What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Thanks everybody. Tonight is the real danger of staying at a motel 6.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Witticus said:

So if anyone hasn’t heard yet, @Lawdog had to evacuate last night due to wildfires. He’s Ok as is his family, send some words of encouragement out to him, let him know his Rock Band family cares.

My sister is in Windsor and is on the very edge of the evacuation zone. :(
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

maybe you'll get to witness some late night ICE raids. I hope you don't lose your belongings to the disaster, I know that sucks from personal experience.
  • Sorry to hear that @Lawdog1521 :(
    Sending good vibes your way and saran wrap for protection from them motel 6 beds. LOL
    9:30... so far there's been 3 accidental knocks on my door
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

9:30... so far there's been 3 accidental knocks on my door

You is did da meth room or da crack room?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 10

Motel 6 = WiFi!
    But those pictures from California looks utterly devastating, if it was me there I imagine I wouldn't be in any mood for online gaming even if it was my first opportunity in months. Glad the family is safe, fingers crossed for your Stuff
    edited October 10
    Looks like meat brought up the important questions.

I just saw the images, if @Lawdog1521 s house survived, his internet company sure as hell ain’t overbooked now.
    **** up... but true. I'm on it as soon as I'm back in and if I have a house. A fire map I found has it going around our property and a realeastate person I know said they couldn't be sure but a video they saw looked like the road in front of my place stopped it, so things are sounding better.

Won't know for sure till the lift the evac and i can get back in there.
    If true, I'm buying that Road a bottle of champagne.
    Appropriate. People get drunk and crash on it all the time. :smile:

Appropriate. People get drunk and crash on it all the time. :smile:

We need to buy that road an intervention.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    I really hope @Lawdog1521 has heard some good news about his home. Warm wishes and prayers to you, family and all affected by this fire.
    Is the desktop version of the site acting crazy for anyone else?
  • Witticus said:

Is the desktop version of the site acting crazy for anyone else?

Nope
    Weird on desktop I keep getting a white site with everything detached
    Right now I'm kind of laughing so that I don't cry about the disgusting performance our men's national team is putting on against the doormat of the hex, T&T.

I thought Dolt45 was going to make america great again?
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

Right now I'm kind of laughing so that I don't cry about the disgusting performance our men's national team is putting on against the doormat of the hex, T&T.

I thought Dolt45 was going to make america great again?

he's busy trying to prove he's not a moron right now.
    My house would be right below the "L" in Loma Rica Rd, so if this map is right the fire went right around us. I'll be able to get back in, in the morning, so I won't know for sure till then. I'll keep everyone updated.

Anyway, imagine looking North East at night and seeing nothing but a wall of 30 foot flames.

I'd have taken a picture but I didn't want to be that guy.

I'll take photos when I get back up.
    Well, I finally finished making my damn website. Witticus.com

Creative work is frustrating because everything you do has to be graphic designed and different...
  • Witticus said:

Well, I finally finished making my damn website. Witticus.com

Creative work is frustrating because everything you do has to be graphic designed and different...

Looks good Witt!

and still sending good vibes to you and surrounding areas @Lawdog1521 ! <3
    The complete failure of the USMNT takes some of the attention away from the complete failure of Stephen Strasburg (unwilling to pitch in an elimination game today because he's "under the weather", even though he's still taking part in all team activities) and the Washington Nationals (unable to realize in advance that they were going to need to provide some major PR cover for their pitcher).
    Good news is it looks like my place made it. The evac line ends right before my house so I was able to see it but not go to it, thanks to Deputy Hard Ass. Thanks Deputy Hard Ass.

So now if they don't lift it before check out time I'll have to get another night at the motel 6. (I can't just hang out at the evac point because my mom has an oxygen machine that needs to be plugged in)
    edited October 11
    I hope you at least have power for your mom. Otherwise you’ll literally be living in 1862.
    So are you safe now? The winds are supposed to pick up tonight.

My sister is on the edge of the evac line, too. They voluntarily jammed out of there last night when the backfires were being set less than two miles away.
  • The complete failure of the USMNT takes some of the attention away from the complete failure of Stephen Strasburg (unwilling to pitch in an elimination game today because he's "under the weather", even though he's still taking part in all team activities) and the Washington Nationals (unable to realize in advance that they were going to need to provide some major PR cover for their pitcher).

Strasburg is going to start today.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

CHICAGO - Washington Nationals ace Stephen Strasburg will start Game 4 of the NL Division Series against the Chicago Cubs after all.

The Nationals announced several hours before Wednesday's scheduled first pitch that they were going with Strasburg, hoping he can send the series back to Washington for a Game 5 on Thursday.

Manager Dusty Baker made a surprising announcement after Tuesday's rain postponement that he was sticking with Tanner Roark rather than going with Strasburg on regular rest. He mentioned an illness going around his team, which he attributed to the weather, air conditioning at their hotel and Wrigley Field, and the “time of the year for mould around Chicago.”
    Yeah, it really HAD TO work out this way: if he's not in the hospital, he has to pitch. Even if he does poorly / lasts only a few innings. Bring on the drama.

Also none of this matters at all if the Nationals can't wind up getting a few hits or MANY hits (like they have done all season). We'll see. I have tickets for tomorrow (if necessary).
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    Where's a cool place to spend Halloween night at in England? I'm thinking Stonehenge, but am open to anyone who has a more interesting idea.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    Find a haunted castle dude. muuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaahahaha !!!!