What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 3

A way loot box logic would end up in RB4 would be something like if the spotlight pass had an entitlement to a random DLC song that's released each week where any of them are possible. For example if in this season the pass could give you what we're getting but it could instead give you something like:
    I Want You Back
    I Wanna Be Sedated
    Bad Reputation
    Say It Ain't So
    The Middle
    When You Were Young
    [insert 10s song]
    [insert rewind from week 8 DLC]

Even if you owned all the exports.

And...you gave them ideas.

Don't feed the hand that feeds all of us; it bites back too.

I get the feeling HMX would rather put RB on indefinite hiatus than insert a loot box system into RB4 if they had to choose one or the other, especially judging by the roadmap stream in addition to what happened to EA regarding Battlefront II.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I think its more the buisness model wouldn’t work for Rock Band. The game already runs on a massive micro-transaction model that used to be far more controversial before the times of loot crates and its precursor “Spending money to speed up contrived time limits.”

In Rock Bands case, they offer weekly micro-transactions that while optional, serve a greater purpose online or in Rivals where to play a DLC song with friends online or be able to participate in a Spotlight challenge, you need to own the DLC. Randomized loot crates would be a disaster if you could only recieve songs randomly.

I’d imagine if Harmonix ever did, it would be cosmetic touches like hats, instruments, or non crucial things like that.
  • I finally got a second XB1 guitar, so now I'll be able to play RB4 cooperative, after what, more than a year after launch?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    2 guitars? It's like a whole new world!
    A new fantastic point of view.
    edited December 4
    Quiet weekend for everyone?
    I tried to run yesterday, shin splints shut me down within a mile. I enjoyed a nice pleasant walk around DC while my friends continued to run [I short-cutted and didn't circle the whole Tidal Basin].
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Christmas prep weekend. House deco inside, house deco outside, and attended local Christmas parade.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    It was my college's 12 hour Video Game marathon, so went to around 7/8 hours of that. Other than that, just finalized my research for my end of semester essays. Woo.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

Quiet weekend for everyone?
    I tried to run yesterday, shin splints shut me down within a mile. I enjoyed a nice pleasant walk around DC while my friends continued to run [I short-cutted and didn't circle the whole Tidal Basin].

I was sick all weekend, which sucked - but we managed to still have an ok weekend and take the boys out to the LA ZOO LIGHTS. Pretty cute

Unfortunately, I lost a whole weekend of being productive and now our decorations will have to wait another week ....

but my Seahawks won against the Eagles (my wife is a Philly girl, so the house was DIVIDED) but I didn't put a wager against it so it's not like I get any benefit ... and need to keep quiet about it because I don't need my wife pissed at me because my team beat her team ... you know those Philly fans.
    I’d be happy to contribute to the Harmonix loot box if one unlocks a level populated by my sharks.

• TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Capcom had the announcement we've been waiting seven years for!

Mega Man X7 on Switch!
    That seems to be a reocurring theme for every lackluster announcement
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    No, seriously, I'm hyped for Mega Man 11 and the X Collection, that series has been dead for too long.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    Still waiting for megaman legends 3.

Also pls no Lex skin in lootboxes, i'd spend way too much money
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I wonder if mine would come with the bowler and fake mustache.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    LoopyChew said:

I wonder if mine would come with the bowler and fake mustache.

... and ass-less chaps
    ALL CHAPS ARE ... oh nevermind
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    calloy said:

my first concert I paid for myself was The Doobie Brothers. I may have been dropped off, but think I rode my bicycle to it.

Mine was T. Rex opening for Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush.
    Time to request some Alien Weaponry for the game
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    I think my first biggish concert was either The Waterboys (shortly after Fisherman's Blues came out) or Sting (Englishman in New Your Tour), both in the late 80's.
    For my birthday this year, I want to play Monopoly or Risk on the PS4 with folks from WAYDRN.

OK, so my birthday was 2 weeks ago. Does that matter? Are you really going to deny a senior citizen a simple wish before he crumbles into dust?
  • my first concert was Children of Bodom and Lamb of God, some point in time in the mid 00s

That is pretty far from the other first concerts posted here
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    My first gig (The North remembers) was the Black Keys in 2011. ...Let's just say I was late to this whole "music" thing.

For my birthday this year, I want to play Monopoly or Risk on the PS4 with folks from WAYDRN.

OK, so my birthday was 2 weeks ago. Does that matter? Are you really going to deny a senior citizen a simple wish before he crumbles into dust?

You’re making me dig quite deep in the trenches of my purchase history
    You already own it! Did you delete it? Surely it doesn't take up much space.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Boom boxes are being handed out. I'm down. I go get my Sir Mix A Lot cassette tape!
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Belated happy birthday @DrowGamer77!!! Sorry to have missed it earlier.

Regarding GnR, I’ve seen them twice... the first time for the Use Your Illusion tour in Dallas and the second for the co-headlined Metallica tour - which I went to to see Metallica and Faith No More...couldn’t care less that GnR was there after seeing them in Dallas just a short time before (and Axle being the douche he is/was). Luckily Metallica went first during that tour (well after FnM, but the first “headliner”), so we left after only a few songs in to GnR’s set, especially because Axel delayed the start of their show almost an hour if I remember correctly.

...and sorry MP, no time for an online monopoly game for me... I can barely keep up with my online gaming commitments as it is! :)

Hope everyone else is doing well...
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 6
    I was a roadie for Metallica on their Speed of Sound tour. Bunch of ass holes.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    My first concert was britney spears :confounded:
    Forced to go with a friend. I swear!

First one i decided on myself was slayer. For which i dragged along my brother who hated metal. Fun times
    Aw, c'mon @BachiG, one game of Monopoly is all I ask! Surely we can get 4 WAYDRN players together for 90 minutes, at some point in December. Tournament games end after 90 minutes, if your game takes longer than that, you're playing wrong! Perhaps the console version doesn't let you play as quickly as tournament players do: no serious decisions need to be made until 2 or more players have 2 or more monopolies among them. Roll the dice, move, and keep the game moving! Even then, negotiating a mutually beneficial trade doesn't have to take long.

But the console version might make you watch interminable animations every single move.

I think Witt is in, and he HATES Monopoly. But he's a team player: also: HIS birthday is coming up. I wonder what requests he has in mind.

Did You Know: Monopoly Plus has add-ons available called "My Little Pony" and "Just Dance". I've had them on my wish list for 2 years but they have never once been part of a sale (or I would have bought them).