What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    It's an infection totally non-spider related [usually].
    Though I'm willing to believe that SC is a special case where the critters are 50x more aggressive than they are in the north (but still 93% less dangerous than the stuff in Australia).
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited October 5
    That's why I'm not typing this in a hospital. Regular spider bites around here are typically mild, they enflame the skin, but oddly don't hurt too awfully bad. The area around the skin is noticeably pinker at about an inch diameter. They don't really itch like ant bites, because spider bites are meant to numb, not inflict pain. One was on the back of my leg and I had to be told it was there. They're also not from mosquito bites because the skin is also damaged slightly. Mosquito bites tend to inflame but don't normally result in your skin being damaged.

Make no mistakes we do have plenty of black widows and such, but these normal bastards just hate me for some reason.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    Witticus said:

.... but these normal bastards just hate me for some reason.

or maybe they love you and have no other way of showing ?

:kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    I've never been bitten by a spider before. I'd probably immediately assume it was poisonous and start making a bucket list.
  • 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK - British rockers Radiohead, singer Nina Simone and The Moody Blues are among first-time nominees on the ballot for induction next year into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The hall on Thursday announced 19 nominees for induction in Cleveland next spring. Generally, each class has five to seven members. Nine of the acts are on the ballot for the first time, with Rage Against the Machine joining Radiohead in earning the opportunity in their first year of eligibility.

Other first-time nominees are Judas Priest, Kate Bush, Dire Straits, Eurythmics and Sister Rosetta Tharpe.

Nominees also include the J. Geils Band, Bon Jovi, Depeche Mode, The Cars, LL Cool J, The Meters, MC5, Link Wray, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan and The Zombies.

Hmm ... some tough choices.
    In terms of inspirational, I'd go Depeche Mode, Judas Priests, MC5, The Cars, and Bon Jovi.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    As long as LL Cool J does 'Mama Said Knock You Out' with drums and guitar, I'm ok with that.

that track is the CUT, y'all.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Dire Straights would be the given but there's several worthy on there.

If he was throwing cans of vegetables into the crowd, that could go so very wrong!

Hmmm.
    Trump passed out yellow bags of rice and then started tossing rolls of towels into the crowd as if he were shooting free throws. The crowd laughed and cheered him on. When he contemplated doing the same with the cans of chicken, the crowd gently told him no.
    Sorry, J. Geils Band, I don't think this is your year. That lineup of nominees is stacked!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK - British rockers Radiohead, singer Nina Simone and The Moody Blues are among first-time nominees on the ballot for induction next year into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The hall on Thursday announced 19 nominees for induction in Cleveland next spring. Generally, each class has five to seven members. Nine of the acts are on the ballot for the first time, with Rage Against the Machine joining Radiohead in earning the opportunity in their first year of eligibility.

Other first-time nominees are Judas Priest, Kate Bush, Dire Straits, Eurythmics and Sister Rosetta Tharpe.

Nominees also include the J. Geils Band, Bon Jovi, Depeche Mode, The Cars, LL Cool J, The Meters, MC5, Link Wray, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan and The Zombies.

Hmm ... some tough choices.
    I never would have guessed that The Zombies and The Cars aren't already in.
    Ric Ocasik can walk on water.

When I saw that video as a kid, I knew rock stars were the baddest mother ****ers ever. (True story)
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    Rex Tillerson ain't so smart, either. he should have known better than to work for a moron.
    I’ve worked for plenty of morons, that’s like the first qualification for middle management.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    I rest my case...
    The phrase of the day is "pyroclastic flow"

Don't scream about,

Don't think aloud,

Turn your head now, baby, just spit me out.
    That was a song quote.
  • Oh right, Halloween profile pics time. Thanks, dog037.

I thought about uploading a blank square that says: "Insert the cover of Symphonies of Sickness by Carcass here".

Spooky stuff.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 7
    I was considering doing a Halloween avatar, but really, what's more fitting than an Eldritch abomination that has to disguise itself as a more popular creature in order to literally not kill mortal beings?
    Whoop!

There it is.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    I was wondering where it was.
    It's been there the whole time.

Kind of embarrassing really.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Don't scream about,

Don't think aloud,

Turn your head now, baby, just spit me out.

I want December in RB so bad. It's my default riff when I pick up a guitar.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Just finished listening to the Dirty John podcast. Maybe I should stop dismissing Lifetime movies as being too over-the-top.
    I spent my weekend redesigning my resume and website building. A lifetime movie sounds like amazing motivation for me to resume working.
    So if anyone hasn’t heard yet, @Lawdog had to evacuate last night due to wildfires. He’s Ok as is his family, send some words of encouragement out to him, let him know his Rock Band family cares.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Ah damn, hope things get better for @Lawdog1521 ! Glad to hear he's safe at least!
  • Whoa that is pretty crazy! Good to hear that he is safe
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Stay safe, LD!