March 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Luck of the Fightin' Irish

St. Patrick's Day is smack dab in the middle of this month, so does this mean the return of U2?

Or other Irish artists for that matter?

I dunno, but let's see what we'll think comes out anyway!

Comments

• V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior

Well, we already have Closing Time and American Pie, what are we going to use this time?

Wait? So are you predicting RB4 DLC is coming to an end in March? Or do you know something I don't?
  • Don't Dream It's Over?

The End? (The Doors, of course)

The Load-Out/Stay?

Just a few other ones :p
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    "Eulogy for a Rock Band" by Weezer is a must for the end of Rock Band. So is The Doors' "The End" (as already mentioned by WG). But I hope they wait til at least May to stop rolling out new DLC. I'm sure they've still got a lot of Rewind tracks to bring us.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    well St patty's day.......so a Thin Lizzy pack each week is all we need
  • Don't Dream It's Over is one of those songs I've been requesting for a long time...

I have a feeling we won't be seeing many songs in March. I'm so meh about this months small amount of songs that I don't think predicting next months will do any good.
    We will definitely only get 4-5 new songs aka 1 song a month.
  • It would be cool to get some Primordial or Mael Mordha given St. Patrick's day, though I doubt they'd be among the first picks for Irish band DLC.
  • It would be cool to get some Primordial or Mael Mordha given St. Patrick's day, though I doubt they'd be among the first picks for Irish band DLC.

Don't expect any metal unless it's disturbed or avenged sevenfold at this rate lol
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    I originally was going to pick some U2 since this is their 30 year anniversary for The Joshua Tree coming up!

But since Harmonix will be closing their doors I suppose...

Billy Joel - The Longest Time
  • How about Muse for a farewell song? Heh. Or the favorite unrealistic hype prediction band of the Rock Band 4 era, Guns N Roses?
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited January 31
    Oh!

Almost forgot...

Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye)- Steam

OR

You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet- Bachman-Turner Overdrive
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act

How about Muse for a farewell song? Heh. Or the favorite unrealistic hype prediction band of the Rock Band 4 era, Guns N Roses?

I mean, we did get Aerosmith just before RB DLC died last time, so maybe? Though IIRC the thing blocking Aerosmith was an exclusivity contract, and not money and/or stubbornness, so maybe that's not doable again? (I don't think any artist hasn't come to RB because of an exclusivity contract at this point).

Oh!

Almost forgot...

Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye)- Steam

OR

You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet- Bachman-Turner Overdrive

OR...

Seal - Kiss from a Rose ;)
  • I just want more Maroon 5 from the Songs About Jane era, is that to much to ask for?
  • HMXOwl said:

You guys should tell us more about how we're stopping DLC or whatever. We'd love to hear when you decided on this.

I think they're paranoid

It's complicated

Real talk guys, if it was that bad, there'd be a press release/blog about it. So, let's try and just wishlist stuff instead :p
  • HMXOwl said:

You guys should tell us more about how we're stopping DLC or whatever. We'd love to hear when you decided on this.

So, it's not ending, then? I'm ok with that.
  • Well, we already have Closing Time and American Pie, what are we going to use this time?

Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin.
    edited January 31
    Wildcat15 said:

Well, we already have Closing Time and American Pie, what are we going to use this time?

Oooooo there you go!! I'm kind of surprised Harmonix has never thought of getting some of their songs in this game! They're kind of a bigger rock act.

That was sarcasm.
  • Wildcat15 said:

Oooooo there you go!! I'm kind of surprised Harmonix has never thought of getting some of their songs in this game! They're kind of a bigger rock act.

That was sarcasm.
    If Rock Band DLC would die again it better go out with an explosion.
    Wildcat15 said:

Wildcat15 said:

That was sarcasm.
    Haha I do agree! You know they're just saving Muse, Metallica, and GNR for that though. ;)
  • Wildcat15 said:

Wildcat15 said:

That was sarcasm.
    Haha I do agree! You know they're just saving Muse, Metallica, and GNR for that though. ;)
    A few months early, but I predict the 10 anniversary will have something like that.

Dare I say MUSE
  • If DLC ends in March I'll email every Harmonix address I can find a video of me playing the Twisted Sister songs in sequence. (We're Not Gonna Take It, I Wanna Rock) I will send this email once an hour until DLC starts again or death takes me.

P.S. I don't think it's ending. As the Hitchhiker's Guide firmly suggests, "DON'T PANIC!" (at the Disco).
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Don't forget that Harmonix announced the sunsetting of DLC way in advance last time.

P.S. I don't think it's ending. As the Hitchhiker's Guide firmly suggests, "DON'T PANIC!" (at the Disco).

No kidding. ;)

They have DLC lined up through the better part of the year. Just read the January announcement again if you need confirmation.
This discussion has been closed.