FritzyKatz's Rock Band 5 Wishlist (With Tiers & DLC)

Comments

• @MCSMeister Yes, I understand the "Some" part, and Harmonix said that they'll let us know which ones will get released as DLC, but Ain't It Fun and Counting Stars has a very good chance of being included as DLC, for obvious reasons.

- Ain't It Fun: We had several DLC from Paramore, not to mention 3 of their songs in past Rock Band games.
    - Counting Stars: It's OneRepublic's most biggest hit since their very first hit, Apologize, and it's certified 6x Platinum by RIAA, and the album that came off of it, Native, has been certified Platinum by most Music Recording Certification companies (Including RIAA). That, and Counting Stars has been included in 2 Harmonix Games (Dance Central Spotlight and Fantasia: Music Evolved).

It was nice for you to tell me that you wouldn't be so sure, but I have a strong physical belief that those two songs has a very good chance of being included as RB4 DLC eventually, unless Harmonix says otherwise.
  • edited March 4
    Sorry for the long delay, but I've posted all the songs for the 2nd Expansion (They are all on the first two posts of this thread.) For some reason, Harmonix Forums are being stubborn, and keeps giving me the "Your Post Will Appear After It's Approved Message."

I'll post the Card on a seperate post.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited March 4
    Oh nice, "Turn to Stone" was your choice. Glad to see that get representation, great song and not one of their overplayed ones, either!

For when you get tiers up, I dug up a tier I had @Gunsrock13 do for "Turn to Stone" many years ago. I also dug up @SoConfined's tier of "Born to Be Wild".
  • edited March 4
    @MCSMeister I forgot to mentioned that I've already posted the Tiers for all of the songs (They're in the Tierings with all of my other songs that aren't Wishlist DLC (on the First Page).

But it was nice to see these tierings that you've shown me. I'm actually quite surprised that @Gunsrock13's tiering of Turn to Stone and @SoConfined's tiering of Born to Be Wild are easier than how I've tiered them.

I'm happy with my tiering of those two songs, so I'll keep them the same. But thank you for showing me these.
    edited March 4
    I just show you other tiers of the same song for comparison's sake, I don't expect you to change them unless you agree with them. Looking at your tiers, I honestly agree with your "Turn to Stone" tier more. No offense to the guy, but I noticed Gunsrock had a bit of a tendency to undertier things drastically. For example, if you look at his tiering for "The Impression That I Get", both bass and drums were a whopping four dots lower than what HMX put them as, which is such a drastic difference that I rarely ever see when comparing tiers. But, perhaps people hear things differently. Re-listening to "Turn the Stone", though, there's no doubt bass would be way higher than a one (especially if that deep synthy riff is charted on bass - that's definitely 4 dot+ territory). Guitar doesn't sound like a slouch either, with a lot of fast strumming happening in the background.

So yeah, basically what I'm saying here is that you don't need to feel inclined to change tiers based on another person's tiers unless you really do agree with them more.
  • It's Monday! And since this is a very special week for Harmonix (As it's to celebrate (early) the 10th Anniversary of Rock Band) The DLC for this week is very special, are you ready to learn what it is?

DLC of March 2017 Week 2: Rock Band Original Versions
    - Aerosmith - Train Kept A Rolling (Original Version) (Uses the same tiers as the cover from RB1)
    - Black Sabbath - Paranoid (Original Version) (Vocals has been moved to 2)
    - Blur - Beetlebum (Original Version) (Uses the same tiers as the cover from RB1)
    - Mountain - Mississippi Queen (Original Version) (Guitar and Bass has been moved to 1)
    - The Outlaws - Green Grass and High Tides (Original Version) (Drums has been moved to 5)
    - Sweet - Ballroom Blitz (Original Version) (Uses the same tiers as the cover from RB1)

Note: Most of the songs uses the original tier difficulties as the covers that were used when the game first came out, while others has been tiered higher.

