What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

Comments

• Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act

I got an "Orcs Must Die" scarf at PAX East 2 years ago, so geektastic. And warm. I need to dig that out. Will there be any kind of Harmonix party? Make sure to check out the small games expo (@ MIT?) if you arrive a day early.

I am sure I did PAX East "wrong" (alone, for one) but still had a swell time. I prefer getting lost in the arcade at MAGFest. The games room at PAX East was rather perfunctory. But the demo area for the game making companies is ginormous (and so are the lines). No such feature at MAGFest.

I go to MAGFest strictly to get lost in the arcade and play Rock Band with the guys. Be sure to say hi to the guy behind the Rock Band 3 setup. He's swell.
  • And, for the record, Just Like The White-Winged Dove is RIGHT THERE.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    ... "sounds like she's singing / WHHHOOOOO, baby, WHOOOO, said WHOOOOOOO...."
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

I'm told MSG doesn't cause headaches, it's a total myth.
    What are people making that up? I mean, I've never gotten a headache that I could attribute to MSG [Chinese takeout?] but I've heard it's common.

I don't know if Chinese take-out is laden with MSG, but generic Chinese buffets certainly are. That's where my experience comes from: macking down at the generic Chinese buffet, blowing some amazingly hi-volume and hi-quality flatii in Blockbuster and everywhere else for the next hour or so, and then having the worst headaches of my life later than evening. No history of migraines, either.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    I just noticed the new thread.

A group of Owls is called a parliament of owls.

I can only hope WAYDRN 18 is not riddled with such mistakes.
  • bigmf said:

I just noticed the new thread.

A group of Owls is called a parliament of owls.

I can only hope WAYDRN 18 is not riddled with such mistakes.

Come on!
    HMXOwl said:

Court of Owls? WTF? What's next?

Canonically, they go international and become the Parliament of Owls (a group of owls is called a parliament, for those who don't know owl factoids).
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    If you take 12 owls and line them up in a triangle formation, they make a good substitute for bowling pins.
    Well, except for the screaming.
    You can not expect me to read 4 pages of WAYDRN inanity after a week's vacation and before lunch.
    A group of crows is called a murder of crows.
    A group of ravens is called an unkindness of ravens.

So if you have to face down some large black birds, go with the ravens. You'll end up on the receiving end of some nasty "yo' momma" jokes or something like that, whereas things could get pretty dark with the crows.
    A group of Big Birds is seen after 3/4 a bottle of scotch. That also causes one to call out Snupulypogus for thinking he's "better than me."
    A typical lawdog day.

If lawdog was a bird he'd be a KAWdog.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

A typical lawdog day.

I thought Tuesday was 'Nudie Magazine Day'
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited January 5
    HMXOwl said:

If you take 12 owls and line them up in a triangle formation, they make a good substitute for bowling pins.

Lawdog, how many pins do you think you bowl with.
    Lawdog still signs his checks "1996"
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Yes, and this is what bowling looked like in the 90s. It was like a totally different game than you kids play today.

• FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    It was an entirely different kind of bowling. All togther.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    Someone should call Lawdog an uber as he's clearly drunk. Either that or a math tutor so he can learn to count.
  • HMXOwl said:

Lawdog, how many pins do you think you bowl with.

He throws overhand, so I don't think it matters.

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Yes, and this is what bowling looked like in the 90s. It was like a totally different game than you kids play today.

I've seen The Big Lebowski enough to know this statement reeks of lies.
    So you caught me. I have an aversion to wearing other peoples shoes. Hence avoid bowling.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

So you caught me. I have an aversion to wearing other peoples shoes. Hence avoid bowling.

There is a third option.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    FujiSkunk said:

It was an entirely different kind of bowling. All togther.

it now makes sense. FooJ (yes, that's your new name, to me at least) is a huge stoner. He's talking about packing bowls.

I was also a huge stoner, so I'm an authority. Trust me.
    Was?
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    I did not inhale.