March 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Luck of the Fightin' Irish

Comments

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

One of my favourites from The White Album made it onto RB (King of the World) and before The Black Album was announced I thought there was a chance of another one coming (California Kids). With The Black Album announced and rewind being a thing however I see the representation mostly going something like:
    Feels Like Summer
    Say It Ain't So (rewind)
    Memories, We Are All on Drugs or Keep Fishin'

With maybe a 2nd Black Album song coming later as a single.

I'd still love to get LA Girlz or California Kids from The White Album.
  • tdc002 said:

tdc002 said:

I have a feeling we're going to get the first Rock Band VR Track as RB4 DLC this month, so I'll change my predictions for the last two weeks...

3/23 - The Who Essentials 01
    - Pinball Wizard (Rewind)
    - The Real Me
    - Won't Get Fooled Again (Rewind (First VR Carryover)

3/30 - More Punk 01
    - Iggy Pop - The Passenger (Rewind)
    - NOFX - Linoleum
    - Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop (Rewind)

I don't expect to be right as always, so this is only my prediction.

Ouch.. not a fan of that Weezer tune. It's very much radio pop. :(

Seriously. The White Album was their best album in years. This feels like a step backward.
    The good thing is "Thank God For Girls" was the first single from The White Album and it was by far the worst song on The White Album. So hopefully this is the same thing if "Feels Like Summer" is on The Black Album and not a stand alone single.
    Eh, I actually prefer "Thank God for Girls" over "Do You Wanna Get High?" The best songs off the album aren't even the releases.
    L.A. Girlz
  • One of my favourites from The White Album made it onto RB (King of the World) and before The Black Album was announced I thought there was a chance of another one coming (California Kids). With The Black Album announced and rewind being a thing however I see the representation mostly going something like:
    Feels Like Summer
    Say It Ain't So (rewind)
    Memories, We Are All on Drugs or Keep Fishin'

With maybe a 2nd Black Album song coming later as a single.

I'm still wanting "Cleopatra" from EWBAITE.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    You spelled The Lumineers horribly, horribly wrong.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    I feel like if Rock Band had never gone on hiatus then we definitely would've "Back to the Shack" in a 3-pack with "Cleopatra" and "Da Vinci"

Though I thought that about a lot of bands/songs in the gap years that still haven't gotten...
    WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CAGE THE ELEPHANT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    We are way overdue for a pack of songs from Jet.

Jetpack 01
    Cold Hard ****
    Rollover Dj
    Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    razor63 said:

Jetpack 01

I too agree that Rock Band 4 would've been massively improved with the addition of a Jetpack.
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was improved with a jetpack

ROCK BAND AND GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS ARE THE SAME
    edited March 18

Jetpack 01
    Cold Hard ****
    Rollover Dj

Hasn't Jet been split up for years? That would surely make licensing difficult.

A Jet pack would've sold back in the RB1 days. I'm not so sure now. They were kind of a flash in the pan.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 18
    @tdc002 Yeah, I only see Are You Gonna Be My Girl getting released in the RB4 era as part of Rewind. They did get back together last year but no new songs so far.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner

tdc002 said:

I have a feeling we're going to get the first Rock Band VR Track as RB4 DLC this month, so I'll change my predictions for the last two weeks...

- The Real Me

3/30 - More Punk 01
    - NOFX - Linoleum

Seriously. The White Album was their best album in years. This feels like a step backward.
    The good thing is "Thank God For Girls" was the first single from The White Album and it was by far the worst song on The White Album. So hopefully this is the same thing if "Feels Like Summer" is on The Black Album and not a stand alone single.
    huh... weird "Thank God For Girls" is one of the like 4 Weezer songs I like... I just did not expect it to be considered the worst from an album

tdc002 said:

- The Real Me

3/30 - More Punk 01
    - NOFX - Linoleum

huh... weird "Thank God For Girls" is one of the like 4 Weezer songs I like... I just did not expect it to be considered the worst from an album
    There are far worse Weezer songs in existence. Some people didn't like "(Girl We Got a) Good Thing," but I think that's only if you don't like The Beach Boys. Cuomo said himself the album is almost a tribute to The Beach Boys, and that song is very Beach Boys influenced. Same with "Wind in Our Sail."
  • razor63 said:

Jetpack 01

I too agree that Rock Band 4 would've been massively improved with the addition of a Jetpack.
    We Were Promised Jetpacks and instead we got a Jet single.

The band would be better :p
  • tdc002 said:

- The Real Me

3/30 - More Punk 01
    - NOFX - Linoleum

Most of us hardcore Weezer fans definitely felt out of The White Album it was the worst. I mean it's okay but I love every song on that album a lot more than "TGFG." If you haven't listened to the album yet at least check out "L.A. Girlz," "California Kids," and "Do You Wanna Get High?"
  • tdc002 said:

Jetpack 01
    Cold Hard ****
    Rollover Dj

A Jet pack would've sold back in the RB1 days. I'm not so sure now. They were kind of a flash in the pan.
    I saw Jet open up for Springsteen when he came to Australia.

tdc002 said:

- The Real Me

3/30 - More Punk 01
    - NOFX - Linoleum

Most of us hardcore Weezer fans definitely felt out of The White Album it was the worst. I mean it's okay but I love every song on that album a lot more than "TGFG." If you haven't listened to the album yet at least check out "L.A. Girlz," "California Kids," and "Do You Wanna Get High?"
    IIRC, it wasn't originally meant to be part of the White Album? I thought it was originally just released on its own as a single, but it was so successful, they included it on the album. Maybe I'm wrong. There are slight differences in the single version (which we got as DLC) and the album version.

