FritzyKatz's Rock Band 5 Wishlist (With Tiers & DLC)

Comments

• @Radiohead97

Remember, you only have one guess per day unless we're down to the last Artist in the MTP 02.

You've already guessed one Mystery Artist on this day (Midnight means beginning of a new day, ICYF), and there's only 5 left.

But since it's the last week of Season 1 Weekly Challenges, I'll let it go, just this once. You are correct on the guess for Mystery Band 6. (But this is the only time I'm doing this, so next time, when you make a guess, wait until the next day. ;) ).

Mystery Band 5 of Mystery Track Pack 02 is Richard Hell & The Voidoids, which is one of the prominent bands of New York's 1970s Punk Rock scene. Richard Hell used to play for Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers (Not to be confused with the back-up band led by Tom Petty). This Band is known for their song, Blank Generation, which is rewrite of Tom McKuen's The Beat Generation.

Blank Generation will be one of the songs in the Mystery Track Pack 02.

_ _ _ _ _ / _
    The / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Kraftwerk - The Model
    The Marshall Tucker Band - Fire on the Mountain
    Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes
    Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation
    _ _ _ _ _ / & / _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Band 1: Two of the songs for this band appeared in Ubisoft's Just Dance series.
    Band 2: This Band's Only No.1 Hit was part of an "Awesome" mix.
    Band 7: This soft rock classic appeared in a film named after a song from a White Whale Band.
    Band 8: One of the albums of this band features New York City in an interesting style.

Remember, One guess per day until we're down to the very last Mystery Band (Which is 1 Band).
  • A new Random Letter for today (It is now August 2nd, 2017)... O!

_ O _ _ _ / _
    Kraftwerk - The Model
    _ _ _ _ _ / & / _ _ O _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Band 7: This soft rock classic appeared in a film named after a song from a White Whale Band.
    Band 8: One of the albums of this band features New York City in an interesting style.
  • SPECIAL DLC ANNOUNCEMENT AHOY! B)

As promised, I will reveal a special DLC Pack that coincide with this day: It's the day of Persona P-Live 2017, the concert dedicated to one of my favorite RPG game series, Persona. So in celebration of this, I'm releasing a Persona 3-song pack with all 3 main themes of all 3 main games.

First up, Burn My Dread, from Persona 3, by Yumi Kawamura. This song will use the full version, which appeared in the Burn My Dream -Reincarnation: Persona 3- album. Taking place at a fictional city called Iwatodai, Persona 3 takes on the role of a transfer student who lost his parents 9-years ago before the events of the game.

He joins SEES, a group of Persona-users who fights against monsters called Shadows, which appears in a time period known as The Dark Hour. As the game progress, they recruit more Persona-users, and learn eventually, that after slaying 12 special Shadows, they've unknowingly brought upon The Fall, now they work together to undo their mistake before The Fall comes.

Next up is Shadow World, from Persona 4, by Shihoko Hirata. This song is the opening of Persona 4: Golden, which is the enhanced remake of the original game. Taking place in another fictional town called Yasoinaba. Persona 4 takes on the role of yet another transfer student (Canon name: Yu Narukami) who comes into Yasoinaba to stay with his uncle, who is a local police detective.

However, at a really bad time too, because there is a string of mysterious disappearances and deaths, which are in truth, caused by the victims getting trapped inside a World in the TV and getting killed by their Inner Shadows. Teaming up with two fellow students, and a talking Bear, they work together to prevent more victims from suffering the same fate. Said victims then join their group, the Investigation Team, to catch the culprit responsible.

And finally, from Persona 5, Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There, from the recent entry of the Persona series, Persona 5, by Lynn. This time, taking place in Tokyo, as opposed to a fictional city like before. Persona 5, just like Persona 3 and 4 before it, takes on the role of yet another transfer student, who gets arrested for assaulting a drunkard who tried to rape a woman, and then gets probated, and gets sent to Cafe LeBlanc to stay there until he is pardoned of all crimes.

