha.
  • edited February 11
    @MCSMeister If Harmonix does decide to include I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, and The Walker as RB4 DLC someday, then I'll let you do comparisons with our tiering (Your tiering on Dancefloor, LVH's Tiering on The Walker, and my Tiering on both songs) and their (Harmonix's) offical tiering, the same goes for any of the songs in my wishlist.

Next Wednesday (Or possibly Monday, if Harmonix decides to reveal new songs from Rock Band VR on that day) will be DLC, and they'll be a set of three Singles representing Classic Rock. One of those bands will be a known 1960s Rock Band that we don't have in Rock Band or any other music game (Even Rocksmith doesn't have this band's music yet).
  • edited February 14
    Well, I said that I was going to reveal this week's DLC on Wednesday, but you know what, I've decided that since tomorrow is going to be Valentines and I'm in a good mood, that I've decided to reveal the DLC early. So this is the DLC for this week...

DLC of February Week 3: Singles 009 (Classic Rock)
    - April Wine - Just Between You and Me (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Focus - Hocus Pocus (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City (Band Tier: Moderate)

Next week's DLC will be on Monday. And further more, the DLC for March 2017 will be on Wednesday and it's going to be very exciting, so look forward to it.
  • edited February 27
    It's Wednesday (12:00 AM), which means, it's time for me to reveal my DLC for March's 2017.

- 3 Inches of Blood
    - Aerosmith
    - Black Sabbath
    - Blur
    - Budgie
    - Eagles
    - Mountain
    - Of Mices & Men
    - The Outlaws
    - Sweet
    - The (Young) Rascals (The Brackets means it has songs from both of the band's incarnations (The Young Rascals and The Rascals (Without the "Young" in their band name).

And 3 Mystery Artists. Why's that? Well, it's a better time to tell everyone right now. Starting sometime this morning, I will start a Poll Thread that will decide on which of these following 8 songs will be added as the three mystery DLC. All of these songs are by artists that has Rewind Tracks. Hear are the candidates...

- The All-American Rejects - It Ends Tonight
    - Blue Oyster Cult - Burnin' For You
    - Kansas - Play The Game Tonight
    - Motorhead - Overkill
    - Panic! At The Disco - Victorious
    - Ratt - You're In Love
    - Sum 41 - Motivation
    - System of a Down - Sugar

Anyways, look forward to my Poll Thread, once it appears.
  • TuleRuneTuleRune Rising Star
    Ooh, I have a few of these lined up myself, gonna be fun to see how our tiers compare.

Interested in seeing what the Mountain pick is gonna be.
  • edited February 15
    Voting Thread is now up!

Note, along with the 8 song candidates, someone decided to monkey up my poll thread and add fake candidates that I didn't added. So ignore those and choose one from the eight on the post above (The one before @TuleRune's post).

UPDATE: He's The Greatest Dancer (Sister Sledge) and Girl (Beck) has been added into the candidate list.
  • edited February 16
    This is not a news revealing which of the 10 songs on the voting thread are or reveal of new DLC, but I'm marking these songs for replacement, if a certain rumor is true... Those songs are...

- Chelsea Dagger
    - Left Hand Free
    - Love Bites (So Do I)

Why? It's because of the rumored Rock Band VR Setlist leak on Reddit (Which will eventually be deleated by Harmonix, since they own the Reddit). The three songs mentioned were in it. But for now, Harmonix hasn't confirmed it yet, so it's still a rumor for now.

But if the rumor happens to be true, then those three songs will be replaced, as they have a good chance of being included as DLC, like with Ain't It Fun before (Since I had to replace that with Love Bites, and it would be funny if I've replaced one song with another song, only to replace that one song with another song again).

For now, I'll keep them in my Wishlist, until the rumor is confirmed. Stay tuned for Monday, so I can reveal the DLC of the last Week of February. (And hear's hoping that rumor is true, because there's a few songs that we've would've had in Rock Band by now once we've gotten the first songs from those bands (Reelin' In The Years by Steely Dan, oh, how I've always wanted that song in Rock Band).

Never mind, folks. The rumored VR Setlist leak is fake. @HMXOwl confirmed it to be fake. Also, this rumor came from 4Chan, of all sites.

Moral from this story: Never true information from 4Chan. It's more likely to be false.

Also, adding Goldfrapp's Ooh La La into the candidate list, because it music style is very similiar to Glam Rock (Even though, the artist is a Electroclash genre artist.)
  • edited February 27
    It's Monday, and as I promise, I will reveal the last DLC of the Week of February.

DLC of February Week 4: MIKA 01
    - Boum Boum Boum (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Love Today (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - We Are Golden (Band Tier: Solid)

Yeah, I bet you're surprised that I didn't put in Big Girl (You are Beautiful) or Lollipop (Which both songs are in Ubisoft's Just Dance series), but I'll include them in eventually. Grace Kelly is already in the Wishlist, but outside from the DLC Pack.

Recap of February's DLC
    - April Wine: Just Between You and Me
    - Days of the New: The Down Town
    - Focus: Hocus Pocus
    - The Killers: All The Pretty Faces
    - The Lovin' Spoonful: Summer In The City
    - Smashing Pumpkins: Tarantula
    - Tears For Fears: Mad World, Sowing The Seeds of Love, Laid So Low (Tears Roll Down)

Oh yes, if you haven't already done so, please vote for a song on my poll thread for my Spring 2017 Fan Vote Pack for March's Wishlist DLC. All the songs are now candidates, and so far, the only song that leading is Burning For You.