Next Monday will be the next DLC Batch, so be looking forward to it.
    I really hope we can get some original versions of those "as made famous by" covers as Rewind tracks down the line. I'd buy most of these, honestly.
  • It's Monday! Well, so far, the special week for Harmonix has been rather underwhelming to say the least (They mentioned that there's going to be one Awesome Song that will be coming this week, so I hope it's as good as they say it is), but anyways, this is the DLC Reveal for this week.

DLC of March Week 3: The (Young) Rascals 01 *Note: The bracket means that this pack has songs from both The Rascals under both of their band names at the respective times: The Young Rascals and The (Just) Rascals).
    - The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - The Rascals - People Got to Be Free (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - The Young Rascals - Groovin' (Band Tier: Warmup)

Next Monday will be two DLC Batches, and one of them will be the botched Spring 2017 Fan-Vote Pack, along with a band that I've wanted to see on Rock Band for a while (We have this band on Guitar Hero, as one of their songs was in Guitar Hero World Tour).
  • edited October 1
    It's Monday! As mentioned earlier, two DLC Batches will make their way as DLC.

NOTE: Because of Burnin' For You's announcement as a normal DLC for Rock Band 4, it is in my best interest to remove the Spring Fan Vote Pack, and relegate it into a pair of singles. Thus, the Eagles Essentials 01 is now the sole DLC Pack for this week.

1st DLC of March Week 4: Spring Fan Vote 2017
    - The All-American Rejects - It Ends Tonight (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Motorhead - Overkill (Band Tier: Impossible)

2nd DLC Batch will be posted in next post.
  • edited March 21

2nd DLC of March Week 4: Eagles Essentials 01
    - The Best of My Love (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Heartache Tonight (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - How Long? (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Life in The Fast Lane (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - New Kid in Town (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - No More Cloudy Days (Band Tier: Solid)
    - One of These Nights (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Take It Easy (Band Tier: Apprentice)

I know it's slighty a stretch for Harmonix, but I really hope that we get some Eagles songs as RB4 DLC sometime, because that's one of many bands I've wanted in Rock Band for a while. Anyways, last DLC of March will be posted next Monday.
  • It's Monday! This is the last DLC of the month, and I hope you are prepared of this quote from a certain movie that I'm going to refer: "If you must blink, do it now." Cause our next pack is....

DLC of March Week 5: Universal Studios Animated Films
    - Diana Ross - If We Hold On Together (Band Tier: Apprentice) (The Land Before Time)
    - Regina Spektor - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Band Tier: Moderate) (Kubo and The Two Strings)
    - Steve Winwood - Reach for the Light (Band Tier: Solid) (Balto)

I know it's near damn impossible to get a cover of a Beatles song (even though, we do have the original version in The Beatles Rock Band) because of Music Licensing, but I feel in love with the cover version that appeared in Kubo ever since I've watched that film, and I hope that if does become possible, we might get this cover, because it would be nice to play shamisen on Rock Band.

Anyways, recap of all of the songs that was announced so far.
    - 3 Inches of Blood: Deadly Sinners
    - Aerosmith: Train Kept A Rollin' (Original Version)
    - All-American Rejects: It Ends Tonight
    - Black Sabbath: Paranoid (Original Version)
    - Blue Oyster Cult: Burning For You
    - Blur: Beetlebum (Original Version)
    - Budgie: Breadfan
    - Eagles: Best of My Love, Heartache Tonight, How Long?, Life in the Fast Lane, New Kid in Town, No More Cloudy Days, One of These Nights, Take It Easy
    - Motorhead: Overkill
    - Mountain: Mississippi Queen (Original Version)
    - Of Mices & Men: Bones Exposed
    - The Outlaws: Green Grass and High Tides (Original Version)
    - Sweet: Ballroom Blitz
    - The (Young) Rascals: Beautiful Morning, Groovin', People Gotta Be Free

Later, I'll be posting which artists will be coming next Month.
  • Somehow, my DLC post got erased, so I've decided that I'm not going to do that anymore. Instead, all DLC posts will be posted once they are announced.

