Rock Band VR is headed to the Rift on March 23rd!
Today, Harmonix has announced that Rock Band VR is headed to the Oculus Rift on March 23rd! Get familiar with Rock Band VR in our new gameplay video!
Psst…the tracks featured in our gameplay video will be among the core soundtrack of Rock Band VR! They are:
- Aerosmith – “Walk This Way”
- The Killers – “When You Were Young”
- Paramore – “Ain’t It Fun”
Here are some of the great things you’ll experience with Rock Band VR:
- Performance Gameplay: Experiment with different chords, notes and strum speeds to develop your signature sound and make each song your own.
- Classic Mode: Demonstrate your technical prowess on the game’s Classic Mode, featuring the Rock Band note highway and scoring that you all know and love.
- Worldwide Leaderboards: Cement your rock god status by chaining together combos, earning stars and topping the global Rock Band VR leaderboards.
- High-energy Soundtrack: With more than 60 songs from legendary artists and up-and-coming acts, there’s truly something for everyone.
- Rock Band VR DLC: Rock Band VR will support its own catalog of DLC to accompany your rock experience. Stay tuned for more DLC details in March.
Rock Band VR will bring you new ways to rock with your band and interact with the crowd in a surreal live performance environment. Special moves, like getting down on your knees or tantalizing the crowd with your behind-the-head shredding, will earn you major points with the fans. Plus, certain moves like banging your head to the beat will increase the length of your Overdrive meter, meaning you’ll want to be fully invested in your performance to get the best score. Performance Mode is where all this magic happens; you’ll be taken through the story of your band, the Autoblasters, from grassroots gigs to spectacular stadiums. The crowd will react to each and every rock pose you choose, adding emphasis to how you express yourself on stage!
We’re also opening up pre-orders today so you can get the game as soon as it’s out, and rock like a legend in a whole new way. Because of Rock Band VR’s performance-focused aesthetic, you’ll need a Rock Band guitar controller to play, and we’ve got perfect pre-order options available to get you up to snuff. For those about to rock, you’ll want the Rock Band VR Guitar Controller Bundle, which will get you a digital copy of Rock Band VR and a wireless Rock Band Fender® Stratocaster® guitar controller. Rock Band VR is compatible with both Xbox One and PlayStation®4 controllers, as well as most other Rock Band controllers. When you purchase this bundle, you can choose between the Xbox One or PlayStation®4 guitar controller.
For a full list of game specifications, plus more details about Rock Band VR, head over to RockBandVR.com, and we’ll see you on the Rift’s stage in March!