We demand online matchmaking and multiple instruments per console!

Comments

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited January 20

Harmonix acts like Rock Band 1, 2, and 3 didn't have online multiplayer with matchmaking and multiple instruments per console.

"Oh my god you guys this multiplayer is SO hard to make, we DEFINITELY have never done this before!" - Harmonix, basically

The issue is time and money, not that it's coding it is complicated, and they don't know what they're doing.

RB4 is a new engine, so anything in RB4 has to be recreated from scratch; and with a staff less than half the size they had on previous games, it takes a LOT longer to make stuff.

They could have a full featured online multiplayer, but it probably wouldn't come out for another 6-12 months. They'd rather release a basic online multiplayer NOW and add to it later (which seems to be the RB4 motto for everything).

Not to mention server costs for online multiplayer (which they don't have a massive publisher like EA footing the bill for anymore).
  • signed
    also signed by my son (who lives with me) and my mate (who does not live with me)
    so the three of us can enjoy playing without having to travel

Also multiple instruments for a single player (ie ME) who sing and guitar or bass
  • AbraxenAbraxen Unsigned

What about brand new never rocked Rock Band players? I can see somebody buying a copy getting home firing it up trying to go online and finding that online is apparently "dead" since they have no previous Rock Band friends to show up.

I've been playing since Rock Band 1, and no one on my friends list is still playing. So this is an issue for new and been there from the start players all the same.
  • abz999abz999 Unsigned
    Perhaps this is something to do with it?

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/about/jobs/41/
  • abz999 said:

interesting indeed
  • I'm definitely for more instruments per console, I've already had a conversation with my crew about family members wanting to join in. In the past I have played with people and their younger children online, I think that's a great idea. As for matchmaking, I myself have never been a fan of it in general and never used it, but I don't think it's wrong to give players the option.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    I would didn't think I had to worry about multiple people locally, foolish me.
    add it in, before Jan 25 would be fine
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    abz999 said:

Wish I had the network experience because I would totally be down for that ;)
  • AbraxenAbraxen Unsigned

I'll live without either. I have so many friends on XB1 that plays the game, and I rarly have friends over that wanna play the game, so tbh I don't care all that much.

Did you think it through all the way?

I say that because, at least for me, the online kept the game interesting. Which means I continued to buy DLC and replace/upgrade equipment.

That's revenue for HMX. Given they have said RB4 is a platform and not just another sequel, they will only support it as long as they are making money off of it.

You may not use the features personally, but I'm sure my situation isn't unique.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Abraxen said:

I'll live without either. I have so many friends on XB1 that plays the game, and I rarly have friends over that wanna play the game, so tbh I don't care all that much.

Did you think it through all the way?

I say that because, at least for me, the online kept the game interesting. Which means I continued to buy DLC and replace/upgrade equipment.

That's revenue for HMX. Given they have said RB4 is a platform and not just another sequel, they will only support it as long as they are making money off of it.

You may not use the features personally, but I'm sure my situation isn't unique.
    I don't think his "I can live with it" was intended as "and I expect you to as well."
  • If I had known online would be the Nintendo method (friends only), I wouldn't have invested the money in RB4. This is seriously disappointing, and a bad decision.
  • I'm here because I heard they were offering free Wi-Fi for anyone that signed up

No, Okay fine

But seriously I need Matchmaking
  • @dra600n Nah, the Nintendo method would be more like matchmaking only (you can't play online with your friends). At least that seems to be the current approach for them with awkward choices like limiting online friend interaction to a mobile app.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Did I sign this yet?
  • @dra600n Nah, the Nintendo method would be more like matchmaking only (you can't play online with your friends). At least that seems to be the current approach for them with awkward choices like limiting online friend interaction to a mobile app.

Maybe that was on the Wii then? I know I couldn't play randomly in most games on the Wii and needed friend codes. Granted, I never played Rock Band on the Wii, so I'm unsure how that was, but i recall not being able to play a lot of games without having people in your friends list. Either way, no match making is a bone headed move.
  • For 3rd party games, yes. For 1st party games there was generally both matchmaking and playing with friends.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    Matchmaking and Multiple Players better be on top of their priority list. The fact that they are promoting their "online play" on Facebook is just crazy. It's just leading to disaster once people find out what they left out.
  • I'll live without either. I have so many friends on XB1 that plays the game, and I rarly have friends over that wanna play the game, so tbh I don't care all that much.

Man... lots of selfish people popping in on these topics. I don't want a Blitz sequel does that mean I'd vote against it? No. I'd support it for those around me who want it.
  • baumpaulbaumpaul Unsigned
    I guess I'll comment on here too. Multiple instruments and matchmaking would be greatly appreciated
  • I just hope that they don't rely on play stat forensics of this post-release... "hmm they said they wanted multiplayer... but stats are showing they aren't using it much". As we all sit here in disbelief that we can't play with our band mates fully without one being an audience or those that want pickup fun in matchmaking due to not having many friend list people to connect with.... that would be a sad 'setup' event :-(