PDP Wired Legacy Adapter (In Stock on Amazon, Go Now Non-U.S. Drummers!)

edited August 10 in Rock Band
Hi guys. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I've been communicating with PDP about the wired legacy adapter and this is the email I recently got from them. This is legit. :(

Alex (PDP)
Dec 19, 22:59 CET

Hello Samuel,
we apologize for the inconvenience. The Rock Band Legacy adapters will no longer be produced, as they were produced in limited quantity, per our agreement with Harmonix.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Information:

Mark (PDP)
Jan 15, 02:21 CET

Dear Samuel,

I'm really sorry to be the bearer of bad news however, there's no expected time frame on the production of the adapter. Also, we don't have a priority list for customers who are looking to purchase the adapter. Sadly at this time, the adapter is no longer available and would likely stay that way until further notice. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Mark
PDP Customer Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even Newer Information:

Landon (PDP)
Jan 26, 18:49 CET

Hello,

Unfortunately, our Legacy Adapters are not available at this time. We are out of this product and will be out until April.

Landon (PDP)
Jan 26, 18:55 CET

We will be able to ship them again in April.

Comments

• @HMXOwl @HMXCrisis @HMXJosh Any word on if this is true or is this just a problem with customer service as that happens?
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    This is most unfortunate. I feel very lucky to have had my random appearance, but I feel for those hoping and waiting.

Hopefully those that bought more than they need will give the gift of sharing without gouging the price.

We shall see what happens.
  • Is anyone who happened to get multiple willing to sell one? this has gotten ridiculous, I just want to drum :(
  • Talk about an attempt at shifting blame.

However, it is *possible* Harmonix put a cap on the amount of adapters manufactured, although I don't see why they would. Plans on producing them themselves? Doubtful. Drive up the market price? Uh, doesn't help if they're sold out.

Maybe it's some strange test marketing ploy to attract a larger manufacturer for Rock Band products? I'll take off my tin foil hat.

I think it's more likely Harmonix had a minimum, and PDP is trying to hide behind that now. Maybe the adapters weren't profitable enough.

Of course, we'll probably never know...
  • RiffRaff4711RiffRaff4711 Unsigned
    edited December 2016
    Wow, that sucks! I mean it was a pretty awkward solution in the first place, having an adapter that also required the old Mad Catz Xbox 360 MIDI Pro Adapter (which stopped being produced what... four years ago or so?). My original hope had been for a Xbox One version of the MPA, either wired or wireless. That seemed like a stretch for the number of people who might use it, but maybe not based on how quickly they ran out of their suddenly limited edition legacy wired adapter.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    Thank god I got mine rather than waiting it off 'til next year. Sucks to those that missed out on it..
  • If you think you've got it bad Hisc, move to Europe :smiley:
  • HiscHisc Unsigned
    If you think you've got it bad Bandm$te4lyfe, move to Aleppo... see what I did there? We all have our own issues, and even though you probably meant that comment half-jokingly, there really is no need to compare rotten apples to rotten apples.
  • I'm hoping that the reason there has been no response is because HMX was out partying last night and are waking up hungover...but it's more likely they can't respond for legal reasons...
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited December 2016
    TalonHawk said:

Talk about an attempt at shifting blame.

However, it is *possible* Harmonix put a cap on the amount of adapters manufactured, although I don't see why they would. Plans on producing them themselves? Doubtful. Drive up the market price? Uh, doesn't help if they're sold out.

Maybe it's some strange test marketing ploy to attract a larger manufacturer for Rock Band products? I'll take off my tin foil hat.

I think it's more likely Harmonix had a minimum, and PDP is trying to hide behind that now. Maybe the adapters weren't profitable enough.

Of course, we'll probably never know...

Could have been more of Hmx demanding they at least make X amount because PDP didn't want to make any since they are selling the new drums.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    I feel terrible for the Xbox folks who were unable to secure an adapter :(. God I hate proprietary console controller interfaces.
  • This just straight up sucks, I feel for you guys that never got one.
  • If you think you've got it bad Hisc, move to Europe :smiley:

Except he has an actual issue that could have been avoided through Harmonix.. unlike your Sony services.
  • j-tork800j-tork800 Opening Act
    Whoops. Guess I shouldn't have held out on getting one. Figured they'd be available for more than two months. :(
  • KelkeeKelkee Unsigned
    edited December 2016
    If they were only going to be made for a limited time then why didn't HMX communicate that so people that wanted them could order them? Per an agreement with HMX means they knew it.

This is ridiculous and HMX needs to butt in here and make some sort of clarification on exactly what is going on with these adapters. After everything that XBOX e-kit users have gone thru now we are told these things are one and done?

RIDICULOUS.

Why would a company go to great lengths to invest in R&D for a new device, set up manufacturing and tooling of a product and distribution for what equates to about 6 weeks worth of sales and then end production entirely?

That has to be stupidest business model I have ever seen.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

If you think you've got it bad Hisc, move to Europe :smiley:

Except he has an actual issue that could have been avoided through Harmonix.. unlike your Sony services.
    could it have been avoided thru HMX though? i mean, it sounds like this is PDP's decision. i'm sure it's not what HMX wanted, but they might have no more control over this than they did over MadCatz not putting out an adapter at all.
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited December 2016
    Maybe they just went off the numbers from the survey, threw in a [very] few extra and figured that's about all that would be needed. They had that and the pre-orders to base it off.
    Since there was such a delay from pre-order (they weren't made yet), they probably used that number as a heavy influence as to how many to make. After a year of the game being out, they may have figured everyone that wanted one had let it be known.
  • Man, it's hard not to be pissed off about how badly HMX/PDP have handled hardware recently. Made worse by how blatantly they ignore any discussion of the problem.

I still can't buy Rivals gear, and of course this Adapter was never offered outside of the US. The extremely limited nature of this run was never made clear to us. This is just a real dick move.
  • The decision not to produce a 2nd batch doesn't make any sense and is another sign of a huge HMX PDP break-up battle now going on behind the scenes.

This mess, plus the many BiaB issues makes me think that lawyers have told HMX to shut up about this for now.
  • I have defended HMX since the launch of RB4...but....this....is... ridiculous! .
  • This is the suck. I waited a year to buy Xbone and RB4 until something definite was announced for an adapter to make my Edrums work. I bought just one right away at preorder so I could get one ASAP and then figured I'd pick up a few more for back up and in case the SK got some support after I saw the first one working properly.
  • They still appear to be dodging any PDP discussions unfortunately.
  • Daggit. I was waiting for Stage Kit confirmation before picking it up... :(
  • tnevaker said:

don't forget guys, PDP is a "truly world-class manufacturer."

sounds more like a Pretty Disappointing Partner to me.

btw, am i the only one here who remembers some guy named GNF something-or-other who had some pretty negative things to say about PDP when the move was first announced? wonder what ever happened to that guy...

He got delisted and was never heard from on that account again ;)
  • tnevaker said:

btw, am i the only one here who remembers some guy named GNF something-or-other who had some pretty negative things to say about PDP when the move was first announced? wonder what ever happened to that guy...

I am still waiting for delisted...
  • tnevaker said:

I am still waiting for Godot...
    Keep on waiting bud
  • BathTubNZBathTubNZ Unsigned
    edited December 2016
    At least some acknowledgement by Josh on twitch

@Harmonix We're still looking into things, more details when we have them.

@Harmonix I just said we're looking into it, there's no clarification to give right now