11 Free Tracks from Local Bands headed to Rock Band Rivals

edited May 2 in Rock Band
TRC Tracks

Hey gang!

Coming with an update in March, Rock Band Rivals is getting 11 FREE new tracks! Harmonix has teamed up with The Record Co. – a non-profit music incubator with a mission to build a sustainable, nationally-recognized music scene in Boston – to bring new songs from some up-and-coming Boston bands to all Rivals owners! This new collection brings the total library of songs available to Rock Band Rivals owners to 89, including 65 songs on the disc and 24 as part of the Rivals upgrade. You’ll have plenty to choose from when playing with your friends online, and even more to work with during each Weekly Challenge.

Here’s a list of tracks from The Record Co. that are coming to Rivals owners for free. Get the details about each song below with commentary from our resident head honcho of the Audio QA team, Nick Gregoire!

1. Animal Flag - “Sink”
  2. Bent Knee – “These Hands”
  3. Black Beach - “No Place For Me”
  4. Creaturos - “History Repeats”
  5. Dutch ReBelle - “RudeBoys”
  6. Julie Rhodes - “Hurry Up (& Wait For You)”
  7. Littlefoot - “Casablanca”
  8. Michael Christmas - “Cross That Line”
  9. Ruby Rose Fox - “Skydiver”
  10. STL GLD - “Good”
  11. Tigerman WOAH - “Alone Time”

Comments

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    HMXOwl said:

Now that the internet works again...

...you just need to fix the link above that says "READ THE FULL BLOG" to actually link you to the full blog. Get on it Owlman!
  • Hopefully we'll see these songs on the livestream today.
  • THX HMX!! Screw the people who haven't gotten Rivals yet. Rivals is awesome but has paid for itself in just free songs. BTW the first 13 songs are pretty awesome!!
  • edited February 28

Brilliant news guys. You've been killing it recently with the SCEE fixes, rewind tracks, QUALITY over quantity with the recent DLC and now this!

<3
  • ynglinkynglink Unsigned
    But does the band Littlefoot dress up as dinosaurs. That's all I need to know!
  • ynglink said:

UGH I HOPE SO
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited February 28
    Unlockable dinosaur costume confirmed!

Barney, we're gettin' the band back together!
  • Oh I know of Animal Flag...mostly because of their cover of My Little Pony's "The Laughter Song" for a charity

but yeah I am pretty excited, the last set of free stuff was really good
  • This is really cool and I'm glad you guys do stuff like this. Would love to see some underground bands from other cities but I understand that Boston-based bands are probably easier for you to pull off.
  • HMXCrisis said:

ynglink said:

UGH I HOPE SO
    OPEN THE DOOR

GET ON THE FLOOR

EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR.
  • I notice that 2 songs from Beast aren't part of this update: Palehound's Sugary and Pile's Keep the Last Light On. I wonder if they'll become DLC later, patch stuff later, or there's some complication likely keeping them from coming at all.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    This day just keeps getting better, don't it?! ;)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Wow, what a nice bonus! One of these days you'll include a song from Juliana Hatfield and / or The Upper Crust and I'll go nuts with excitement.

But this is also pretty cool.
  • what if I don't want the tracks? Am I forced to store them regardless?
  • what if I don't want the tracks? Am I forced to store them regardless?

Idiot.
  • TheMurals said:

I notice that 2 songs from Beast aren't part of this update: Palehound's Sugary and Pile's Keep the Last Light On. I wonder if they'll become DLC later, patch stuff later, or there's some complication likely keeping them from coming at all.

The latter. There were some complications getting these tracks secured.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I'm only four tracks into the eleven we're getting, and there's some great tunes here. Maybe even a better batch than last time (no offense, Bethany). Big thanks to Harmonix for including so many free songs with Rivals. It really adds value to the expansion, introduces us to a bunch of new music from HMX's hometown, and even almost makes up for getting less DLC lately.

Almost.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Here's my thoughts so far:

Sink - Damn, I really like this one. It's exactly my kind of music.
    Skydiver - I prefer it to Painkiller, but both are good. This is just really good, and again, my kind of music.
    No Place for Me - I'm not a punk fan, but it's cool for those that like hardcore punk.
    Cross That Line - Smooth, but again, too jazzy for my tastes.
    Good - Not really a rap fan, but it's cool to get some in game. 5 gold * here I come!
    Casablanca - Pretty decent. Good for the game, but not something I would listen to outside of it.
    RudeBoys - Not a huge hip-hop fan, but the instrumentation is fun.
    History Repeats - Not my kinda thing, but probably good fun for guitarists, and drummers.
    Hurry Up (& Wait For You) - Has old-skool vibes. Pretty cool, and Julie Rhodes has a good voice.
    Alone Time - Weren't kidding about a deep voice. Sounds cool, decent harmonies.
    These Hands - Throwback vibes again, good build-up and crescendo. Sounds fun.

For those who can't find the tracks, here's the bandcamp (didn't see them on Youtube anywhere): https://bostonsessions.bandcamp.com/releases
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 28
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Loving these free tracks and it makes online much more interesting when you run into someone with limited DLC!

EDIT: Animal Flag sounds like The Cure instrumentally.
  • tragedy719tragedy719 Unsigned
    edited February 28

what if I don't want the tracks? Am I forced to store them regardless?

Idiot.
    Glad you think so.
    It's actually a valid question. "What if i don't want them?"

I don't seem to have the ability to opt out of these songs because it comes as part of a game update. you know - bug fixes and stuff.

I realise it's a question that sounds selfish and ungrateful but shouldn't I have a choice as to what DLC makes it to my machine? It is DLC after all
  • After a quick listen of each track, there's definitely diversity!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    So are these all going to be attributed to the Beast compilation album? Just curious.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    more free songs is cool and all, but i'm more excited to see what is coming as part of this March update. hopefully random matchmaking for online play.
  • Looked up some of the artists on YouTube, REALLY good stuff! These are awesome additions Harmonix! <3
  • The Black Beach have their stuff for free on their bandcamp.