What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

Comments

• They pray to the patron saint of Superstorm Sandy every hurricane season.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    I'd make fun of them but am too busy dodging flaming squirrels and walls of smoke.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    Hey friends, I know most of you may not be around much over the next week or so but I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!!

If you get offended at "Christmas" wishes (you are too sensitive), then Happy Holidays and/or Festivus!

Y'all are good people and I enjoy our little talks we have here. Best wishes for the holidays!
  • Nobody really gets offended from saying Merry Christmas. Just like when someone wishes you a Happy Hanukkah, Ramadan, Kwanza, etc; you know they’re speaking to you as a friend and blessing you with joy. Its not an attack, its a gift that they’re praising you with beliefs they hold dear to them.
  • Witticus said:

Nobody really gets offended from saying Merry Christmas. Just like when someone wishes you a Happy Hanukkah, Ramadan, Kwanza, etc; you know they’re speaking to you as a friend and blessing you with joy. Its not an attack, its a gift that they’re praising you with beliefs they hold dear to them.

yeah it seems like more people get offended by someone saying "Happy Holidays" than someone saying "Merry Christmas"
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited December 2017
    That’s a whole ordeal on its own. I understand people not wanting to be offensive by saying Happy Holidays, however people getting mad the store doesn’t address their holiday specifically is beyond childish. That’s like being offended they wished everyone in your school a happy birthday to all December birthdays as opposed to your specific birthday. The store still sells you all the supplies you could ever ask for, for that specific day, but you’ve taken it upon yourself to be offended from best intentions.

There’s real heart to Happy Holidays, but there’s real malice to people claiming a war on christmas.
    Oddly enough the people who complain there's a war on Christmas often act the least Christ like.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Happy holidays from Norway! Hope y'all have a wonderful time, and aren't too stressed over preparations and all that jazz!
  • Merry Christmas from Switzerland!
  • Happy Holidays from the UK!
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited December 2017
    Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!!

I hope everyone is having a safe and joyful holiday! :)
    In Norway we open gifts on Christmas Eve, so already opened my gifts. Got a ton of PS4 games, almost as many CDs, and a few cheesy bad movies. I also got some fox-related stuff, since IDK if you've noticed, but I like foxes. :p
    Merry Christmas from California! I bought you all presents but they burned in a raging forest fire.
  • Here's a special message from Our Saviour:

• The angel on our tree wouldn’t stay up, so I decided to work with its tilt and make it look like the angel and a nearby nutcracker were trying to scale the tree.

• Well I have a few moments between Christmas gatherings, Merry Christmas everyone!
  • I'm not sure how many of you like death/black/doom/thrash metal, but anyways: This label has all their catalogue for free during these holidays, until December 31st.
    @LiveHomeVideo tagging you here because idk

Link to the label
    Link to the sublabel of asian bands

Merry Christmas to all of you!
    Everyone go on vacation?
    edited December 2017
    just mentally

but it's more like a staycation since we can't really afford that either
  • I'm at the office, but there's hardly anyone here, so I'm getting as much crap as I can done while they're away.

...except I'm also posting here.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Likewise. My office of usually 12-15 people... is at 4 today. Soon dropping to 3.
    edited December 2017
    I went to my office yesterday - we're still busy selling wine and spirits for new year's, but mostly just salespeople. Anyone not in sales that can take time off, did take time off so it was pretty dead

been spending today cleaning up tree needles, taking down decorations, and various 'dad stuff'

I hope you all are having a nice week and enjoying whatever time with family that you can

...unless you hate your family
  • So you sell wine and wine accessories?
  • Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve/Day celebrations!

Probably time for a new WAYDRN, too. Part Eighteen for 2018 seems like a thing that should happen.
    Happy New Year from Norway! It technically happened a couple of hours ago, but eh, wasn't able to get here until now. Let's hope 2018 kick's 2017's ass!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Man, Aussies are already waking up with their hangover, here’s my hangover cure video.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve/Day celebrations!

Probably time for a new WAYDRN, too. Part Eighteen for 2018 seems like a thing that should happen.

I figured it'd be good to turn WAYDRN into an annual thing, but since I started this one it only seems appropriate that someone else start the next one.
  • Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve/Day celebrations!

WAYDRN 18 pal. Make music games great again dude
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Hogan2015 is so 2015.
This discussion has been closed.