What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

Comments

• @Meat-Popsicle I would be in even for Battlefield 1 if it was xbox
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Too bad Xbox 360 makes you subscribe to play online, I'd love to be able to play some older titles with the Microsoft crowd every once in a while! For Xbox One, I'll have to wait until I win that Fender Prize Pack (or did they already pick a winner that wasn't me?).
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Man up and play Monopoly. Meat puts the "mono" in it.

And happy birthday, Drow!
    Lawdog! Time for you to be Livin' in Sin at the Holiday Inn (if they have WiFi). So you can join in on the Mono Fest!
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    BRING THE FIRE!! Los Angeles is LIT, YO!!

and by that, I mean "on fire". Not anywhere as dire as what happened to @Lawdog1521, but I do see smoke, I do smell smoke (and not just from wood burning) and we're less 10 miles from the nearest fire.

everything is fine.
    edited December 7
    I see what you did there.
    I used to live in Ventura, "back in the day", by which I mean, "when I dropped out of college for a semester", by which I mean, "before many of you were born".
    I remember the hills being on fire when I was there, once, but it was a "controlled fire", on purpose. Looks terrifying.
    My place here is probably as likely to burn from nuclear attack as from a massive fire covering millions of acres.

Looking at a map of Ventura, I can't figure out exactly where I lived [mostly it was "where my parents lived", for about 3 years, I was only with them for 2 summers + 1 fall semester, a very long time ago]. Kinda freaky. It's like that whole period is a blur, just because I was 19 years old and living with my parents + my sister and I didn't know a single other person there + was convinced my life was essentially over because I was dangerously close to failing out of school. Weird!
    My board game snob friends all hate both Monopoly and Risk. And I get it. Completely!
    "One day" more than a year ago a bunch of folks had an epic PS4 Monopoly night that involved lots of frustration and hurt feelings and swearing and I missed out on all of it somehow and I've been hoping to part of the magic the next time it happened. And I eventually figured out it was never going to happen again unless I requested it specifically. Pleaded?

Fully acceptable alternatives:
    Worms Battlegrounds (was free with PS+ last month)
    Star Wars: Battlefront (the first one)(but most people don't own it)
    LittleBigPlanet3 (even better: the original one, on PS3)
    Battlefield 1 (or Battlefield 4, or Battlefield Hardline)(or any of the PS3 games from this series)

Other less exciting alternatives:
    Rocket League is awfully fun though I don't need to waste a genie's wish on getting to play that one again
    Destiny (the original) I own it, I might as well play it occasionally, right?
    Overwatch: I accidentally borrowed a copy, I should play it before I return it, if others have it too
    Rory McIlroy Golf: most people don't own it and by now @Dadasaurus Rex has been practicing for so long he would crush me
    GTA Golf: still kinda fun, sometimes!
    GTA missions / races / etc: super fun, but again I don't need to make a special request to make this happen again, I figure

Can these be played multiplayer online?
    Broforce
    Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
    Tricky Towers

Or, hey, I hear that you can play Rock Band 4 (or Rock Band 3) online, wanna try that? I call Bass! Or I can take vocals, I'll triple-check to make sure I'm on mute. Or I can play any other instrument (including Pro Guitar) if you don't care about score at all.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited December 7
    Roxanne, but every time they sing Roxanne, it gets 5% faster:

https://streamable.com/f7a34
  • Borderlands can definitely be played online, and even in a combination of couch and online co-op. I really wish there would be any kind of announcement about Borderlands 3 though. Kind of hoping that Krieg will be making a comeback in that one, since he's my BL2 main and THERE'S NO FENCE ON THIS FENCE. Although playing as Claptrap in the prequel was kinda fun too... especially all the times that I annoyed the crap out of my sniper-playing girlfriend by turning us into perpetually bouncing rubber duckies with one of his random 'buffs'.

Worms Battlegrounds is pretty fun online too, I played a few rounds with some of my old friends from Belgium last week when one of them couldn't make it for our weekly Dying Light session. Which is another great online mp game, by the way. Nothing beats the sheer joy of throwing a firecracker at one of the other players as they're trying to stealthily sneak past a big group of zombies.

Another game that's perfect for some silly mp shenanigans is Starwhal, because it's pure chaos.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Starwhal is fantastic fun and more akin to what people who don't want to kill their friends in their sleep play.
    Starwhal is only local multiplayer though, right?
    C'mon over!
    @Meat-Popsicle says as I change my profile pic.
  • Crap, that's true. I keep forgetting it's local only.