But eventually, he gains a strange App on his iPhone device, which allows him to travel into places called Palaces. Eventually, he gains the power to use Persona, as well as a wardrobe change. He forms a group of Persona-users to punish wicked-hearted people who has done wrong in the real world. So, without further ado, I give you The Celebrating: Persona Track Pack.

- Lynn - Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Shihiko Hirata - Shadow World (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Yumi Kawamura - Burn My Dread (Band Tier: Solid)

We only have 4 Mystery Artists left, so anyone wants to take guesses? :)

_ O _ _ _ / _
    Kraftwerk - The Model
    _ _ _ _ _ / & / _ _ O _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

• Is band 7 Seals & Crofts?

• @WingsOfSteel Correct! :)

James "Jim" Seals and Darrell "Dash" Crofts are a Soft Rock Duo who are known for 3 hits in the 1970s, including their first Highest Charting Song: Summer Breeze, which was featured in the movie, Dazed and Confused, which takes it's name from a Led Zeppelin song of the same name (Hence, explaining the White Whale Band hint).

Summer Breeze is the 5th Song that will appear in Mystery Track Pack 02.

_ O _ _ _ / _
    Kraftwerk - The Model
    Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

• Band 2: The Five Stairsteps (these names, you just don't hear these kinda names anymore!)
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    If he didn't include the "the", I would have gotten that (sources differ, but I always understood Five Stairsteps to not have "the" in their name).

• @thebipsnbeeps Correct. (And yeah, @MCSmeister is right, I didn't had to include the word "The" in the band name, since Wikipedia listed as "Five Stairsteps".)

From the city of Chicago, the Five Stairsteps are from Chicago's Soul-genre scene, which includes The Staple Sisters, Curtis Mayfield, & Earth, Wind, & Fire. This band is known for their highest charting song on the pop charts, Ooh, Child, which was featured in the Soundtrack for the first Guardians of the Galaxy Movie.

Ooh, Child will be the 6th Song in Mystery Track Pack 02.

_ O _ _ _ / _
    Five Stairsteps - Ooh, Child
    Kraftwerk - The Model
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

• Double-Woopsie, I've spelted the song title the wrong way. It's spelt as O-o-h Child, not Ooh, Child. I shall fix this mistake immediately.

_ O _ _ _ / _
    Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
    Kraftwerk - The Model
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

• A Special Announcement, because I'm in a really good mood! :)

As you are aware, I've revealed a special DLC Pack in celebration of the Persona series, because of Persona P-Live 2017, right? Well, on the same day, Harmonix revealed the August DLC songs for Rock Band 4, and one of them caught my eye: Every Morning by Sugar Ray. Not only that, but also, the Rock Band 4 Season 2 Season Pass.

Because of this, I have decided to do something regarding DLC and the Mystery Track Pack Game. First, let's start off with the DLC. I will reveal which DLC will be coming out.

Next Week is The Get-Up Kids, Jaret Reddick, Matchbook Romance, and My Chemical Romance.
    Week 3 is Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. It will be a Six Pack with six songs from them.
    Week 4 is The Avett Brothers, Gov't Mule, and The Ozark Mountain Daredevils.
    Week 5 will be that special NFL themed Pack.

And in addition to this, on August 4, there will be another Special DLC Pack, dedicated to Savage Garden, to commemorate the release of the Live-action Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Diamond Is Unbreakable Live-Action Film in Japan.

