My Custom ION Drum Rocker Setup for Rock Band 4

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

How did you split your Blue & Green cymbals?

I use something like this, but I'm pretty sure mine has gold contacts. I can't find a link for where I bought it. It was quite cheap and definitely not road-worthy, but I don't ever break down my drums it only has to connect and stay connected once.

Here it is. Yeah, it's gonna break pretty easy, but what do you expect for 47 cents with gold plated connectors?

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7218
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act

How did you split your Blue & Green cymbals?

I use something like this, but I'm pretty sure mine has gold contacts. I can't find a link for where I bought it. It was quite cheap and definitely not road-worthy, but I don't ever break down my drums it only has to connect and stay connected once.

That's exactly how. Sorry, didn't see the post until now.

It can get pretty congested in there and i had to do some moving around of wires and the brain to get it to fit without having large bends on the connectors or have them pushed up on my pads.
  • Here are my details. Let's play.

Brain, Cables & Rack: Ion Drum Rocker for Xbox 360 (Only Original Parts)
    Cymbals: 2 x Pintech TC-14 (Ride & Crash) & 1 x Pintect TC-10 (HiHat)
    Pads: 3 x Roland PD-8a (Tom Toms) & 1 x Roland Pd-85 (Snare)
    Pedal: Rock Pedal and Gibraltar Bass Drum Pad
    System: X-Box One
    GamerTag: BigRonnie

Big Ronnie got a new drum stool!

Gibraltar 9608MW2T Oversized Moto Seat Web Top Drum Throne
    Gibraltar GUBR Universal Drum Throne Back Rest Attachment
    Gibraltar SC-GTFA Throne Footrest Attachment

Waaaaaay better than the cheapo I'd been sitting on since '07.

• uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    I have the same without the backrest.
    One thing I learned with these is to make sure you're as far back on the chair as possible.
    Your backrest should help keep on this, but if you sit too forward on these ones, you'll develop pain and less projection.
  • HaibaneHaibane Opening Act
    How are you playing Ions on an Xbox One?

Are you using the PDP adapter? Doesn't seem like they're making any more? U___U
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Haibane said:

How are you playing Ions on an Xbox One?

Are you using the PDP adapter? Doesn't seem like they're making any more? U___U

Word is they're starting back up production for April, but only a few people have received this word (although it includes a couple of forum regulars here).
  • Any eletronic part with same entrance plugin works with Ion brain?

Any eletronic part with same entrance plugin works with Ion brain?

No. Only certain ones work.

I know that Pintech PC and TC cymbals work, and Pintech ConcertCast mesh drum pads work.

Some other stuff works too, but I don't have the list. Many things don't work.
  • DrvOvrItDrvOvrIt Unsigned

Any eletronic part with same entrance plugin works with Ion brain?

Simmons gear seems to work fine with the ion brain.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited February 9
    No pics but here's what I got
    Roland frame
    all Roland mesh heads
    2-Simmons 12" crashes, Simmons hi-hat & ride, one of my crashes is on a separate cymbal stand. One crash on the left & one on the right.
    Pearl double bass pedal
    Yamaha KP65 with the kickwire
    Vic firth 7A's

Love my kit
  • Kat kt3 module and frame with Acoustic to Electronic conversion shells
  • edited February 13

are those pintech cymbals?

No. They are the original ones that come with the KAT kt3. They are all dual zone as well.
  • legacysti97legacysti97 Unsigned
    edited February 20
    Hello fellow drummers . I am going to be replacing 3 Tom pads and just wanted to see if anyone has any opinions about what I should get... I'm currently using a Roland pd-125 for a snare. 2 Roland pd8 ( black rubber) as yellow and blue Toms and a Roland pdx-6 ( small mesh head ) as green floor tom... the pdx6 is great but too small. But anyway. Any suggestions on what pads I should get? I'm looking at pdx-100's for y,b,g Toms. .
  • edited February 22

Hello fellow drummers . I am going to be replacing 3 Tom pads and just wanted to see if anyone has any opinions about what I should get... I'm currently using a Roland pd-125 for a snare. 2 Roland pd8 ( black rubber) as yellow and blue Toms and a Roland pdx-6 ( small mesh head ) as green floor tom... the pdx6 is great but too small. But anyway. Any suggestions on what pads I should get? I'm looking at pdx-100's for y,b,g Toms. .

You can do an Acoustic to Electronic conversion for a fraction of the cost.. just a suggestion
  • I ended up buying 3 roland pdx-100 pads
  • I upgraded my kit hard today. Went from:
    Cymbals: 2 x Pintech TC-14 (Ride & Crash) & 1 x Pintech TC-10 (HiHat) To:
    Cymbals: 2 x Pintech PC-18 (Ride & Crash) & 1 x Pintech VL-10 (HiHat)

The PC cymbals are large and rigid, not like the TC models at all. Need to get used to them, had to space them further apart than the TC-14s. The Visulite HiHat is fantastic.

Updated:
    Drum Brain, Cables & Rack: Ion Drum Rocker for Xbox 360
    Pads: 3 x Roland PD-8a (Tom Toms) & 1 x Roland Pd-85 (Snare)
    Cymbals: 2 x Pintech PC-18 (Ride & Crash) & 1 x Pintech VL-10 (HiHat)
    Pedal: Rock Pedal and Gibraltar GBDP Bass Drum Pad
    Throne: Gibraltar 9608MW2T Oversized Moto Seat Web Top Drum Throne w/Gibraltar GUBR Universal Drum Throne Back Rest Attachment & Gibraltar SC-GTFA Throne Footrest Attachment

X-Box One GamerTag: Big Ronnie
    Crew Name: BK-NYC (Slots Open, Casual, Fun)
    DLC: 1,400+
    Instrument: Pro Drums (Expert & Hard)
    Songs & Exports: RB 1, 2, 3, 4, Rivals, Green Day, Lego, Blitz, AC/DC, Track Pack 2, Metal Track Pack, Classic Rock Track Pack, DLC.

Let's play!
    I replaced my PC-14s with TC-14s because I didn't like the super loud "KLONK!" sound of hitting the PCs, and I play with the sound system cranked up LOUD, too.
  • They are def a different sound than the TCs. I like the movement from the rigid PC platters. Acts much more like a real cymbal than the TC's do. I'm happy with them.

Here's a pic:
  • Durability was my main problem with the PC cymbals. Believe I destroyed three or four of them before upgrading to Visulites (and later, Rolands).