• bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    Happy B-day one day late MMB.
  • hello friends

who's having tacos today?

Me, this friday. Guess why?
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    "Fiesta Friday"?
    you guys, it's only 800 dollars for a new iPhone 8.
  • you guys, it's only 800 dollars for a new iPhone 8.

Huge waste of money. Especially with how **** their customer service is...
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    happy b-day to the bagged magic murderer
  • Wildcat15 said:

hello friends

Taco viernes?
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

you guys, it's only 800 dollars for a new iPhone 8.

I like how it has glass on BOTH sides, for more cracking/chipping options
  • "Fiesta Friday"?

Witticus said:

Wildcat15 said:

hello friends

Taco viernes?
    National day here.

Eh, close enough.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    I had taco's last night...close enough. Yum!
    Happy belated Birthday MMB. It seems like we've been wishing you a Happy Birthday for several years now. I don't mean to imply that you might be getting old or anything, but dang, we've been on this forum a long time. :wink:
  • I had tacos last night too. Weird
    I had pizza last night, which wasn't my first plan and also seems a little odd considering I opened the whole Taco discussion
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    You're a taco instigator.
    edited September 13
    How do you like your tacos made...there are different ways. There are taco's where the meat is fried first, then folded in the shell and fried together. or there is the meat that is uncooked placed in the folded shell and deep fried. or there are taco's that the meat is cooked first, then the shells are cooked separately, and then you put it together. Or...there are taco shells you buy pre-done, and just fry up the meat and stick it in the shell. Then there are soft tacos where you use soft flour tortillas...so when you talk about tacos, you know....There are taco variables.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    edited September 13
    Soft tacos using corn flour tortillas FTW!

One variety I particularly enjoy are "carnitas" (pork) tacos with pickled onions.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Low carb diet. Forced to resort to either use a romaine leaf as a makeshift taco shell, or just layer taco meat and fixins over a bed of romaine.

Still, as low-carb food adaptations go, it's above average.
  • bclewis said:

Soft tacos using corn flour tortillas FTW

Not just a taco, it's THE taco.
    edited September 14
    rkbdgurl said:

How do you like your tacos made...there are different ways. There are taco's where the meat is fried first, then folded in the shell and fried together. or there is the meat that is uncooked placed in the folded shell and deep fried. or there are taco's that the meat is cooked first, then the shells are cooked separately, and then you put it together. Or...there are taco shells you buy pre-done, and just fry up the meat and stick it in the shell. Then there are soft tacos where you use soft flour tortillas...so when you talk about tacos, you know....There are taco variables.

it sounds to me like you've had a lot of fast food style tacos. That's way too much "fried" for any conversation involving tacos.
    bclewis said:

Soft tacos using corn flour tortillas FTW!

One variety I particularly enjoy are "carnitas" (pork) tacos with pickled onions.

Dude, YES. Always soft taco, flour tortillas.

I will say that the last time I had taco bell (18 years ago?) they had this "Double Decker" taco (thanks, Shaq) that had a hard shell wrapped in a soft taco with a thin layer of 'beans' in between. That tasted good.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    There's a taqueria near where I work; I sometimes go on tuesdays for their "free horchata with 4 tacos" deal. My go-to four is the carnitas. plus "de cachete" (beef cheeks), "tinga de pollo" (chicken & cheese), and "al pastor" (pork & pineapple).
    edited September 14
    I make tacos at home, and am not a fan of taco bell, or any other manufactured taco food type. You've got to have a little fried food in your diet once in a while...and add in the lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, hot sauce, cheese, and sour cream, and you've just upgraded to a fairly healthy meal. :p

Exception to my taco bell remark...@DROWGAMER77 You are so right!!! The Double Decker was a really good taco as fast food goes.
  • The more I see about American politics and that Kid Rock is running I think makes me lose hope in our country. Do we really need another rich celebrity who just wants to make it easier from him and his rich friends ?
  • Idiots run for senate all the time. Nothing new.
  • Taco are my go to food when I am cooking, though I guess most the time it is actually burritos, since we normally have large tortillas, that need to be folded. Also I don't think my taco meat is traditional, since I doubt many people in Mexico season it with Mongolian Fire Oil.

As far as Taco Bell is concerned, it is not real Mexican food, but I still think it is better than any other fast food in that price range.
    Ok...now I'm getting hungry. Think I'll go make myself a cheese crisp or something.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    I've had a few chances to try out a HTC Vive this week, and it's been amazing! I'd never really tried VR before and it is so much cooler than I thought it was.
  • I've had a few chances to try out a HTC Vive this week, and it's been amazing! I'd never really tried VR before and it is so much cooler than I thought it was.

Yeah, I have an Oculus at home and I love it.
  • Hey everyone I'm here. Did I miss anything?

You people are alright.

Welcome back!
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Loopy handed out hundred dollar bills to everyone that posted for a week straight!