And finally, a list of every Artist of the NLF Themed Pack. It will be seperated in two parts. One to represent the NFL faction, and the AFL faction. (NOTE: You may or may not have heard these bands before.)
    =AFL Side List=
    - Bearstronaut
    - The Bunny The Bear
    - The Candles
    - Chicano Batman
    - Cloud Nothings
    - Code Orange
    - Day Wave
    - Diarrhea Planet
    - I Set My Friends on Fire
    - Lower Dens
    - Making Movies
    - Paper Bird
    - The Ready Set
    - Tedeschi Trucks Band
    - The Tontons
    - Walk The Moon

=NFL Side List=
    - Animals as Leaders
    - Best Coast
    - DIIV
    - Direct Hit
    - Gatecreeper
    - Geographer
    - Gringo Star
    - The Head and The Heart
    - Hiss Golden Messenger
    - Hurray for the Riff Raff
    - Johnathan Tyler and the Northern Lights
    - Modern Baseball
    - Poliça
    - Protomartyr
    - Smith Westerns
    - Success Will Write Apocalypse Across the Sky

And now for the Mystery Track Pack Game. Just for this one month, I have decided to remove the 1-day limit, so that means, if you've already guessed a mystery band, you get to guess another one again. (And we're down to the last two mystery Artists, so why don't we finish this pack?)

And furthermore, I'll reveal two Letters of my choice, and my choices are... E and P.

_ O _ E _ / _
    Kraftwerk - The Model
    _ _ P E _ _ _ _ _ P

Anyways, look forward to the upcoming DLC.
  • Band 1 has gotta be Boney M.
  • Image result for boney m

@WingsOfSteel Correct! :)

During the Disco Era, there are a significant rise of Eurodisco bands across the Europe. ABBA from Sweden is a prime example of Eurodisco, and so is this band: Boney M, which is from Germany, but not the band members. This band was formed by four members from the Caribbean Islands. The band made a strong debute with their debute album, Take the Heat Off Me, which contained their No.1 Chart Topper, Daddy Cool.

Daddy Cool is the seventh and second-to-last song in the Mystery Track Pack 02, only 1 more Band to guess, who wants to guess it? :)

Boney M - Daddy Cool
    Kraftwerk - The Model
    _ _ P E _ _ _ _ _ P

• Radiohead97Radiohead97 Rising Star
    edited August 3
    Number eight is Supertramp right?
  • @Radiohead97 Correct! :)

Originally known as Daddy from 1969 to 1970 until making a name change, Supertramp is one of numerous Prog Rock bands from the 1970s that has combined their style of music with Pop-Rock. The band is known for the song, Give a Little Bit, from the album, Even in the Quietest Moment, and their most famous album, Breakfast in America, which depicts the city of New York as Dishes, with a waitress named Libby as The Statue of Liberty.

The Logical Song, which is from Breakfast in America, is the final song in Mystery Track Pack 02. And thus, the track pack is now complete, and will now be released.

=Mystery Track Pack Game Story Mode: Chapter 2 Story=
    "Judy and Nick were continuing to figure out where the other Missing Mammals are, and eventually, they got a tip-off from a Hot Dog Vendor from New York City, who told them that a Middle-aged Black Bear was seen at a Disco-Tribute Party at a Disco Club. They headed there and founded Theodore Urston. They took the Bear back to his home, where his wife is waiting for an explanation."
    =Chapter 2 Story End=

- Boney M - Daddy Cool (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Kraftwerk - The Model (Band Tier: Solid)
    - The Marshall Tucker Band - Fire on the Mountain (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dude (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Supertramp - The Logical Song (Band Tier: Impossible)

Look forward to the other cool DLC that is coming this month, including Savage Garden 01, this Friday.
  • Sorry for the delay. (I was watching videos of RPG Maker MV Plugins, that I got distracted) But I promise that I would release a Savage Garden DLC Pack in celebration of the release of the Live-Action Jojo Bizarre Adventure Film. And I'm going to do so right now.

Savage Garden is a well-beloved Pop band from the 1990s, when Teen-pop genre of bands like Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls overshadowed the Grunge Genre music from the earlier 90s after Kurt Cobain's death. They managed to achieve some small success in the US with the songs I Want You and Truly Madly Deeply from their self-titled Album, and I Knew I Loved You from their last album, Affirmation.

But sadly, the band split in 2001 after rumors that Darren Hayes was going to split up the band to start his Solo Career, which was all true, as Hayes' Solo-Career was popular enough for his first album to reach No.3 in the Australian Album Charts.

