11 Free Tracks from Local Bands headed to Rock Band Rivals

Comments

• patl175patl175 Unsigned
    edited February 28
    Am i right in saying that except for the songs we dont know whats in the patch yet? But 11 free songs is already an amazing patch!
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    Can we get the kick ass songs from the Rock Band 4 menu? Would much prefer them than these soft not-so-rockish tracks..
  • I'm always open to discovering new bands, it was through RBN that I discovered Demon Hunter and Anarchy Club. As long as this time, we don't get the same song as a Rivals challenge spotlight song twice again! LOL :p
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner

what if I don't want the tracks? Am I forced to store them regardless?

Idiot.
    Glad you think so.
    It's actually a valid question. "What if i don't want them?"

I don't seem to have the ability to opt out of these songs because it comes as part of a game update. you know - bug fixes and stuff.

I realise it's a question that sounds selfish and ungrateful but shouldn't I have a choice as to what DLC makes it to my machine? It is DLC after all
    These are more like bonus disc songs. Everyone gets to have them and everyone has to have them. No choice.

If you really don't want them you can:

Delete Rivals

Disconnect when playing so you don't get the update

1 lighter them and just deal with the space they take up
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned

what if I don't want the tracks? Am I forced to store them regardless?

Idiot.
    Glad you think so.
    It's actually a valid question. "What if i don't want them?"

I don't seem to have the ability to opt out of these songs because it comes as part of a game update. you know - bug fixes and stuff.

I realise it's a question that sounds selfish and ungrateful but shouldn't I have a choice as to what DLC makes it to my machine? It is DLC after all
    These are more like bonus disc songs. Everyone gets to have them and everyone has to have them. No choice.

If you really don't want them you can:

Delete Rivals

Disconnect when playing so you don't get the update

1 lighter them and just deal with the space they take up
    Or just like, don't play em?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    itzJV said:

Can we get the kick ass songs from the Rock Band 4 menu? Would much prefer them than these soft not-so-rockish tracks..

We've been told several of them aren't even portions of completed full songs. They're just sound bites made to sound plausibly like they could be from real full songs.
  • XtremeNightsXtremeNights Opening Act

And here is a playlist with just the 11 songs and not the 13!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

itzJV said:

We've been told several of them aren't even portions of completed full songs. They're just sound bites made to sound plausibly like they could be from real full songs.
    They're definitely full songs, they're in the credits. Back in RB3, some authoring group got most of the RB3 menu music in the game through RBN.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    I would also like to be able to opt out of having these.
    Some of us own 500 GB XBOs that aren't connected online 100% of the time and have Quantum Break.
  • itzJV said:

I will give a try. But I was hoping for the songs in the menu too
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    tdc002 said:

They're definitely full songs, they're in the credits. Back in RB3, some authoring group got most of the RB3 menu music in the game through RBN.

I know the much-requested "Serpenteen" by Spectre Hawk (aka "SHAKE, TWIST, RATTLE AND HISS") is indeed a full song, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see it as a free song down the line.

Also, did they really get most of the RB3 menu music in RBN? I thought only "More" by Down June and "Everything I Hate About Myself" by Death of the Cool made it in. There's still five others that never saw a release as far as I know, but maybe they charted them and just never got them released (?)
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act

tdc002 said:

I know the much-requested "Serpenteen" by Spectre Hawk (aka "SHAKE, TWIST, RATTLE AND HISS") is indeed a full song, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see it as a free song down the line.

Also, did they really get most of the RB3 menu music in RBN? I thought only "More" by Down June and "Everything I Hate About Myself" by Death of the Cool made it in. There's still five others that never saw a release as far as I know, but maybe they charted them and just never got them released (?)
    Some of the Blitz menu tracks were in RBN. I know The Main Drag's 'Homosuperior' was one of them.

Pretty sure a few more RB3 menu tracks made it, too.
  • NavyCherubNavyCherub Unsigned
    Oh man, some honest-to-goodness hip hop in Rock Band again. That makes me supremely happy.
  • Tofu_HanaTofu_Hana Unsigned
    Cool. Free music. #whensAqubats
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    This is great and all, but "Closer, Closer" and "S.O.M.P" is still not available on spotify :(
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited March 1
    dinoman said:

This is great and all, but "Closer, Closer" and "S.O.M.P" is still not available on spotify :(

You can listen to "Closer, Closer" on Bandcamp and YouTube, but "S.O.M.P." has yet to see a digital release. I'd love to see one, though.

Pretty sure a few more RB3 menu tracks made it, too.

I checked DLC Quickplay and no other RB3 menu songs outside of the two I mentioned were listed as part of RBN, so it doesn't seem like it.
  • JayRenaissanceJayRenaissance Road Warrior
    edited March 1
    "Casablanca", "Good", "Sink", "Cross That line", and "Skydiver" were interesting enough to purchase (an mp3 of) for me, which is a more than the last set. Admittedly, if you like hip-hop, this is a great set of tracks. Of them, though, "Skydiver" is thus far my favorite.
  • My favorites of the 11 tracks are Skydiver, No Place for Me, These Hands, Hurry Up (& Wait For You), and Alone Time.

Looking forward to playing them when the March Patch comes out.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    does that mean the March update will also start filtering 1-lightered songs from appearing when playing in Shows mode?

P.S. this new spam filter is REALLY **** ANNOYING. 180-second cooldown between posts? tone it down a little, huh?
  • tnevaker said:

does that mean the March update will also start filtering 1-lightered songs from appearing when playing in Shows mode?

P.S. this new spam filter is REALLY **** ANNOYING. 180-second cooldown between posts? tone it down a little, huh?

3min it was 5min, @HMXOwl could we go a little lower? please
  • KKFan5 said:

tnevaker said:

I'm trying a thing to see what fits our needs.
  • HMXOwl said:

KKFan5 said:

tnevaker said:

I think a minute and a half would be suffice
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited March 1
    HMXOwl said:

KKFan5 said:

tnevaker said:

I'm trying a thing to see what fits both the users' needs AND our needs.
    FTFY. I know you guys want to put a stop to ghost threads and spam posts, but 3 minutes can feel like 10 if it's an important topic being discussed. 3's better than 5, but 2 would be a bit better than 3. KKFan has the right idea though.

Just saying.
  • KKFan5 said:

HMXOwl said:

KKFan5 said:

tnevaker said:

I think a minute and a half would be suffice
    The gap between posts is already shorter than that. There's ONE minute between posts. Racing that hits the wall.
  • So I guess the spam filter is applied to essentially act as the replacement to the strict sign up approach set in September as a result of the major spam attacks?