11 Free Tracks from Local Bands headed to Rock Band Rivals

Comments

• I wonder if it's anything like the blizzard we had in DC around January last year! That was some epic snow fall - though admittedly less so if you needed to get to work... Some dorm mates of mine even helped move a car that was stuck in the snow at E st.
  • I'm assuming that since one of these songs is a spotlight song for the weekly challenge that the update will go live this afternoon before the challenge starts at 3PM?
  • Yup supposed to be up today. I'd assume by noon?
  • chasemonkeychasemonkey Unsigned
    edited March 16
    Thanks man. They did do a post with all the details of what today's update contains.

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-rivals-march-update-notes/
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 16
    The Patch Is Now Live For PS4 USA!

EDIT: You do have to manually start the update (Hit options button over the game> Check for Update). Well at least a few minutes ago you did ;)!
  • The Patch Is Now Live For PS4 USA!

And for XB1 USA!
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned

And for XB1 USA!
    And for Xbox One worldwide seemingly.
    Though I don't know for you, but Xbox servers seems hammered right now

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 16
    I don't see the update.

EDIT: Nevermind, starting the game forced the update.
  • yoann007 said:

And for XB1 USA!
    And for Xbox One worldwide seemingly.
    Though I don't know for you, but Xbox servers seems hammered right now

My download is doing ok. Almost finished, which is pretty quick, considering it is over 9 GB.
  • Are all the songs supposed to have the same album art?
  • @Rock_Starman Yes, because they were created for the same album.
  • Ouch these songs are boring lol

Haven't had the chance to play them yet, but I'd take boring over Hour of Rats any day!

(nothing against folks who like that sort of music - just really not my style at all)
  • edited March 17
    Tyrus1235 said:

Ouch these songs are boring lol

Haven't had the chance to play them yet, but I'd take boring over Hour of Rats any day!

(nothing against folks who like that sort of music - just really not my style at all)
    How you dare, our only deathgrind song.
    Edit: with a touch of -core.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    FLAGGED
  • nystargatenystargate Unsigned
    So far I only played the 3 songs that show up in this weeks rivals challenge. I love the Spotlight song, Hurry Up And Wait, but I hate the 2 hip hop songs. I rarely use the 1 star rating, but these got it. And I like hip/hop and rap. But these are not for me...
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    I'll never complain about free tunes, but I will definitely say that the first batch of Rivals songs was WAY more up my alley than this new stuff. Bearstronaut's "Shadow" is one of my favorite new songs of the RB4 era, whereas a lot of the songs in this batch seem kinda forgettable to me.

But who knows, maybe they'll grow on me more, either way it's super awesome that not only is Harmonix adding value to Rivals owners like this but also that indie bands like this can get more exposure and more fans.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    Yup, I agree that the first batch was overall much better. Shadow, Mean Girls, Pain Killer... so many great tracks.

There were good songs in this second set, but as a whole, the previous was more to my tastes.
  • NavyCherubNavyCherub Unsigned
    I'm definitely on the other side. The first batch was ok, but I love basically every song in this new one.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    Worshipper made the first pack for me. Lacking metal this time around bums me out but I'll be fine.
  • I'm (mainly) a drummer... so it's hard to not like any new song.
    Jadiou said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this but I love that they removed the crew activity notifications from the "Activity Feed" on the main menu. Finally I can see the taunts I'm receiving again <3</p>

ohhh I didn't notice this... granted it was on the first night and my crew hadn't played anything. Thanks for the Fix! :)
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    I would say my top ten of the rivals songs would be

1. Goddamn Draculas - "Bethany"
    2. Parlour Bells - "Never Let 'Em Hold Ya Back"
    3. Animal Flag - "Sink"
    4. Worshipper - "Black Corridor"
    5. Julie Rhodes - "Hurry Up (& Wait For You)
    6. Ruby Rose Fox - "Skydiver"
    7. Littlefoot - "Casablanca"
    8. Bearstronaut - "Shadow"
    9. Party Bois - "True Confessional"
    10. Bent Knee - "These Hands"

I was very surpried how much I like "Skydiver" because the other Ruby Rose Fox song is the only one from the first pack that I hate
  • JayRenaissanceJayRenaissance Road Warrior
    There were not 10 that I liked between the 24.

1. Ruby Rose Fox - "Skydiver"
    2. Ruby Rose Fox - "Painkiller"
    3. Littlefoot - "Casablanca"
    4. Animal Flag - "Sink"
    5. Dutch Re Belle - "RudeBoys"
    6. Michael Christmas - "Cross That Line"

That said, I'm still highly appreciative for six free tracks, so this is FAR from a complaint!
  • VelvienVelvien Unsigned
    For me:

1. The Warning Shots - Closer, Closer (arguably my favorite song of last year)
    2. Worshipper - Black Corridor
    3. Parlour Bells - Never Let ‘Em Hold Ya Back
    4. Tigerman WOAH - Alone Time
    5. Ruby Rose Fox - Skydiver
    6. Skratch'n Snyff - S.O.M.P.
    7. Ruby Rose Fox - Pain Killer
    8. Newfane - I Recognize
    9. Julie Rhodes - Hurry Up (& Wait for You)
    10. Animal Flag - Sink
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    The only free track I actually go out of my way to play is "Shadow" but it's one of my favorites in the game, so it justifies all of it to me
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    I couldn't begin to make a top ten, but as far as free songs go, Shadow, SOMP, and Closer, Closer are the ones I like the best.

I have yet to play all of the current set, but I am not too thrilled with those I have so far. Oh well, free at least.