In spite of this, Savage Garden remains one of Australia's most popular Pop Bands. Popular enough to release two compilation albums (One of them was released in Japan in 2016, due to the song I Want You being used as the ending theme for the Diamond Is Unbreakable Arc of the Jojo's Bizarre Adventures anime).

The Bolded Songs are what's in the Savage Garden 01 Pack, and hear it is.

- I Knew I Loved You (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - I Want You (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Truly Madly Deeply (Band Tier: Warmup)

Look forward to next week's DLC, coming on August 6th.
  • "Look alive sunshine. 109 in the sky, but the pigs won't quit! You're hear with me, Dr.Death Defying, I'll be your surgeon, your proctor, your helicopter! Bumping out the slaughtermatic sounds to keep you live. A system failure for the masses, antimatter for the master plan."

"Louder than God's revolver and twice as shiny. This one's for all you rock and rollers, all you crash queens and motor babies. Listen up! The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary. It's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys? Make some noise!"

It is August 6th, and as promise, this upcoming week's Wishlist DLC will be revealed for the Second Week of August: A set of 3 Songs representing the Emo Genre, and one-additional song. The Emo Genre started off as a rather unknown genre in the 1990s, but gotten popular as the 2000s came.

First song to join this set of singles is Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) by My Chemical Romance, from the album, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. A song that is long overdue, as far as MCR songs are concerned. A really fun song to play on any instrument.

Second is Action & Action by The Get-Up Kids, from the album, Something to Write Home About. While we do have The Get-Up Kids as one of the many artists and bands from Rock Band Network, we're still missing this Emo Classic from the late 1990s.

Third song and the last song of the single set is Monsters by Matchbook Romance, from the album, Voices. This song was one of the songs from Guitar Hero III's Soundtrack. This song is pretty hard, but yet pretty fun for some, on all instruments.

These set of three will be joined by one additional song that has nothing to do with the set theme. That song is Endless Possibilities by Jaret Reddick, from the game, Sonic Unleashed, to coincide with the upcoming release of Sonic Mania. (And a Crush 40 Album Pack is planned for Sonic Forces release, so look forward to that).

=Singles Set=
    - The Get-Up Kids - Action & Action (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Matchbook Romance - Monsters (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) (Band Tier: Impossible)
    =Extra Song=
    - Jaret Reddick - Endless Possibilities (Band Tier: Nightmare)

Next week will be Emerson, Lake, and Palmer 01, which will be revealed on August 13th. :)
  • SPECIAL DLC ANNOUNCEMENT! B)

As I mentioned earlier, a Track Pack dedicated to Emerson, Lake, and Palmer will be revealed on August 13th. Well, today is 44th Anniversary of the birth of Hip-Hop Music. On this day in 1973, a man named Clive Campbell, or better known to the Hip-Hop community as DJ Kool Herc, introduced the first Hip-Hop Party.

The genre gained a cult following when the 1980s came, as Hip-Hop groups like Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, the Sugarhill Gang, Run-DMC, The Beastie Boys, and such were producing sounds that were very unheard of in all genres of the Rock'n Roll industry.

But as the years go by, Hip-Hop music became somewhat darker with very profane lyrics than what 1980s hip-hop had to offer, which makes it one of my least favorite genres of music. But I'm cool with classic Hip-Hop, because the lyrics aren't as profane as songs from later years.

So in honor of a genre that has been around since the early 1970s, I'll be releasing this song as a standalone song to rep the genre: Funky Cold Medina by Tone Loc. This song is a good Hip-Hop song for Rock Band, since it includes parts from several rock songs (Granted, one of those songs is from The Rolling Stones, so Harmonix would need to contact them before getting this song out. So seeing this song in Rock Band is probably going to be impossible, but I would love to see it in Rock Band, though. :) )

- Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina (Band Tier: Apprentice)
  • Okay... :p

Dunno why I got laughed at for posting music on a Wishlist, but whatever. :p
  • It's August 13, and as promised, I'll be revealing a Wishlist DLC for my Wishlist thread. But first, I need to give a reminder...

