11 Free Tracks from Local Bands headed to Rock Band Rivals

Comments

• Shadow and Closer Closer are my favorites.
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    This is great for those that want these, but not all of us want these songs.
    I don't want these songs, just like I didn't want the last free bunch of songs. Stop FORCING them on us, make it optional. Is that so hard!?

This is twice now that we have been forced to receive songs from nothing bands. At this point since there isn't anyway to remove them, I will have no choice but to remove revivals all together to get rid of them.

If I had a way to properly hide the music it wouldn't be so bad, but your current way is broke, just like it was in RB3. If it is easy to accidentally hide a song, then the feature is a failure.
  • Dekieon said:

This is great for those that want these, but not all of us want these songs.
    I don't want these songs, just like I didn't want the last free bunch of songs. Stop FORCING them on us, make it optional. Is that so hard!?

This is twice now that we have been forced to receive songs from nothing bands. At this point since there isn't anyway to remove them, I will have no choice but to remove revivals all together to get rid of them.

If I had a way to properly hide the music it wouldn't be so bad, but your current way is broke, just like it was in RB3. If it is easy to accidentally hide a song, then the feature is a failure.

As much as I disliked this newest batch, I'm polite about it at the very least. I just don't play them.
    Is it that hard?
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    edited March 25
    You just have to one star rate them and hide one star tracks and the problem is solved, no need to get mad at free songs lol
  • patl175 said:

You just have to one star rate them and hide one star tracks and the problem is solved, no need to get mad at free songs lol

Yea!! #AllSongsMatter
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    patl175 said:

Not that I agree with indignant poster's attitude, but the hide 1-star thing only works in quick play at present.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned

patl175 said:

Not that I agree with indignant poster's attitude, but the hide 1-star thing only works in quick play at present.
    Really?!?! Lol i never noticed that, my bad i guess
  • Some people just aren't happy if they ain't complaining.
  • tragedy719tragedy719 Unsigned
    My attitude would be the same if my local supermarket did something like this:

Instead of bagging my groceries in the normal way, they packed them in handbags. There's no choice in the matter, you get your groceries packed in handbags. The nearest competition is so far strange I can buy groceries from there, but I just get to look at them cos i don't really own any of the groceries.

They're also low-quality, funky-looking things made by some back garage groups and a grand total of Zero suit my taste, and once my shopping is done I find I have 11 of them

Now some will say "You Beauty! Free Handbags." and you know what - bully for you. Go for your flamin life. I don't understand why you like them just as much as you don't understand why I don't.

To add to the chaos, when I talked to the managers, they said "Look, they're free. You don't have to like them, but they don't take up much storage space. If you really don't want to use them just "lighter" them.

Look you know I COULD do that, but then I've got to worry about what the fumes are doing to the atmosphere and I have to clean up the ashes. That's more time and effort than I want to put into getting rid of them.

Just give me the choice. Noone is judging the people who are walking away happy with all the free handbags. Don't judge me because I don't want any.
  • Do you like all of the RB4 on disc songs?

Hmx are treating these like Rivals disc songs. You might like them or you might not, but you are stuck with them either way.
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned
    Do you use all in-game clothes on your character? No? BUT THEY'RE TAKING SPACE
  • yoann007 said:

There are RB4 disc songs I don't care for. Clothes and venues. Hell even a game mode or two. Can I delete any of those? Nope.

yoann007 said:

There are RB4 disc songs I don't care for. Clothes and venues. Hell even a game mode or two. Can I delete any of those? Nope.
    À la carte Games™
    edited March 26

Do you like all of the RB4 on disc songs?

Hmx are treating these like Rivals disc songs. You might like them or you might not, but you are stuck with them either way.

This is true. They are being treated like that even though they are not disc songs. They're DLC...or they're not. Depends on who is replying from HMX. They're after-market releases being electronically added, so the option to choose whether I want to add them to my library could have been applied.
    yoann007 said:

I don't have to scroll past all the clothes when choosing songs

I chose to buy the disc knowing what was on it, and therein lies the difference.

Sometimes I reckon you're just missing the point. What's there to not like?

HMX supporting their local music industry? Yay for them.
    (although the more they do this, the more they are in danger of becoming a regional game instead of an international one)

HMX giving away songs for free? YES

HMX giving songs for free so that people around the world can taste what Boston has to offer? Sure

HMX making them available as part of an update? If that's how they want to handle it, ok.

HMX not giving me any choice in the matter? Oh yeah. That's the part I don't like

That last line is the point. It's not about whether I like the songs or not, or whether I want the songs or not, or if I want to play them or worry about my hard drive space etc etc. It's about being forced to take DLC and not having any choice.
  • Do you like all of the RB4 on disc songs?

This is true. They are being treated like that even though they are not disc songs. They're DLC...or they're not. Depends on who is replying from HMX. They're after-market releases being electronically added, so the option to choose whether I want to add them to my library could have been applied.
    yoann007 said:

I chose to buy the disc knowing what was on it, and therein lies the difference.

Sometimes I reckon you're just missing the point. What's there to not like?

HMX supporting their local music industry? Yay for them.
    (although the more they do this, the more they are in danger of becoming a regional game instead of an international one)

HMX giving away songs for free? YES

HMX giving songs for free so that people around the world can taste what Boston has to offer? Sure

HMX making them available as part of an update? If that's how they want to handle it, ok.

HMX not giving me any choice in the matter? Oh yeah. That's the part I don't like

That last line is the point. It's not about whether I like the songs or not, or whether I want the songs or not, or if I want to play them or worry about my hard drive space etc etc. It's about being forced to take DLC and not having any choice.
    Even I think that this is a little aggressive.
    edited March 27
    Xzalor said:

^ This is a waste of everyone's time lmao

no one is forcing you to read it roflmao >:) :D
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    look on the bright side: at least it's not the newest U2 album.

yoann007 said:

JUST-HIDE-THE-FRIGGIN-SONGS-ALREADY

(but you have to scroll past all the clothes when choosing clothes .__. )
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Arcanon said:

EDIT: Surprised I only got one typo in this entire wall of text considering I wrote this all on mobile.

Two, actually.
    Arcanon said:

The Rivals expansion is effectively a seaaon pass

• I want to keep the songs and Rockudrama but want to delete the Rivals and online features.

It isn't fair Hmx is forcing these things on me. I should be able to choose the features I want to download. And don't give me that whole "these would be considered disc features" bull. I was forced to download them.

/sarcasm
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
  • Wife: Are you coming to bed?
    Husband: I can't. This is important.
    Wife: What?
    Husband: Someone is posting old lame ass memes on the internet.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 27
    WRONG

• Wife: Are you coming to bed?

Did I miss the dead gorilla?
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    Wildcat15 said:

Wife: Are you coming to bed?

Did I miss the dead gorilla?
    I wish they had missed the gorilla :(