What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
edited January 5 in Less Rokk More Talk
At the beginning of the new year, new starts await us. People come, people go, and all that was old become new again.

So I think I'll get things going and ask you what you're doing...RIGHT NOW.

Comments

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I'll take my rightful place near the top!
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 3
    Needs more explosions
    4/10 worst WAYDRN 2017
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    OBJECTION!

(Achooo!)
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

WHAT.png 183.7K
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    Cameo appearance for me in number 17. I'm a background character. Someone will meme me one day.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    About damn time. The old WAYDRN was starting to reek.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I went to Target and bought a low-smoke fake log (the deluxe one, with crackling effects), and also 3 big containers of Tide.

While I was out, my wife bought some Febreeze to cover up the fireplace aroma. It was Tide scented.

I actually like the aroma of the fireplace, but I have it stuck in my head that it will make everything downstairs reek of smoke forever and damage anything with a hard drive (like my PS4, and my desktop). Or do I just worry too much?

Well, yeah, of course I worry, because I'm a bit scattered-brained, and if I'm not trying my best to be conscientious at all times, things will surely go terribly wrong. Like, having the HD on my PS4 crash would suck BAD. That might take a full weekend to recover from, and some stuff I might not get back ever. I guess I should move my gaming setup "somewhere else". And what few valuables I have down there. A NIB Furby? Thousands of baseball cards?
  • @LoopyChew you always wanted to start a new one, don't you?
    Everyone has dreams, and Loops just realized his.
  • Kinda weird not having Doc start one of these, but I'll take it.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited January 3
    Ah, that new WAYDRN smell!

Mainly just enjoying time off school for another week or so, it's raining here so kinda gloomy out.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    This WAYDRN is mine.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    well, at least it doesn't smell like Lawdog's pee corner anymore
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    RIP Lawdog.
    Who?
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    poor dog
  • Who?

Rush?
  • October 4th will go down in infamy as the day Lawdog joined the other Jedis to guide us in the quest to become one with The Force. I can see his spectre next to Obi Wan, Mace Windu, Yoda and Anakin as I type.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    I didn't pee in here... but you'll want to avoid walking barefoot.
  • This new WAYDRN title makes me want to replay all of my Phoenix Wright games
    That sounds awesome @LordFlatus
    I think you should record some quick video of your playing skills right now so you can have a before / after comparison.

Are you really a total beginner on the guitar? Surely you must have been playing at least a little bit on your own to be able to play all of those songs on your first day, right? Or was the tempo slowed way down / the charts simplified greatly?
    I've always wanted to play Phoenix Wright.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

That sounds awesome @LordFlatus
    I think you should record some quick video of your playing skills right now so you can have a before / after comparison.

Are you really a total beginner on the guitar? Surely you must have been playing at least a little bit on your own to be able to play all of those songs on your first day, right? Or was the tempo slowed way down / the charts simplified greatly?

I've been playing GH/RB guitar/bass with a pick since about two weeks into the GH2 release in preparation for this moment, plus I played a lot of RB3 pro guitar with the Squier, RS1, RS2014, and Bandfuse. I learned that playing RB3 pro guitar plus Rocksmith plus Bandfuse together is a great to stay permanently confused and not learn anything. I've stepped up how much I play Rocksmith a lot in the last two years, so I feel pretty comfortable on the IRL guitar. But I can't play for **** without RS feeding me notes like RB, so that is my goal here: to be able to play songs on guitar without the prompts.
  • That sounds awesome @LordFlatus

I've been playing GH/RB guitar/bass with a pick since about two weeks into the GH2 release in preparation for this moment, plus I played a lot of RB3 pro guitar with the Squier, RS1, RS2014, and Bandfuse. I learned that playing RB3 pro guitar plus Rocksmith plus Bandfuse together is a great to stay permanently confused and not learn anything. I've stepped up how much I play Rocksmith a lot in the last two years, so I feel pretty comfortable on the IRL guitar. But I can't play for **** without RS feeding me notes like RB, so that is my goal here: to be able to play songs on guitar without the prompts.
    How did you first learn to play?
  • All my posts have been questions, I have to do a strong statement before getting lost in the second page

Dark Souls 1 is harder than Dark Souls 2.
    That's such a great first song, yes it was one of mine too. It was only when I "played" the song in Rock Band many decades later that I realized that the guitar part eventually gets far more complicated (including a wicked solo).