March 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Luck of the Fightin' Irish

Comments

• HMXOwl said:

Not of fan of animated series made for adults (Though, I do like The Ren & Stimpy Show and Regular Show), but I'll have to admit, this is unexpectedly cool. Definitely worth the wait.

I hope that if Double Fine makes a Brutal Legend remaster or sequal, you'll have Eddie Riggs as a playable character.
  • Archer as a playable character is cool, Danger Zone as DLC is the bigger exciting news for me.

I actually like Archer more because of his love for Danger Zone. The first time I heard him say it I was hooked.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    Witticus said:

Danger Zone has also been used in GTAV which even had a Top Gun inspired update around the same time as it came to the game.

The song was written by the incredible Giorgio Mordor who made the music for Scarface as well as Top Gun. Recently he produced the latest Daft Punk album which even includes an incredible tribute song to him.

Toto was the artist originally chosen to record the song, but after dropping out Kenny Loggins took the reins.

I don't care what the naysayers think. Danger Zone is the best 80s over the top cheese ballad you can get and I am damn excited for this.

Danger Zone is not a ballad. but, i would also buy Berlin's Take My Breath Away, which is a ballad. and is also from Top Gun. even better would be Metro, but then i'd be sad that we didn't get it back in the RB3 days because keys.

or just compromise and release Sex (I'm A...). epic vocals.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited March 15
    I dunno, it always felt ballady to me. And I'm not alone in my assertion/confusion .

http://www.allmusic.com/album/101-power-ballads-mw0001452685
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    I would not mind getting Meet Me Halfway, Loggins' ballad from Over the Top
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    Witticus said:

I dunno, it always felt ballady to me. And I'm not alone in my assertion/confusion .

http://www.allmusic.com/album/101-power-ballads-mw0001452685

yeah, there are a LOT of songs on that list i would not call a ballad in any way.

We Built This City a ballad? Eye of the Tiger? The Final Countdown? Sunglasses at Night? Carry On Wayward Son?
  • 1993mic1993mic Opening Act
    They went to the Danger Zone by not announcing anything.
  • Wildcat15 said:

My final prediction is the return of "Solid '70s" (a 3 song pack with 2 rewind songs).

Solid '70s 02
    Heart - "Crazy on You"
    Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way" (RS licensed this after the RB delists so I don't think all songs off limits, only some)
    Boston - "Foreplay/Long Time"

As for why delay the announcement? Well Crazy on You has been wanted a lot by the RB community and may be a distraction from RBVR news.

I'm going to double the bet:
    Heart - Crazy On You
    Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
    Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue
    Nailed it.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper

I hope that if Double Fine makes a Brutal Legend remaster or sequal, you'll have Eddie Riggs as a playable character.

That'd be interesting. A song from Brutal Legend was one they intended to release if the RB4PC campaign was successful, so if they ever bring that song out as regular DLC they could still do something with Eddie
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    randrac said:

I would not mind getting Meet Me Halfway, Loggins' ballad from Over the Top

No, this ballad instead:
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Witticus said:

I don't care what the naysayers think. Danger Zone is the best 80s over the top cheese ballad you can get and I am damn excited for this.

Agreed. I bough it for Rocksmith and I'll buy it for RB4!
  • I think there's a very realistic chance of much more Weezer coming later this year.

A new album is coming this summer.
  • And still probably nothing else from Pinkerton or Blue Album...

It does have that vibe of Weezer using the "island EDM" vibe like a lot of radio hits have been lately.

Lyrics seem to have a much darker twist than the song lets on, but at least this won't be Raditude 2.0...right?
  • TheMuralsTheMurals Unsigned
    Maybe if we get more Weezer DLC, they'll knock out one more album like they did with the 2015/2016 wave (Maladroit) and get a song from Hurley.
  • I think there's a very realistic chance of much more Weezer coming later this year.

A new album is coming this summer.

Yea, not sure on the release date but the album is going to be called...

Weezer - Weezer (The Black Album)

• GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    I always get super nervous whenever Weezer releases new stuff.

Their last 2 albums were awesome but I would just really hate for them to put out another bad album and tank all the goodwill they've earned back recently.

That being said, I definitely wanna see some more Weezer DLC, I've been pretty vocal about wanting more from Pinkerton, and the remaining Blue Album songs would be nice too. Also "Do You Wanna Get High?" from their last album would be fun.

