What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

Comments

• calloycalloy Unsigned
    RIP Glen....

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Has anyone played Fortnite? It's also free to start and also involves fighting zombies and crafting. Huh.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    So the F-35s are pulling high-G turns as they circle the base and the outlying towns, and they're loud, so when I look up my first thought is "huh, calibration is off" because the sound is trailing the visual.

Too much Rock Band, I guess...
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    When @LordFlatus sees the Blue Angels he thinks the Airforce is playing on medium.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    I saw ants vs maggots at the gas station this morning.

there were a LOT of maggots around this trash can - like, a disturbingly high number - but ants always have the higher number.

The ants were viciously swarming on the much larger, yet mostly defenseless cadre of maggots and I assume it was a truly barbaric and vicious battle from either creature's perspective, but I tell you ... it was ON.

I must have looked like a fool standing there at an empty gas station at 5:30 in the morning - just staring at this massive battle

it reminded me of that movie ANTS where the colony attacked termites (I think) and the perspective of the battle scene was horrifying - ants dismembered and melted ...

bottom line is that I stood there, muttering to my adopted ant gladiators "aww f**k yeah, kill those maggots" the entire time it took me to fill up my tank.
    My wife is always nice to bugs, she's convinced we are on the verge on an Insect Revolution and is hoping to be named their queen. Exceptions from her kindness: wasps, centipedes, uninvited roaches [the ones raised in museums are OK].

One of my FB friends lost their s**t when they discovered fire ants could work together to create a raft to survive floods. I for one will welcome these eventual insect overlords. I'm sure they will do at least a good a job with the planet as we have.

I generally don't mess with bugs. Until they mess with me.

I don't like a lot of bugs and insects, but I assume the feeling is mutual so I let them go on about their business ... I let a lot of spiders live because they are doing what needs to be done.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    If a bug gets in my way, may the gods below have space for it. If I can avoid touching them, I will, but if it is hampering any activity I may be partaking in, I shall send down my wrath to liberate it from existence.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited August 9
    I'm calling an exterminator today, so bugs should take note and just leave, voluntarily...but they never do.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    calloy said:

I'm calling an exterminator today, so people should take note and just leave, voluntarily...but they never do.

ftfy.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I'm only nice to spiders because we share a common enemy.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    Celebrating! =)

It would be nice if HMX looked into adding some analytics for Rivals, but it would likely require an overhaul of the website and likely not a high priority atm.
  • My toilet won't flush dude??? Do I call a electrician???
    Plug-in toilets are a terrible idea
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited August 9
    Bugs. Fine with bugs. Flying stinging/biting insects, different story. Bees get a free ticket.

oh yeah,
    Fire ants suck
  • Has anyone played Fortnite? It's also free to start and also involves fighting zombies and crafting. Huh.

It doesn't go F2P till sometime in 2018 though. They force you to have the founder's pack to play it right now.
    but it does look fun, i'll try it once it's free completely.

Ah, OK, I thought I had downloaded it for free, but I haven't actually tried to play it. It sounds like that wouldn't have worked.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    I was part of the fortnite beta, but the game never started for me, and I kinda lost interest quickly after

Back home from New York, that was fun! Except for the parts where I got hustled out of $15 by some guys claiming to be rappers looking for some exposure ....

I told you to watch out for those guys!
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert

I saw ants vs maggots at the gas station this morning.

there were a LOT of maggots around this trash can - like, a disturbingly high number - but ants always have the higher number.

The ants were viciously swarming on the much larger, yet mostly defenseless cadre of maggots and I assume it was a truly barbaric and vicious battle from either creature's perspective, but I tell you ... it was ON.

I must have looked like a fool standing there at an empty gas station at 5:30 in the morning - just staring at this massive battle

it reminded me of that movie ANTS where the colony attacked termites (I think) and the perspective of the battle scene was horrifying - ants dismembered and melted ...

bottom line is that I stood there, muttering to my adopted ant gladiators "aww f**k yeah, kill those maggots" the entire time it took me to fill up my tank.

Maggots are babies.

You watched a bunch of grown ants kick the **** out of a bunch of babies.

For shame.
    There was a dude on the subway last month selling his CDs for cheap, I regretted not buying one. It's the neighborly thing to do. It wasn't my neighborhood, but still!

Speaking of neighborly, I posted on the Rock Band RIvals Network FB page today that I had RB2 era drums to give away, and somebody not too far away wanted them! I passed them off to the dude right after work. House: slightly de-cluttered. Rock Band Karma: slightly increased.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

There was a dude on the subway last month selling his CDs for cheap, I regretted not buying one. It's the neighborly thing to do. It wasn't my neighborhood, but still!

Speaking of neighborly, I posted on the Rock Band RIvals Network FB page today that I had RB2 era drums to give away, and somebody not too far away wanted them! I passed them off to the dude right after work. House: slightly de-cluttered. Rock Band Karma: slightly increased.

you're lucky you didn't wind up in a pit, rubbing lotion on yourself or getting the hose
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Meat subscribes to Pit Enthusiasts Monthly.

This months issue has an article on the best lotions and how to keep people quit when the cops show up.
    You don't kidnap someone giving you free Rock Band drums!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

You don't kidnap someone giving you free Rock Band drums!

I only kidnap people who are buying Rock Band drums. I advertise them for cheap, so it's their own fault for thinking they were gonna get-over like that.
    Turns out the dude is an expert drummer, he posted a new high score on FB while giving me a shout out. Those RB2 drums were solid. No calibration issues! No disconnect issues! No dead batteries - it's wired! Wired instruments are the best.

This is why I have so much stuff. The mind of a hoarder. I give away my "worst" of 5 drum sets and immediately I am missing them.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    RB2 drums were all wireless. Only RB1 drums were ever wired.
    You're right! They were SUPER old drums. And surely "inferior". And yet ...