There's also been a ton of great boardgame adaptations for android and apple this past year, it's a shame none of those seem to be getting a PS4 port (although a bunch of them are on Steam as well, of course).
    In my... actually very broad experience in fun multiplayer games here are my favorite.

Local only
    Screen Cheat
    Drawful (Jackbox 1)
    Murder Mystery Party (Jack Box 3)
    Towerfall
    Thief Town
    Starwhal

Online Capable with local multiplayer
    Worms (any there’s very little difference)
    Broforce
    (Jackbox games are actually doable with decent internet streaming)
    7 Days to Die
    Borderlands the Handsome Jack Collection

Avoid like an Alabama potential senator
    Mario Party
    Monopoly
    Mario Kart
    Mario Party
    Gta Golf
    Mario Party

Normally, I have the opposite of Schadenfreude. What would that be? Empathy, I imagine.

BUT

Apparently Witt is the exception to that, because my fondest online experiences seem to involve him melting down and ranting. In a funny way! It's not serious! I hope.

Surely that explains why 2 of the games I suggested were on his "nope, nope, nope" list.
  • Witticus said:

In my... actually very broad experience in fun multiplayer games here are my favorite.

Local only
    Screen Cheat
    Drawful (Jackbox 1)
    Murder Mystery Party (Jack Box 3)
    Towerfall
    Thief Town
    Starwhal

Online Capable with local multiplayer
    Worms (any there’s very little difference)
    Broforce
    (Jackbox games are actually doable with decent internet streaming)
    7 Days to Die
    Borderlands the Handsome Jack Collection

Avoid like an Alabama potential senator
    Mario Party
    Monopoly
    Mario Kart
    Mario Party
    Gta Golf
    Mario Party

You sir earned that disagree HAHA! ;)!
    Mario Party is one of my favorites. Unfortunately I'm not buying a brand new console only for a couple games I'd actually want.
    (Ps. Have they even announced a new Mario Party? I don't keep up on Switch news. Would be a cool idea for those who do like it. As well as a good online multiplayer game opportunity.)
  • Happy belated-day, @DrowGamer77

And yes, there is a new Mario Party. It came out on the 3DS last month.
    PS Store has Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus up for 29.99 (until Saturday morning only)

should I...?
    @Dangimarocker my only regret is not putting Mario Party 4 times. Mario Party is what the uncaring world gives you to understand nihilism. Mario Party hates you, you're in an abusive relationship and need to get out. Mario Party laughs at your failure and has a cheat code that faxes your murder suicide note to the police.
  • PS Store has Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus up for 29.99 (until Saturday morning only)

should I...?

I was kind of disappointed in the game. :(
    It's good but it's didn't feel as fun as the previous two.

And @Witticus don't make me get sassy ;)!
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    STONEHENGE!!!!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited December 7

PS Store has Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus up for 29.99 (until Saturday morning only)

should I...?

You're messing with a professional, are you sure you wish to continue down this path. My disagree count is legendary, you cannot hurt me. Fight me in a gangster rap battle if you must.
  • Witticus said:

should I...?

You're messing with a professional, are you sure you wish to continue down this path. My disagree count is legendary, you cannot hurt me. Fight me in a gangster rap battle if you must.
    Haha! I literally was laughing out loud. I'm sure I got plenty of looks!
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    I just want to congratulate Al Franken on doing the right thing today. He was one of my favorite senators but regarding the allegations against him, he needed to step down.

It's just going to stink not having him as part of the senate. He had one of the strongest voices for trying to keep the current administration in check. And that will be the thing that I will miss most. I wish he would have made smarter decisions in the past as I'm sure he does as well. Hopefully others will take note of his actions as to what it means to be a responsible leader and role model.
    everybody wishes they made smarter decisions in the past, right? Too bad, we rarely make sound decisions without the benefit of hindsight, or previous mistakes...

I wish could
  • PS Store has Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus up for 29.99 (until Saturday morning only)

should I...?

You totally should. Unlike Dangimarocker, I found it better than The New Order and Old Blood. Everything is crazier with this game: guns, ambience, story... you kill nazis while you're on a wheelchair on the intro.

I hadn't had so much fun on a single player FPS since Bioshock.

should I...?

Absolutely. That's a great deal.