Two days ago, I released Tone Loc's Funky Cold Medina as a extra DLC for the Wishlist, and then this odd thing happen: Some weirdo laughed at my Wishlist Thread, thinking that I've posted the wrong songs that are coming this month. I assumed that he never saw a Wishlist thread before and laughed, thinking that I've gotten the wrong songs for this month.

Well, let me remind everyone that the LOL button is meant for things like funny pictures, videos, or statements. It wasn't meant for a Wishlist thread. I am aware of what songs are coming this month on Rock Band 4, this Wishlist Thread of mine is just for fun. It was never meant to be laughed at, it was meant to appreciate my taste in music to appeal to the Rock Band Community. I mean come on, I just find it weird that someone would laugh at stuff like Supertramp, My Chemical Romance, and such. :p

Anyways, now that that's been taken care of, let's move on to our DLC for this week: A six-song pack from the Prog Supergroup, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. The songs in this wishlist pack are, from the self-titled album named after the band, Lucky Man. From the album Tarkus, A Time and a Place. From the album Trilogy, From The Beginning.

From the live album, Welcome Back My Friends to the Show That Never Ends, a medley of Jeremy Bender, from the album Tarkus, and The Sheriff from the album, Trilogy. And From the album, Works Volume 1, C'est la Vie and Fanfare for the Common Man. Well, without further ado, here is Emerson, Lake, and Palmer 01.

- C'est la Vie (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Fanfare for the Common Man (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - From the Beginning (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Jeremy Bender|The Sheriff (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Lucky Man (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - A Time and a Place (Band Tier: Nightmare)

C'est la Vie earns the honor of being the first song in my Wishlist that doesn't have any drum part. Next week will be Southern Rock Bands, so look forward to it. :)
  • It's Sunday, which means, it's time for me to reveal a Wishlist DLC.

This week's DLC is dedicated to Southern Rock, Rock music that is performed from bands from the Southern United States (Texas, Florida, you get the idea), which started in 1960 and became a popular genre during the 1970s.

As usual, there will be 3 songs from 3 different artists, not tied to a pack. The first song is Another is Waiting by The Avett Brothers, which is from their second most sold album, Magpie and the Dandelion. Next song is Streamline Woman by Gov't Mule, from the album, High & Mighty, which appeared in Guitar Hero 5.

Last song to join this set of singles is If You Wanna Get to Heaven by The Ozark Mountain Daredevils, from the band's first Self-Titled Album. So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you this set of Singles by Southern Rock bands from the past and present.

(Yes, I did used the Philadelphia Eagles' logo, because I wanted to use a Eagle Logo for the DLC Card)

- The Avett Brothers - Another is Waiting (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Gov't Mule - Streamline Woman (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - The Ozark Mountain Daredevils - If You Wanna Get to Heaven (Band Tier: Challenging)

Next week will be not one, but two DLC Megapacks that has a NFL-theme to celebrate the start of Super Bowl season. So look forward to it. :)
  • "Are you ready for some Football!?"

It's Sunday, and it's time for me to reveal the last two DLC Packs of August, which is technically 1 Big DLC Pack split into two halves.

The DLC of this Week are Two Packs with a NFL-theme to celebrate Superbowl Season, which is coming in September. As stated before, the DLC Pack is technically 1 big DLC Pack, divided into two halves. One half represents the NFC, and the other half represents AFC. Each of the artist are modern Artists, that represents the city of all 32 NFL Teams.

