Online Quickplay is Out Now for Rock Band Rivals!
Today is a long-awaited day, and we’re super stoked that Online Quickplay is available now for Rock Band Rivals owners! Rock Band Rivals has a series of new and exciting features that will interest all types of Rock Band players – Rockudrama is a hilarious new campaign that tells the story of your band’s rise (and fall, and rise) to fame! Rivals Mode has you competing with Crews online for tier promotions, and offers a way to obtain Crew XP with weekly custom Rivals Challenges. With the addition of Online Quickplay, Rock Band Rivals connects you with your friends from all over. Get Rivals today for $29.99 on Xbox One and PlayStation®4!
Online Quickplay will bring you and your bandmates together, whether they’re across the street or across the world. Explore your Music Library with friends and Crewmates, grouping up in the new Online Quickplay Hub and getting your best rocker face ready in the Green Room. Then, it’s time to pick your favorite tune out of a communal library of tracks that all members own, and create your epic session setlist. Take to the charts and you’ll see customized character emotes at the start of your session, showcasing each individuals’ style and flair.
Get to know the ins and outs of Online Quickplay in our previous blog post, and we’ll see you online!
There has been an unexpected short delay on this patch in Sony Europe; we expect this update to be available on or before January 27th.
“S.O.M.P.” is headed to Rivals
Rivals owners are also getting the latest track from the forgotten hair metal band, Skratch’N Snyf, titled “S.O.M.P.”. The tune tells a tale of a devious mastermind bent on controlling players through arcade machines – truly, a story that passes the test of time. Rock Band players will have a blast with this one; there’s plenty of shredding guitar solos throughout the tune, with a rippin’ solo towards the end which also takes place in double-time. Vocals feature a series of high notes and an incredibly long held note leading into the bridge of the song.
Check out how we made “S.O.M.P.” in our video!
Another Update, A Buncha Patch Notes
What would any good update be without patch notes? That’s why we’ve got ‘em! Check below for some of the improvements we’re bringing to Rock Band with the latest update.
Rock Band 4
- Improved Leaderboard score legibility!
- Improved Full Combo Laurels: Art, Sound effects, and Visual effects!
- Improved drum calibration!
- Fixed a drum scoring exploit related to “rollback”, which occurs when pausing / unpausing the game.
- Fixed a crash when selecting Advanced Freestyle Tutorial for new players.
- Fixed issues where promo items were appearing incorrectly in the Rock Shop.
- Fixed an incorrect message about unreachable servers.
- Fixed a rare crash due to drop in / drop out status.
- Fixed an issue on PlayStation related to playing certain songs in Quickplay.
- Fixed an issue cleaning up numerous, rapid camera cuts.
- Fixed an error where gamer pics / PSN avatars weren’t loading correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Harmonies progress would disappear in-game (Thanks Lammy for helping us track this one down!).
- Fixed an issue related to Brutal Mode leaderboard display.
- Fixed an issue where a disconnected controller could cause an infinite sound loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the number of songs owned to appear incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug in the description of the AbleGamers Logo shirt.
- Fixed a bug where the multiplier didn’t function properly during a song with “No Part”.
- Fixed a bug where My Stats menu wasn’t updating correctly when switching profiles.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using a USB keyboard.
- Made minor changes to select pre-fab characters.
Rock Band Rivals
- Fixed a bug in Rockudrama related to band / characters appearing incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue related to the Compare Crew help bar in Rivals Mode.
- Improved performance of Create a Crew menu in Rivals Mode.
- Fixed a bug where players couldn’t exit out of Edit Crew temporarily.
- Fixed a bug related to stuttering if a player lost their Rivals entitlement.
- Fixed a bug where users could not progress in Create a Crew.
- Fixed an error where the timer could sometimes overlap with other Rivals Hub elements.
We hope you all have a blast playing online with friends and Crewmates from around the world – until next time!