What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    It teaches you never to interact with strangers, never to help those in need, and that's a sad and terrible outcome.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited November 10

It teaches you never to interact with strangers, never to help those in need, and that's a sad and terrible outcome.

well, they were needy, to be sure. I was trying to do the right thing and any deity would see that and look kindly upon it. at least nobody just hit me in the head with a bag full of baguettes and robbed me.

sleeper train from Paris to Rome tonight
  • Little sad you won't be passing through Geneva (I suppose you technically are since you'll probably be transferring there, but I mean staying for a bit) but then again I'm not there right now anyway so my personal investment isn't as high.

Also apparently it's freezing cold right now, which I suppose if you want to try the local cheese specialties would be fine, but you probably want the Swiss Alps rather than just the cities.
  • Probably going to get lots of hate here for this.. but I'm a Taylor Swift fan LOL.
    But with that said.. what was she thinking with this new album.
    Lots of filler crap on it.
    1989 had such a better vibe. So glad I borrowed it from a friend to put on my computer instead of actually giving her my money.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    We're not going to hold anything against a Taylor Swift fan in here.

Heck, we let Coldplay fans in here.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    But what we do with Nickelback fans? They must exist. Nickelback can't have sold... *checks Wikipedia* huh, doesn't say, but Answers.com swears it's 40 million, and that is obviously a trustworthy site, so all in all, there has to be at least one around here somewhere...
    Nickleback cds sell as hipster wind chimes and drink coasters.
    And @Dadasaurus Rex likes it in party chat when I drunkenly play How I Remind You in Rocksmith...
  • Nickleback cds sell as hipster wind chimes and drink coasters.

So does Swift unfortunately. As much as I enjoy her music, I don't think she's "good enough" for the popularity she gets.
    Witticus said:

We're not going to hold anything against a Taylor Swift fan in here.

Heck, we let Coldplay fans in here.

Thoughts and prayers for the victims of Chris Martins terrible music. Thoughts and prayers.
    C'mon, y'all know thoughts and prayers don't do anything. If you want to save the victims of Chris Martin, you need to start thinking about smart stuff - legislating, grassroots campaigning etc. It takes a spine and action to one day create a world free from the terrors of Chris Martin.
  • Well, now I'm in Geneva.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited November 11
    glad you got home okay, @LoopyChew.

yeah, Rome's my last stop and I didn't even get to Switzerland. changed trains in Milano. The Vatican's art is the bomb, but that place gives me the creeps. I guess the same goes for any organized religion, but the Catholics do it to the hilt. half the people looked like they just flagellated themselves or they were getting inspiration to flagellate themselves later tonight.

I'm about 200 yards (metres) from the Colosseum, and they are having a party, with all the streets blocked off for pedestrians. on tap tomorrow, Colosseum in the morning and the da Vinci Museum in the afternoon. Ciao!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

Probably going to get lots of hate here for this.. but I'm a Taylor Swift fan LOL.

There's a medication for that.

http://videos.sapo.mz/cvZIvEb0zFAB8T8a6PRA

(would link the youtube but it has bizarre country restrictions).
  • Probably going to get lots of hate here for this.. but I'm a Taylor Swift fan LOL.

I saw that when it aired! Man SNL has gone downhill bad though. I refuse to watch it now because it's just not funny anymore.

Probably going to get lots of hate here for this.. but I'm a Taylor Swift fan LOL.

I saw that when it aired! Man SNL has gone downhill bad though. I refuse to watch it now because it's just not funny anymore.
    It's super hit and miss. I like about half the cast, but the other half I don't care for in the slightest, but most of the very best they've had have been gone for years. Bill Hader, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Kristen Wiig have all long since left, and there was bunch of other quality actors that've gone too.
    Exactly. It's wildly hit or miss. Some episodes are awful, some are hilarious, and if you luck into the wrong ones you may think the whole series is in the toilet now.

It's still seldom worth watching past Weekend Update (though some exceptions exist; Ryan Gosling's "Papyrus" was a great late-episode piece), but the first half hour is where they load up their best stuff.

I think Kate McKinnon is the best cast member they've had in over a decade. The strength of any episode is usually directly proportional to the number of sketches she's in.
    edited November 12
    Yeah, the Larry King David (Eh, I get my old Larries confused, okay?) episode wasn't too strong, or at least I didn't think so. I don't know how I forgot McKinnon, but I still quite like Kenan Thompson, Pete Davidson, and Beck Bennett. Melissa Villasenor is the last featured player I actually like, and she's barely in it these days. I don't see the sketches in airing order, I only see them on Youtube on what is Sunday afternoon here. Hader is my all time favorite though.
  • The past SNL season was OK, carried mainly by Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump and Melissa McCarthy's Sean Spicer send-ups. The Dave Chappelle episode was very good, as were the Tom Hanks and Larry David ones.

This season, so far, hasn't been great. Not terrible, but nothing really memorable. And yes, Kate McKinnon is clearly the best of the current cast -- as good as Kristen Wiig at her peak.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 12
    I really liked Taran Killam and I was baffled when they got rid of him.
    It's always been "hit or miss", though some years are better than others. Comedy is hard.
  • Exactly. It's wildly hit or miss. Some episodes are awful, some are hilarious, and if you luck into the wrong ones you may think the whole series is in the toilet now.

It's still seldom worth watching past Weekend Update (though some exceptions exist; Ryan Gosling's "Papyrus" was a great late-episode piece), but the first half hour is where they load up their best stuff.

I think Kate McKinnon is the best cast member they've had in over a decade. The strength of any episode is usually directly proportional to the number of sketches she's in.

I agree with Mckinnon. And Leslie Jones is one of their worst...
    Not a huge Taylor Swift fan, but damn, her performance of "Call It What You Want" was great on SNL.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    if Alabama still elects Roy Moore, it will officially become the taint of America
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    and all you Americans: when you come to Europe/UK, just forget about bacon. don't even think about it. it doesn't exist.
    Pretty much 'Bama will have earned every negative stereotype if the elect that guy. And the fallout in the rest of the country should be fierce.

First, the senate should vote to remove him minute one of his swearing in. If they don't, every republican that votes against it will have to answer.

Second, if they fold and keep him, financially boycott 'Bama. Aside from individual consumer dollars, states like California and New York, like with the bathroom ban, should block all government transactions with them.
    calloy said:

and all you Americans: when you come to Europe/UK, just forget about bacon. don't even think about it. it doesn't exist.

Our bacon is different, of course. I still eat it though.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited November 13
    My

And @Dadasaurus Rex likes it in party chat when I drunkenly play How I Remind You in Rocksmith...

Ah, the sweet , 3 pack a day, velvety smooth voice of Chad Kroeger. Mm mm.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    goodbye, Colosseo

That sounds like something a Bond villain might say right before he presses his detonator.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

That sounds like something a Bond villain might say right before he presses his detonator.

The light you see is a slow moving laser aimed at our heroes junk.