Rock Band VR is headed to the Rift on March 23rd!

edited February 6 in Rock Band VR
Rock Band VR Coming to Oculus Rift on March 23rd

Hey gang,

Today, Harmonix has announced that Rock Band VR is headed to the Oculus Rift on March 23rd! Get familiar with Rock Band VR in our new gameplay video!

Psst…the tracks featured in our gameplay video will be among the core soundtrack of Rock Band VR! They are:
  • Aerosmith – “Walk This Way”
  • The Killers – “When You Were Young”
  • Paramore – “Ain’t It Fun”

Here are some of the great things you’ll experience with Rock Band VR:
  • Performance Gameplay: Experiment with different chords, notes and strum speeds to develop your signature sound and make each song your own.
  • Classic Mode: Demonstrate your technical prowess on the game’s Classic Mode, featuring the Rock Band note highway and scoring that you all know and love.
  • Worldwide Leaderboards: Cement your rock god status by chaining together combos, earning stars and topping the global Rock Band VR leaderboards.
  • High-energy Soundtrack: With more than 60 songs from legendary artists and up-and-coming acts, there’s truly something for everyone.
  • Rock Band VR DLC: Rock Band VR will support its own catalog of DLC to accompany your rock experience. Stay tuned for more DLC details in March.

Rock Band VR will bring you new ways to rock with your band and interact with the crowd in a surreal live performance environment. Special moves, like getting down on your knees or tantalizing the crowd with your behind-the-head shredding, will earn you major points with the fans. Plus, certain moves like banging your head to the beat will increase the length of your Overdrive meter, meaning you’ll want to be fully invested in your performance to get the best score. Performance Mode is where all this magic happens; you’ll be taken through the story of your band, the Autoblasters, from grassroots gigs to spectacular stadiums. The crowd will react to each and every rock pose you choose, adding emphasis to how you express yourself on stage!

We’re also opening up pre-orders today so you can get the game as soon as it’s out, and rock like a legend in a whole new way. Because of Rock Band VR’s performance-focused aesthetic, you’ll need a Rock Band guitar controller to play, and we’ve got perfect pre-order options available to get you up to snuff. For those about to rock, you’ll want the Rock Band VR Guitar Controller Bundle, which will get you a digital copy of Rock Band VR and a wireless Rock Band Fender® Stratocaster® guitar controller. Rock Band VR is compatible with both Xbox One and PlayStation®4 controllers, as well as most other Rock Band controllers. When you purchase this bundle, you can choose between the Xbox One or PlayStation®4 guitar controller.

For a full list of game specifications, plus more details about Rock Band VR, head over to RockBandVR.com, and we’ll see you on the Rift’s stage in March!

Comments

• TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    So, is "Ain't it Fun" March DLC for Rock Band 4?
  • So, is "Ain't it Fun" March DLC for Rock Band 4?

Well, if the peer-review tweet was anything to go off of...

MAYBE!
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited February 6
    With Gold On The Ceiling rumored and Ain't It Fun on disc, I NEED to know what else is on disc!!! I want to want this soooo badly!!!
  • I am so looking forward to Ain't It Fun's release as Rock Band 4 DLC, it's such a good Paramore song that is made in modern times.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

I so hope everything from RBVR (disc and DLC) makes it onto the main platform (RB4).

I could be wrong but I thought that they confirmed that to be the case
    hiimSMAP said:

I so hope everything from RBVR (disc and DLC) makes it onto the main platform (RB4).

I could be wrong but I thought that they confirmed that to be the case
    Initially yes, but that has since been debunked until further notice.
  • So, is "Ain't it Fun" March DLC for Rock Band 4?

MAYBE!
    Can confirm it was not the peer-review tweet.
    @HMXCrisis With "the tracks in our gameplay videos" being in the game, are Gold on the Ceiling and Welcome to the Jungle confirmed?
  • DanManRockerDanManRocker Road Warrior
    Wait, there's no PSVR version? Why? I bought my VR because I thought it was going to be playable on that console.

I'm sorry, but I'm not spending more money on another VR console.

Can't wait for Ain't It Fun, though. I've been waiting for that one since 4 came out.

Wait, there's no PSVR version? Why? I bought my VR because I thought it was going to be playable on that console.

I'm sorry, but I'm not spending more money on another VR console.

Can't wait for Ain't It Fun, though. I've been waiting for that one since 4 came out.

Oculus paid them to make the game. They probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise.
  • HMXCrisis said:

So, is "Ain't it Fun" March DLC for Rock Band 4?

MAYBE!
    Can confirm it was not the peer-review tweet.
    How are those sanacks by the way?