On the NFC Side, we have...
    - Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights, from Dallas (Dallas Cowboys)
    - DIIV, from New York (New York Giants)
    - Modern Baseball, from Philadelphia (Philadelphia Eagles)
    - Animals as Leaders, from Washington D.C. (Washington Redskins)
    - Gringo Star, from Atlanta (Atlanta Falcons)
    - Hiss Golden Messenger, from North Carolina (Carolina Panthers)
    - Hurray for the Riff Raff, from New Orleans (New Orleans Saints)
    - Success Will Write Apocalypse Across The Sky, from Tampa Bay (Tampa Bay Pirates)
    - Smith Westerns, from Chicago (Chicago Bears)
    - Protomartyr, from Detroit (Detroit Lions)
    - Direct Hit, from Wisconsin (Green Bay Packers, but the Band is from Milwaukee)
    - Poliça, from Minnesota (Minnesota Vikings)
    - Gatecreeper, from Arizona (Arizona Cardinals)
    - Geographer, from San Francisco (San Francisco 49ers)
    - The Head and The Heart, from Seattle (Seattle Seahawks)
    - Best Coast, from Los Angeles (Los Angeles Rams)

So, let's reveal the songs from the NFC-Side of the Super Bowl Season Megapack.

- Animals as Leaders - CAFO (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Best Coast - California Nights (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - DIIV - Doused (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Direct Hit - Werewolf Shame (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Gatecreeper - Rotting As One (Live) (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Geographer - Kites (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Gringo Star - All Y'all (Band Tier: Solid)
    - The Head and The Heart - Lost In My Mind (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Hiss Golden Messenger - Saturday's Song (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Hurray for the Riff Raff - The Body Electric (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights - Pardon Me (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Modern Baseball - Your Graduation (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Poliça - Lime Habit (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Protomartyr - Why Does It Shake? (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Smith Westerns - 3 A.M. Spiritual (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Success Will Write Apocalypse Across The Sky - The Tamagotchi Gesture (Band Tier: Impossible)

FUN FACT: I almost posted a song called Pálinka Sunrise by another Gringo Star (Not the one that had the song in the pack, but a different band from Hungary) by mistake.

The other Pack will be posted soon.
  • On the AFC Side, we have...
    - The Bunny The Bear, from Buffalo (Buffalo Bills)
    - I Set My Friends On Fire, from Miami (Miami Dolphins)
    - Bearstronaut, from Boston (New England Patriots)
    - The Candles, from New York (New York Jets)
    - The Tontons, from Houston (Houston Texans)
    - The Ready Set, from Indianapolis (Indianapolis Colts)
    - Tedeschi Trucks Band, from Jacksonville (Jacksonville Jaguar)
    - Diarrhea Planet, from Tennessee (Tennessee Titans)
    - Lower Dens, from Baltimore (Baltimore Ravens)
    - Walk The Moon, from Cincinnati (Cincinnati Bengals)
    - Cloud Nothings, from Cleveland (Cleveland Browns)
    - Code Orange, from Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh Steelers)
    - Paper Bird, from Denver (Denver Broncos)
    - Making Movies, from Kansas City (Kansas City Chiefs)
    - Day Wave, from Oakland (Oakland Raiders)
    - Chicano Batman, from Los Angeles (Los Angeles Chargers)

And hear are the songs from the NFC Side.

- Bearstronaut - Painted In The Dark (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - The Bunny The Bear - The Seeds We Sow (Band Tier: Solid)
    - The Candles - Move Along (Feat. Norah Jones) (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Chicano Batman - Black Lipstick (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Cloud Nothings - Stay Useless (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Code Orange - Dreams in Inertia (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Day Wave - Come Home Now (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Diarrhea Planet - Ghost With A B**** (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - I Set My Friends On Fire - Things That Rhyme With Orange (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Lower Dens - To Die in L.A. (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Making Movies - Locura Colectiva (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Paper Bird - Through These Days (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - The Ready Set - Love Like Woe (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Tedeschi Trucks Band - Midnight In Harlem (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - The Tontons - Veida (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Walk The Moon - Anna Sun (Band Tier: Solid)

Recap of August, plus the upcoming Artists of September, will come later.
  • Recap of August.