Oh, yes, a 2nd Expansion Setlist will be coming on March 10. Details on the artists from that expansion will be revealed on March 5, so look forward to it.

P.S: DLC Announcements has been moved to Monday from now on.
    edited February 23
    With "Black Betty" released, here's your first tier comparison!

"Black Betty" comparison

Well, just like TuleRune you got close on everything (except for vocals) - drums are spot-on, guitar and bass are one dot off, while vocals are three dots off. I know this setlist is tiered relatively, but I really don't think vocals deserve a five given their sparseness.

I also made a three-way comparison with your tier, Harmonix's, and @TuleRune's for fun.
  • @MCSMeister Awesome! I expected the drums to be a five, but I thought that the guitar would be Devil-tiered, but I'm surprised Harmonix made it a five instead, but then again, the Guitar part is hard, but not hard enough to be considered Devil tiered.

And I expected the Bass to be hard, but I didn't expected it to be devil-tiered (Which then again, seems very understandable, compared to my 5-tier ranking.)

And I figured that the vocals won't be tiered hard, so I've tiered it a five (Because of the Bam-a-Lam part), but since everyone knows how the song goes, it's understandable that it would be a 2-tiered song.

And also, I also expected Harmonix to give Black Betty the "Classic Rock" genre over the "Southern Rock" genre, as Ram Jam isn't technically a Southern Rock band (They're a band from New York).

Thanks for showing me these comparisons to Black Betty, @MCSMeister and look forward to the artists from my 2nd Expansion for my Wishlist, which will be coming on March 5.
  • edited February 27
    It's Monday! (The new day for DLC Announcements) Which means, time to reveal the first DLC of March 2017.

DLC of March Week 1: Singles 010 (Metal)
    - 3 Inches of Blood - Deadly Sinners (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Budgie - Breadfan (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Of Mice & Men - Bones Exposed (Band Tier: Nightmare)

(Yeah, I know, I've spelt Of Mice & Men, wrong).

The New batch of DLC will be posted on a new post (Forgotten to do that earlier). Anyways, look forward to the next DLC announcement, as well as the announcement for the 2nd Expansion's Artists, which is coming March 5.
  • A Special Announcement!

As you know, I've said that I was going to reveal the Artists for the 2nd Expansion, on March 5, right?

Well, Harmonix surprised me by doing the unexpected: They've revealed the first RB4 DLC of March 2017 a day early, which was very unexpected. (I didn't saw it coming TBH).

So in response to this, I decided that: I'll reveal the 2nd Expansion's Artists Today, and their songs will be revealed on March 3, so stay tuned! :)
  • Are you ready to learn the Artists for the 2nd Expansion? :)

- Diablo Swing Orchestra
    - Electric Light Orchestra
    - Franz Ferdinand
    - Georgia Satellites
    - The Living End
    - The Lumineers
    - Madness
    - Quiet Riot
    - Raspberries
    - Sly & The Family Stone
    - Stratovarius
    - Steppenwolf
    - The Wallflowers
    - X Japan

The songs from these artists will be revealed on March 3, so look forward to it.
    I mean, it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm a big ELO fan given my avatar, so I definitely am excited to see what you pick from them. I imagine it'll be one of their hits, but I'd love to see one of their lesser-known songs get representation here.
  • @MCSMeister Your Avatar is the cover of Out of the Blue, right?

The song I'm choosing for my ELO choice is from that album. (And it's going to be a very good one).
    Indeed it is. And that sounds promising - "Mr. Blue Sky" or "Sweet Talkin' Woman" would be the obvious choices, but I'd also love to see "Turn to Stone", "Across the Border", or "Night in the City".
  • edited March 2
    This is not a DLC Reveal or the unveiling of the songs that will be in the 2nd Expansion of my Rock Band 5 Wishlist. I'm reminding you all that another song will be replaced, the song that is going to be replaced is...

- Counting Stars (From the 2010s Singles Set, Revealed to be part of the Rock Band VR Setlist)

And the song that is going to replace it is...

- Cee Lo Green - Forget You (Band Tier:Challenging)

That is all for today, tomorrow will be the unveiling of the 2nd Expansion's Songs, so look forward to it. (I'll leave the Tiering for Counting Stars for @MCSMeister so he can make his comparison when the song comes as RB4 DLC).
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    A heads up, the link to the tier is missing the : after "http," causing an error. Also, looking forward to the 2nd expansion!
  • Fixed!

Thank you, @LiveHomeVideo
    edited March 3
    I wouldn't be so sure that both "Ain't it Fun" and "Counting Stars" are coming as DLC, because Harmonix emphasized that only some of the Rock Band VR tracks are coming as DLC. I imagine the ones that are exclusive to VR won't have traditional tiers since the game is guitar-only (and isn't based on charts), so we'll have to see what does get released as normal DLC. But, both of those are popular so they do have a chance, I think.

Then again, I feel like they could just be saying that we're only getting "some" so there's some amount of suspense, because it seems silly that they would license these songs only for VR when most people are clamoring for them to be RB4 DLC too (and due to a smaller percentage of the RB community owning a Rift, I can understand that clamor).

By the way, you can remove "Black Betty" from the OP since I already compared it.