What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    It's one of those things.

Parents spend so much time telling their kids there's no such thing as monsters yet all we have to do is turn on the TV to see them.

At least werewolves are killed with silver bullets and vampires by the sun. Real world monsters never go away and seem to only get worse as time goes by.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 3

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive

Parents spend so much time telling their kids there's no such thing as monsters yet all we have to do is turn on the TV to see them.

At least werewolves are killed with silver bullets and vampires by the sun. Real world monsters never go away and seem to only get worse as time goes by.

there's no such thing as real world monsters. they're all humans as well.
    If you ignore what's wrong with the humans because you're too busy looking for monsters, **** happens.
  • jibjqrkl said:

there's no such thing as real world monsters. they're all humans as well.
    If you ignore what's wrong with the humans because you're too busy looking for monsters, **** happens.
    I dunno... I consider seagulls a real world monster
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Man was the monster all along.
    I mean, injuries and infection and cancer are all horrible, but there's no actual "monster" involved there.
    Possible exception: ever see a cat injure a mouse and then torture it?
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    @Lawdog1521 should get his Internet thrown to him like paper towels by a president.
    Maybe I need to see the video to understand why it wasn't a harmless act. I mean, the whole rest of the trip was typical in its complete lack of empathy, but that one particular move? Didn't register at all on my "that's a really inappropriate move" scale.
    The fact he was painted green, surrounded by little people, and yelling, "Ho Ho Ho!" was what was offensive.

Wait, that the vegetable guy, not the Brawny guy.

Whatever. I'm too lazy to change the joke.
    If he was throwing cans of vegetables into the crowd, that could go so very wrong!
    So, Alice in Chains next week, cool right?
  • Witticus said:

So, Alice in Chains next week, cool right?

Yup. I'll be buying whichever one isn't part of the Spotlight pass.
    What I find weird is the past 3 artist packs we’ve gotten are 03. Aerosmith, Lady Gaga, now Alice in Chains. However the new artists we’ve gotten singles as this year have been deserving of packs. Oh well, despite the quantity not being there, there’s been a lot of great material.
    edited October 4
    It is really a "3 pack" if 1 song is a rewind?
    Of course many artists are deserving of a big pack but, uh, licensing is hard. Also the marketing algorithms seem to be telling Harmonix that 1 new song a week is optimal right now, so bigger packs [even ones by awesome, "deserving" artists] just wouldn't sell well enough to be worth the expense. At least that's what their calculations tell them. Apparently there are a significant number of active Rock Band players that wouldn't be able to afford a 6-pack, or that would stop buying DLC for a month or two afterwards if they splurged on it.

The "But it's what I want!" argument doesn't hold much sway with the bean counters.
    HMX and their bean obsession!
    I slowly turning into Gene from Bob's Burgers. I need a farting keyboard.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    They got too many pencil-pushers at HMX.
    Agreed! Leave those pencils in a box, that's what it's for!

Or possibly a zip lock plastic bag.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    Halloween Avatars?
    I retract my "nothing ever changes" conclusion from yesterday. Being defeatist can be a self-fulfilling prophecy and I don't want to be a part of that.
    It just dawned on me that I can join AARP next month. Damn. What should I do for this momentous occasion? I feel like this could be the last fun one ever, I should do something.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
    Watch lights fade from every room.
    Bedsitter people look back and lament,
    Another day's useless energy spent.
    Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
    Lonely man cries for love and has none.
    New mother picks up and suckles her son,
    Senior citizens wish they were young.
    Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
    Removes the colours from our sight.
    Red is grey and yellow white,
    But we decide which is right.
    And which is an illusion???
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

It just dawned on me that I can join AARP next month. Damn. What should I do for this momentous occasion? I feel like this could be the last fun one ever, I should do something.

FOOD AND HOTELS

Mrs. Popsicle likes to travel, and you like to eat.

BOOM
    Enter a arm wrestling tournament, like Stallone in Over the Top.
    I'm signing you up for a karate tournament, @Meat-Popsicle

You're the best, around, nothing's gonna ever keep you down!

http://www.karatetournaments.com/event_pages/edragon.htm
    Also, if you beat these guys, you may be racist. I'm not sure on this.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Breathe deep, the gathering fumes
    For this man farts in every room

I use to have that whole opening soliloquy down with alternate lyrics back in high school.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

The year I turned 50 I completed a full marathon and also hiked to the highest point in the contiguous United States. Not back-to-back, mind you. Marathon in June, Mt. Whitney in August.

Consider the bar set.

When you turn 55 the only viable option is to go to Denny's and order off the back page of the menu. Half the food for a dollar less!
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    6 hours of Dave Pumpkins

Good morning, WAYDRN.

Someone make me moons over my hammy.
    And ever since we had the spider bite conversation, I’ve gotten 2 spider bites...