=Emerson, Lake, & Palmer=
    - C'est la Vie
    - Fanfare for the Common Man
    - From The Beginning
    - Jeremy Bender/The Sheriff
    - Lucky Man
    - A Time and a Place
    =The Mamas and The Papas=
    - Creeque Alley
    - Dedicated to the One I Love
    - Go Where You Wanna Go
    - I Saw Her Again
    - Monday, Monday
    - Words of Love
    =Other Songs=
    - The Avett Brothers: Another Is Waiting
    - Boney M: Daddy Cool
    - Five Stairsteps: O-o-h Child
    - The Get-Up Kids: Action & Action
    - Gov't Mule: Streamline Woman
    - Jaret Reddick: Endless Possibilities
    - Kraftwerk: The Model
    - Lynn: Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There
    - The Marshall Tucker Band: Fire on the Mountain
    - Matchbook Romance: Monsters
    - Mott the Hoople: All The Young Dudes
    - My Chemical Romance: Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)
    - The Ozark Mountain Daredevils: If You Wanna Get to Heaven
    - Richard Hell & The Voidoids: Blank Generation
    - Seals & Croft: Summer Breeze
    - Shihoko Hirata: Shadow World
    - Supertramp: The Logical Song
    - Tone Loc: Funky Cold Medina
    - Yumi Kawamura: Burn My Dread

And hear are the Artists that will be coming in September.

- Adele
    - Faster Pussycat
    - KC & The Sunshine Band
    - Marvin Gaye
    - Shakira
    - Sweet
    - T.Rex
    - Tomoyasu Hotei

September DLC will be revealed on September 1st, which will also be the start of the next Mystery Track Pack game. I hope you are looking forward to it. :)
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Man, wish I had enough time and energy to make a pack of this size and tie it to a central theme! I also like that there's a lot of smaller bands and artists, I like discovering new stuff through these sorts of threads. While I'm not entirely a fan of every song here, a lot of it does look like it'd be rather fun!
    edited August 27
    Fully agreed, LHV. Also, I'm really happy to see Bearstronaut here. I've added them to my list of bands to listen to and so far I've been impressed with both songs I've heard from them ("Shadow" and "Gold"). They seem to be one of the free Rivals bands that's resonating pretty well with almost everyone. I have yet to listen to anything pre-Telecoast, so I'd be interested in checking out the one you tiered sometime.

Also, I'd totally be down for "Anna Sun" in RB. We already have Walk the Moon's two big songs, so that one should be next IMO.
  • edited August 27
    Thanks, guys. :)

I enjoyed making it too, and I discovered some new bands that I might like in the future, thanks to Amazon Music (Just had an account for that just recently). Much like LHV, I too, like to discover new stuff.

Look forward to the first DLC of September, as well as a special Spoiler that will come a day later (September 2nd). I think you'll like it just as much as the NFL-themed Pack. ;)

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot to list this on the Recap. So I'll post this hear so it won't delete the September DLC Artists Card.

- Savage Garden: I Knew I Loved You, I Want You, Truely, Madly, Deeply.
  • It's September 1st, and it's time for me to reveal the first Wishlist DLC of September.

Our Wishlist DLC for the upcoming week is a set of 3 singles representing the Glam Genre, which covers classic 1970s Glam Rock, to Glam Metal from the 1980s to the early 1990s. The first song in this set of songs is Little Willy by Sweet, which is one of the first charting songs for this band.

Next song to join this lineup is Metal Guru by T.Rex, from the album, The Slider. This song would get notable attention when it was heard in the film Herbie: Fully Loaded. The last song in the lineup is Bathroom Wall by Faster Pussycat, from the band's Self-Titled Album. The song was one of the songs in Guitar Hero Encore: Rock The 80's Soundtrack.

So, without further ado, hear is the first DLC of September.

- Faster Pussycat - Bathroom Wall (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Sweet - Little Willy (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - T.Rex - Metal Guru (Band Tier: Solid)

And also, it's time for me to start the next Mystery Track Pack game.