Hope it's good!
  • Ouch.. not a fan of that Weezer tune. It's very much radio pop. :(
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior

Ouch.. not a fan of that Weezer tune. It's very much radio pop. :(

I agree, it's a completely different sort of song i'm used to hearing with Weezer. Mind you, i'm still looking forward to the album. They might do like what a certain artist did with their album The 2nd Law and have a mix of genres to cater for a wider audience.
  • Well, with the RBVR announcements out of the way and confirmation that its first DLC is Aerosmith Hits 03, here's my new predictions for the last 2 weeks of March:

3/23 - Solid '70s 02
    Fleetwood Mac - "Never Going Back Again"
    Rush - "The Trees (Vault Edition)"
    Iggy and the Stooges - "Search and Destroy"

3/30 - 00s
    Hoobastank - "The Reason"
    Linkin Park - "One Step Closer"
    Avril Lavigne - "Sk8er Boi"
  • edited March 16
    So here is the list of the new songs coming to RBVR. This will give us some idea of what's to come for DLC. Holy moly I hope we get half, if not all of these.

New to the series:
    Band of Horses – Casual Party
    The Black Cheers – (You're) Breakin' Up
    blink-182 – Bored To Death
    Blondfire – True Confessions
    Dream Theater – Pull Me Under
    The Hunna – You & Me
    Kaleo – Glass House
    Kings of Leon – Use Somebody
    Pierce The Veil – Circles
    Rush – Freewill (Vault Edition)
    Tracy Bonham – Mother Mother
    Carrie Underwood - Church Bells
    Catfish and the Bottlemen - Postpone
    Coldplay - Birds
    Maroon 5 - Maps
    Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait
    Parks - Sweater Sweather
    The Pretty Reckless - Heaven Knows
    The Starting Line - Quitter
    Switchfoot - Float
    The Temper Trap - Alive
    Twin Atlantic - I Am Alive
    The Wind and the Wave - Grand Canyon
    Against The Current – Running With The Wild Things
    Arctic Horror - Black Seas
    AudioDamn! - Lights Out
    Basement - Promise Everything
    The Black Keys - Gold On The Ceiling
    Ghost - Cirice
    Oasis - Champagne Supernova
    OneRepublic - Counting Stars
    Paramore - Ain't It Fun
    The Shelters - Rebel Heart
    Spirit Kid – To My Romeo
  • edited March 16
    I have a feeling we're going to get the first Rock Band VR Track as RB4 DLC this month, so I'll change my predictions for the last two weeks...

3/23 - The Who Essentials 01
    - Pinball Wizard (Rewind)
    - The Real Me
    - Won't Get Fooled Again (Rewind (First VR Carryover)

3/30 - More Punk 01
    - Iggy Pop - The Passenger (Rewind)
    - NOFX - Linoleum
    - Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop (Rewind)

I don't expect to be right as always, so this is only my prediction.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited March 17

Seriously. The White Album was their best album in years. This feels like a step backward.
  • tdc002 said:

I have a feeling we're going to get the first Rock Band VR Track as RB4 DLC this month, so I'll change my predictions for the last two weeks...

- The Real Me

3/30 - More Punk 01
    - NOFX - Linoleum

Seriously. The White Album was their best album in years. This feels like a step backward.
    The good thing is "Thank God For Girls" was the first single from The White Album and it was by far the worst song on The White Album. So hopefully this is the same thing if "Feels Like Summer" is on The Black Album and not a stand alone single.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Call me a pessimist, but I find it hard to believe the rest of the month will be 3 songs a week when so far we've gotten 1 new song each week and not even a rewind every week so far.

Hoping this changes after VR's release
  • GLaDOS said:

Call me a pessimist, but I find it hard to believe the rest of the month will be 3 songs a week when so far we've gotten 1 new song each week and not even a rewind every week so far.

Hoping this changes after VR's release

Well that's why I'm predicting 3 (2 new + 1 rewind), next week is the RBVR release and its day 1 DLC is old RB4 DLC. That said, I'd imagine a big factor is whether RBVR's DLC continues to focus on legacy songs. If it is, we may see a large wave of modern pop or RBVR tracks come in April/May.
  • tdc002 said:

- The Real Me

3/30 - More Punk 01
    - NOFX - Linoleum

The good thing is "Thank God For Girls" was the first single from The White Album and it was by far the worst song on The White Album. So hopefully this is the same thing if "Feels Like Summer" is on The Black Album and not a stand alone single.
    Ah, the Eminem strategy. Put out the poppiest song from the album (that doesn't really go with the rest of the tracks on it) as the first single to get sales and media attention. Pretty sound technique.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

tdc002 said:

- The Real Me

3/30 - More Punk 01
    - NOFX - Linoleum

Eh, I actually prefer "Thank God for Girls" over "Do You Wanna Get High?" The best songs off the album aren't even the releases.
  • One of my favourites from The White Album made it onto RB (King of the World) and before The Black Album was announced I thought there was a chance of another one coming (California Kids). With The Black Album announced and rewind being a thing however I see the representation mostly going something like:
    Feels Like Summer
    Say It Ain't So (rewind)
    Memories, We Are All on Drugs or Keep Fishin'

With maybe a 2nd Black Album song coming later as a single.
This discussion has been closed.