Anyways, hear's what to expect on April...

- A Day to Remember
    - The Dead Boys
    - Foster The People
    - Len
    - MGMT
    - Puffy Amiyumi
    - Robbie Williams
    - Sum 41

The first DLC of April will be revealed next Monday.
    edited March 27
    Looks like a good batch coming up. I'm a big Foster the People fan and have requested some of their lesser-known tracks in various tier threads. I've been meaning to get into MGMT, but only know the obvious "Kids" and "Electric Feel" right now. I'd buy either in RB for sure. I'm really surprised we haven't seen "Kids" by now since it seems to have become a staple of the entire indie pop/rock genre, though I think it'd work better in a Rock Band 3 setting, granted.

Not terribly familiar with the rest, but I'm sure the Len track will be the obvious "Steal My Sunshine" (which I'd also buy). However, since it uses a prominent sample from a '70s disco track, I'm not sure how likely it'd be in RB.
  • Radiohead97Radiohead97 Rising Star
    @MCSMeister I recommend the entire Oracular Spectacular album. I had someone tier it a while ago.
  • It's Monday! Are you're ready to Pogo with your Mohawks? Because this is our first batch of DLC for the first month of April...

- A Day To Remember - Right Back At It Again (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Sum 41 - Motivation (Band Tier: Moderate)

Next DLC Batch will be revealed in Monday as usual.
    Not really familiar with anything here, but I'm holding out for Foster the People and MGMT!

@MCSMeister I recommend the entire Oracular Spectacular album. I had someone tier it a while ago.

Fitting, because that's the only album of theirs I own. Got it at a library some years ago and it's been on my computer since. It's definitely on the to-listen list.

Not really familiar with anything here, but I'm holding out for Foster the People and MGMT!

Fitting, because that's the only album of theirs I own. Got it at a library some years ago and it's been on my computer since. It's definitely on the to-listen list.
    Definitely worth it. One of my favorites.
  • Konnichiwa! It's Monday, folks! Hear's this week's DLC for the Wishlist, a 3 pack from one of my favorite Japanese Rock Bands, Puffy Amiyumi!

- All Because of You (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Asia no Junshin (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Circuit no Musume (Band Tier: Moderate)

(The Videos are from the Vevo Website). Anyways, look forward to next Monday, because the Foster The People song will be revealed on that week, along with two others.
  • This is not a DLC Announcement, but I just want to give you guys a heads up on what's coming the week after next week (Which is the last week of April, ICYW).

I'm posting this because I'm in a really good mood (I've just gotten both the Rock Band Master and the Rock Band Immortal trophy, plus some others that I didn't got, so I'm only 2 trophies (I've got all the extra trophies from Rivals. The trophies I've yet to obtain are Locked In and Creative Differences). So I'll cut to the chase...

What's coming in the Last Week of April is MGMT! But it's not going to be a meer Artist Pack with 3 songs... Instead, it will be an entire album: The Oracular Spectacular Album, which is mentioned by @Radiohead97, will be coming in the last week of April.

Anyways, look forward to the last week of April for Oracular Spectacular album pack, as well as the DLC that is coming next week.
    Man, didn't expect that.
  • edited April 20
    Hey, sorry for the long delay, but I've got distracted because I've gotten Persona 5 recently, and I was so excited to play it until I've beaten the game. Anyways, this is the DLC for this week: 3 Singles that matches a common theme, and the theme this time is the Pop-Rock genre.

- Foster The People - Coming of Age (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Len - Steal My Sunshine (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You (Band Tier: Nightmare)

Due to the upcoming Weekly Challenge, and Persona 5 combined, I may have to announce that Oracular Spectacular Album pack on Next Wednesday. I hope you look forward to it.
  • Coincidentally, I learned about Robbie Williams recently, and now he's just my favorite thing ever. The king of music videos as far as I'm concerned!
    ...Foster the Children? :p Might want to fix that.