=Rules=
    01. You only have one Guess per day (One guess means, if you guessed on one day, you must wait until the next day)
    02. Once we're down to the last Mystery Track Pack Artist, then you may do another guess.
    03. Slashes represent a Space
    04. The Word "The" and "'s" and the Symbol "&" will be shown. Numbers, on the other hand, will not. They must be spelled out like most words.
    05. Once a day, I will reveal a random letter. Today's random letter is G.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ /_ _ _ /_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    The / _ _ G _ _ _ _ _ _ / G _ _ _
    _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _

=Hints=
    01. Imagine if there was a fictional band named Omegaville, who has a hit called "Small in China". What would be the opposite of both the Band's name and the Song's Title?
    02. This band takes their last part of their name after a famous composer, and has done a cover of a song by a 1960's British Band.
    03. Higher than a Single, Lesser than a Triple.
    04. This 1980s Canadian Band was originally a band of Brothers. It still performs today, but only with one of the original members.
    05. One of the bands of the 1980s NWOBHM movement. It takes it's name after a Germanic Tribe.
    06. "Calling Dr.Sweet, Dr.Sweet, Dr.Fox" The last names listed are currently the members of this 1980s Christian Metal Band.
    07. Better known for being the first Hip-Hop group to have a song on the Top 40 Charts. Their cover of The Shadows song was in Just Dance 3.
    08. The forefathers of J-Pop. They have 4 songs that were in animes, with 2 of them being from the same anime.

Have fun with this one, this is hard with only one Letter revealed. :)
    Is artist 7 The Sugarhill Gang? I was hesitant at first since you only revealed one G in the third word, but they fit the criteria.
  • @MCSMeister You are correct. :)

Mystery Band 7 is The Sugarhill Gang. Known for the song, Rapper's Delight, which became the first highest charting Hip-Hop song in the 1970s. Their cover of The Shadows' Apache, which was first covered by Jorgen Ingmann in 1960, and later by the Incredible Bongo Band, which the latter cover was used for the melody of The Sugarhill Gang's cover, appeared as one of the songs in Just Dance 3's Soundtrack.

The Sugarhill Gang's cover of Apache will be one of the 8 Songs in Mystery Track Pack 03.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    The Sugarhill Gang - Apache
    _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _

=Hints=
    01. Imagine if there was a fictional band named Omegaville, who has a hit called "Small in China". What would be the opposite of both the Band's name and the Song's Title?
    02. This band takes their last part of their name after a famous composer, and has done a cover of a song by a 1960's British Band.
    04. This 1980s Canadian Band was originally a band of Brothers. It still performs today, but only with one of the original members.
    05. One of the bands of the 1980s NWOBHM movement. It takes it's name after a Germanic Tribe.
    06. "Calling Dr.Sweet, Dr.Sweet, Dr.Fox" The last names listed are currently the members of this 1980s Christian Metal Band.
    08. The forefathers of J-Pop. They have 4 songs that were in animes, with 2 of them being from the same anime.

Besure to look forward to the Special Announcement that is coming tomorrow. It will be exciting. :)
  • @MCSMeister You are correct. :)

Mystery Band 7 is The Sugarhill Gang. Known for the song, Rapper's Delight, which became the first highest charting Hip-Hop song in the 1970s. Their cover of The Shadows' Apache, which was first covered by Jorgen Ingmann in 1960, and later by the Incredible Bongo Band, which the latter cover was used for the melody of The Sugarhill Gang's cover, appeared as one of the songs in Just Dance 3's Soundtrack.

The Sugarhill Gang's cover of Apache will be one of the 8 Songs in Mystery Track Pack 03.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    The Sugarhill Gang - Apache
    _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _

=Hints=

Besure to look forward to the Special Announcement that is coming tomorrow. It will be exciting. :)

Number six is Stryper. They're one of my favorite metal groups actually, and I'm quite excited as to what song you've picked.