But yeah, Thank God For Girls reminds me a lot of The Red Album (which is 10 years old next year, damn!)
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    tdc002 said:

tdc002 said:

- The Real Me

3/30 - More Punk 01
    - NOFX - Linoleum

IIRC, it wasn't originally meant to be part of the White Album? I thought it was originally just released on its own as a single, but it was so successful, they included it on the album. Maybe I'm wrong. There are slight differences in the single version (which we got as DLC) and the album version.

But yeah, Thank God For Girls reminds me a lot of The Red Album (which is 10 years old next year, damn!)
    "Thank God For Girls" and "Do You Wanna Get High?" were both released as singles not tied to any album and were said to just be standalone, I'm pretty sure Rivers or somebody said at some point that they were just songs he wanted to make but not as a part of an album.

Then "King of the World" came out when they announced The White Album and they kinda slid into the announcement "oh yeah those last two singles are gonna be here too but go ahead and consider this third one the lead single anyway"

I like "Do You Wanna Get High?" cause instrumentally it sounds like a Pinkerton song. It doesn't really match lyrically with the tone of those songs, but eh, it doesn't really match the tone of the rest of the album it ended up on either.
  • 1993mic1993mic Opening Act
    I liked the White Album. One of the songs that stuck in my head was Jacked Up
  • tdc002 said:

Jetpack 01
    Cold Hard ****
    Rollover Dj

Really? That's pretty cool.
    When I saw Springsteen maybe 15yrs ago, he didn't have anyone open up for him, which is always annoying.. I've been dragged to a few Dave Matthews concerts and he didn't have an opening band either..
  • tdc002 said:

Jetpack 01
    Cold Hard ****
    Rollover Dj

I think they have a new album this year <3
  • ps One Way or Another has been leaked as a RB4 RW, so that's like the first Rock Band VR track to hit RB4
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 20

ps One Way or Another has been leaked as a RB4 RW, so that's like the first Rock Band VR track to hit RB4

I guess we've potentially got our next several months of DLC then, RBVR tracks while RBVR gets old RB DLC which is good news provided everything from RBVR comes over.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited March 20
    1 Rewind + 1 or 2 RBVR tracks on occasion (alternating with new to the series songs?)

This week, it might be back to the old formula; we'll see tomorrow.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

ps One Way or Another has been leaked as a RB4 RW, so that's like the first Rock Band VR track to hit RB4

We've had it since 2008, and it's hardly the first VR track in 4. Some came out in 2007.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

the first? i've been playing some of those RBVR songs in RB4 for over a year now.
  • ps One Way or Another has been leaked as a RB4 RW, so that's like the first Rock Band VR track to hit RB4

Clearly this guy meant first one we didn't have yet as dlc already, that is now dlc and wasn't before (so exclude actual dlc and RB4 tracks).

I'm more curiois to see if they eventually release the RB3 songs as dlc. At first I would've thought no but now I'm not sure.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

Clearly this guy meant first one we didn't have yet as dlc already, that is now dlc and wasn't before (so exclude actual dlc and RB4 tracks).

I'm more curiois to see if they eventually release the RB3 songs as dlc. At first I would've thought no but now I'm not sure.
    it's possible. just because RB3 export is still available doesn't mean they can't license all those songs for individual sale if they choose. all the Blitz songs became available as individual DLC even though Blitz was still available for sale and export, so there's precedent.
  • aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited March 20
    The Rewinds are turning into a necessary evil I guess.. As someone who has all the exports, and doesn't play online (needing common songs with others), they are essentially throwaways to me.. But I guess they sell well, and if they keep the game viable, it's worth it.. I just hope we get a better ratio of brand new to rewinds than we've been getting.. It feels like 1:1 lately.
  • tnevaker said:

it's possible. just because RB3 export is still available doesn't mean they can't license all those songs for individual sale if they choose. all the Blitz songs became available as individual DLC even though Blitz was still available for sale and export, so there's precedent.
    Blitz isn't a good example in this case as the songs were licensed as DLC at the same time as for the game. You can see this by HMX's comments regarding the existence of Foster the People 01 (We wouldn't have got any of the 3 songs in that pack in any form if the pack didn't exist).
    tnevaker said:

The licensing for putting a song on disc, licensing an export, and licensing as DLC is all different (apparently). I think they'd have to wait for the RB3 export to expire (in 2020 I'm assuming?) before being able to offer them as individual DLC. I think part of it has to do with the payout the artist gets? I can't remember. They went into detail about it a long time ago.
This discussion has been closed.