What Are You Doing Right Now? Part SEVENTEEN - Court of Owls

Comments

• DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

I can get trip to New England via horse and buggy but it's not my ideal way to travel there.

sheesh, well F me for trying to be helpful and provide a solution to your complaints.
    bigmf said:

Fox News sounds like a delightful place to work.

If you enjoy having your genitals fondled by a drooling pervert.

So, there's a job opening? I'm married, so that second part sounds pretty attractive
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 20
    I have an old SNES and a pile o cartridges but the console doesn't work. Bad contacts? Oh, and some of the games apparently have issues with them too. "Someday" I'll find a pro who can tell me for sure how to fix them or that I need to just junk it.
  • calloy said:

would you buy a reverse mortgage or catheter from this man?

Looks like Michael Carlino. Would not trust him. Ask Meg Ryan.

Aimee Mann and Jonathan Coulton are both performing at the Lincoln Theatre tonight. I like both artists, I should be going! Oh, but I remember when tickets went on sale, seconds into it the best seats available were way in the back. For $45 I expect to be in the first 10 rows! Well, now it's totally sold out, so now it $174 on SeatGeek. Lol. I'll just buy his new album and stay at home.

I'm reading that Aimee's newest album fully embraces her reputation for singing depressing songs, so ... yeah. Staying home it is.

Aimee Mann is back and bummed out as ever on her new album Mental Illness
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

Aimee Mann and Jonathan Coulton are both performing at the Lincoln Theatre tonight. I like both artists, I should be going! Oh, but I remember when tickets went on sale, seconds into it the best seats available were way in the back. For $45 I expect to be in the first 10 rows! Well, now it's totally sold out, so now it $174 on SeatGeek. Lol. I'll just buy his new album and stay at home.

I'm reading that Aimee's newest album fully embraces her reputation for singing depressing songs, so ... yeah. Staying home it is.

Aimee Mann is back and bummed out as ever on her new album Mental Illness

if only you want to go, head on up right before the show starts and mill around out front. scalpers are desperate to sell tickets then, especially a single seat.
  • Pick me up a copy of the new album. He's selling it there but it doesn't come out until next week.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I saw JoCo open for They Might Be Giants long time ago. He's certainly moving on up.
    I thought about that, but if scalpers are asking $170 right now, I can't imagine them going down to face value ($45). Yes, if they get desperate, maybe they will be forced to. But my instincts tell me demand will fall outstrip supply, and I'd have to get really lucky to have someone really impatient hold up the ticket and ask for $45 while I happen to be the closest person standing next to them. I would be so uncomfortable walking up and down the line announcing loudly to everyone that I'm a cheapskate and that I didn't plan in advance and that I want their pity.

[that's how it would feel to me, with my social anxiety]

Once, I went to see the Pixies in Detroit, and there were SO MANY people that had extra tickets they were just about giving them away. So months later I went to see them in DC, and I showed up figuring that would be the case there too, and it was! $20 and I was in the door. The next day for the 2nd show I went down there with 2 co-workers, found the same guy, and he told me to come back closer to show time and he'd give me the same deal if he still had some left. I did and he did. Boom. $20 a ticket, and they were in, and I went home [for some reason].

[I like having friends that are even more desperately shy / socially anxious than I am, I appear to be some sort of super hero to them]

tl;dr I dread the idea of milling about for hours just to confirm that offering face value isn't going to get me in the door
  • About to test out new oasis song if anyone wants to watch my twitch bruther
    https://m.twitch.tv/charlierl48?desktop-redirect=true
    nope
    edited April 20
    *cracks fresh pepper corns over salad*
    *cracks corn over Jimmy's head*
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    I've made Drow's heart cold and jaded.

Good.

I've made Drow's heart cold and jaded.

Good.

yes, my master
  • I just have to ask bruther.. where did the hair go ????? Where did the hair go !!!!!!!
    been wondering that myself .....
  • Hogan begging for Twitch followers ... did he already blow through the Gawker money?
  • By no means am I begging bruther. Just thought some people would like to see the new oasis song dude
  • Fair enough. I bought it and will see for myself.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I bought two tickets to the X 40th anniversary tour show at the Belly Up in Solana Beach, even though I don't know who else will want to go. For that reason I only ponied up extra for one VIP ticket.
  • Up, Down, A, A, B, Left, Right, A, B, Up, A, Down, Right, Right, Left, B, Up, Left, A, Right, B, Left, Right, A, Left, Up, A, Down, A, Right, Left, B, and finally press Start
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Hogan2015 said:

Up, Down, A, A, B, Left, Right, A, B, Up, A, Down, Right, Right, Left, B, Up, Left, A, Right, B, Left, Right, A, Left, Up, A, Down, A, Right, Left, B, and finally press Start

Red, Yellow, Blue -- Red, Red, Blue, Blue -- Red, Yellow, Blue
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited April 21
    well I am pretty sure I just screwed up my job interview today... but in good news about 15 minutes after coming home I got a phone call for a phone interview with somewhere else.

Now I just need to find out who they are, and find the job posting so I know what to prepare for. Because I don't remember applying for a job at the Air Force base
    Take the Air Force job and go buy some aviator glasses.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    Spinal Tap did a great show at an Air Force Base

I was an Air Force brat, my dad was retired from Beale AFB, he worked on the SR-71. While it's technically "military" the Air Force is totally laid back and half the staff out there (Beale) are civilians.
    @Lawdog1521 get you ass to Mars
    I mean, get to the choppa
    I mean, check into a Motel 6 so we can chat and drink Sailor Jerry's
    My wife is out of town, it is ON, pizza will be eaten, Mountain Dew will be consumed
    I might be on tonight.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    What is with this unicorn drink.
    @SuperTigerMario and @Witticus

This was on the radio today. Awesome.

edited April 21
    But the van wasn't a Chevy!? That movie bamboozled me!