Happy to see "Coming of Age" be the pick, since that's a bit of an underrated gem of theirs. Glad you didn't go with a more obvious one. For comparison's sake, here's the tier of it that I had @LiveHomeVideo do last January. Looks like you both have vocals and drums spot-on, but differ a dot on bass and three dots on guitar. Then again. LHV said she envisioned some synths being part of the guitar chart, and that bumped it up considerably. I'm gathering you just "charted" only the guitar.

Oh, and "Steal My Sunshine" is obviously a fun song that I'd buy in RB. Didn't realize it would be that easy on everything, haha.
  • Fixed.

Thanks for pointing out my typo, @MCSMeister! (Got pressed for time while posting it) and yes, I did charted only the Guitar Part.
    edited April 20
    Makes sense, and no problem.

Also, it just occurred to me that I forgot to compare your "Counting Stars" tier (I'm nearly a month late, yikes). I'll do that now so you can take it out of the OP finally.

"Counting Stars" comparison

Pretty great comparison overall! Guitar and vocals are perfect, while drums are only a dot off and bass is two dots off.
  • edited May 12
    I said that I might post it on Wednesday, but I figured I do it as soon as possible. So...

It's Monday! So without further ado, I give you the Oracular Spectacular album pack by MGMT...

- Time to Pretend (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Weekend Wars (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - The Youth (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Electric Feel (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - 4th Dimension Transition (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Pieces of What (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - The Handshake (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Future Reflections (Band Tier: Moderate)
    (NOTE: Kids was released as a standalone DLC first, but is part of this Album Pack)

In case you're wondering about the reveal card, it's based on those cheesy 1990s Music CD Commercials (Which means, the Number on the card isn't real (Though, I'll be damned it it was), it's just for artistic touch (The Numbers after the 1-800 is supposed to spell out RCK-BAND).

I've tiered all the songs in advanced on Saturday, in case you wanted to know. Anyways, recap of what has been revealed in the last few weeks...

- A Day to Remember: Right Back At It Again
    - Dead Boys: Sonic Reducer
    - Foster The People: Coming of Age
    - Len: Steal My Sunshine
    - Puffy Amiyumi: All Because of You, Asia no Junshin, Circuit no Musume
    - Robbie Williams: Let Me Entertain You
    - Sum 41: Motivation

I'll be posting the Artists of May 2017 at a later time, so stay tuned.
  • edited April 24
    Hear are the artists of May 2017...

- Alessia Cara
    - Alter Bridge
    - Aztec Camera
    - The Buggles
    - Janelle Monae
    - Midnight Oil
    - Peter Gabriel
    - Snoop Dog
    - Stevie Wonder ft. Ariana Grande
    - Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Album "Mother's Milk"

Five of these featured artists will be part of next week's Pack that shares a common theme. So look forward to it on next Monday.
  • edited May 1
    Just a heads up on the upcoming Wishlist DLC Pack that is coming this upcoming week... I'll be revealing on Tuesday, instead. Not only because there's a chance that one of the songs on the Artist Preview Card for May 2017 might be on Harmonix's official DLC reveal for May 2017, but I'll be releasing songs for a 3rd Expansion for my Rock Band 5 Wishlist.

Tomorrow, I'll reveal one half of list of seven artists that will be in the 3rd Expansion and two of those songs from those artists will be revealed on DLC Reveal Cards for each week until there's one song left from the list, and then the other half of the Expansion will reveal another seven artists, and will end as soon the last song from that set is announced.

This 3rd Expansion will be the last expansion for my Rock Band 5 Wishlist.

So look forward to tomorrow for the artist unveiling, and Tuesday for the reveal of the first of May 2017's DLC and the first two songs of the 3rd Expansion.
  • It's Monday, and as Promised, hear is the first half of the Artists in the 3rd Expansion.

- ABBA
    - Bleachers
    - Candlebox
    - The Contours
    - The Seekers
    - Sonata Arctica
    - Swing Out Sister

Two songs from two of those artists will be revealed alongside this Week's DLC tomorrow, so look forward to it.