*FIre emoji*
    Hey, is there a way I can trick my PC into thinking I'm running Oculus? Like x360ce does for controllers?
  • Would love to play it but I own a Vive and definitely won't be buying a Rift, hope you guys release it for the Vive etc later because it's a great idea.
  • Isn't the guitar shown in the pre-order bundles on Amazon the Mad Catz model?
  • Pre-orders won't ship to Canada, any idea???
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    Did anybody else feel embarrassed for the person in this commercial?
    There was a level of awkwardness that felt so weird.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Pass. I'm afraid VR is just the new 3D. I bought an Xbox One for RB4, but I'm not dropping 6 bills for Oculus plus a computer upgrade for this.

I hope everyone that picks it up enjoys it.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Cetra said:

Would love to play it but I own a Vive and definitely won't be buying a Rift, hope you guys release it for the Vive etc later because it's a great idea.

Pray for the (hopefully inevitable) ReVive support.

I myself have held up on getting a headset for this long solely to see if RBVR can work through ReVive. If not, I'll just get a Rift, but hopefully I can just nab a Vive since it seems like the better headset anyway.
    uppyb0t said:

Did anybody else feel embarrassed for the person in this commercial?
    There was a level of awkwardness that felt so weird.

I will probably be doing the exact same if not worse. If you're already at the point where you've invested loads of money into DLC, instruments, multiple games and now even a VR headset, why not get into it? Get the most out of that money. Lord knows I will.

I hope this does well, I'd love to see a sequel with voxtar and/or drum support.
  • edited February 7
    I'd like to see a video of actual gameplay. This kind of looks like Performance mode meets Freestyle solos in a sense. Interesting take on Rock Band nonetheless.
  • @HMXCrisis With "the tracks in our gameplay videos" being in the game, are Gold on the Ceiling and Welcome to the Jungle confirmed?

The three tracks showcased in this video are confirmed. Nothing beyond that. :)
    HMXCrisis said:

Psst…the tracks featured in our gameplay video will be among the core soundtrack of Rock Band VR! They are:

HMXCrisis said:

@HMXCrisis With "the tracks in our gameplay videos" being in the game, are Gold on the Ceiling and Welcome to the Jungle confirmed?

The three tracks showcased in this video are confirmed. Nothing beyond that. :)
    HMXCrisis said:

I ain't blind, it's just a matter of time
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    i predict this game will sell in the dozens.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    I'm interested in the idea of this game but MAN the tech is pricy. I may pick it up if getting my own place doesn't rek my wallet that bad...though I suspect it will. Priorities and all. :(
  • edited February 7
    Someone already mentioned PS VR here, but it would be awesome if VR were somehow implemented into Rock Band 4 for PS4. Until then, hope y'alls launch goes well. My old PC isn't really well optimized for VR, plus I already have all the Rock Band I need on PS4. ;)

Oh, and is Rock Band VR for guitar only, or does it also support drums?
    LadyFroey said:

Someone already mentioned PS VR here, but it would be awesome if VR were somehow implemented into Rock Band 4 for PS4. Until then, hope y'alls launch goes well. My old PC isn't really well optimized for VR, plus I already have all the Rock Band I need on PS4. ;)

Oh, and is Rock Band VR for guitar only, or does it also support drums?

Guitar only.

And since Oculus/Facebook is the one that completely funded this project, it will not be coming out on any other VR solution. At least not this version.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    I too hope this does well, but it's not for me right now for too many reasons... as soon as there's a PS-VR version with drums, let me know and I'll spend the dough!

BTW... nitpicking, but I find it kinda silly that there's a "move" for the guitarist to hit the drummers hi-hat... who does that?! The hi-hat is kinda low and doesn't really provide the effect you'd be looking for at a live show. Shouldn't the "move" be the guitarist hitting the drummers crash instead? It's more at the guitarist's headstock height and I can see/have seen guitarists smash that with either their guitar or fist during shows.
  • Pass. I'm afraid VR is just the new 3D. I bought an Xbox One for RB4, but I'm not dropping 6 bills for Oculus plus a computer upgrade for this.

Haha VR is the next 3D...good one, mate. I can tell you never tried a real VR headset, going back to flat screen gaming is impossible once you experience VR. VR isn't going anywhere, it's not a gimmick. It's the most immersive entertainment technology ever invented. There is no going back now.
    maxpare79 said:

Pass. I'm afraid VR is just the new 3D. I bought an Xbox One for RB4, but I'm not dropping 6 bills for Oculus plus a computer upgrade for this.

Haha VR is the next 3D...good one, mate. I can tell you never tried a real VR headset, going back to flat screen gaming is impossible once you experience VR. VR isn't going anywhere, it's not a gimmick. It's the most immersive entertainment technology ever invented. There is no going back now.
    Tried a real one, really enjoyed SUPERHYPERCUBE. More than happy to go back to my PS1.
  • maxpare79 said:

You better hope many other people feel the same...