Introducing Our Next Game: DropMix [the Discussion Thread]

Comments

• comlabcomlab Unsigned

I don't know if it's shallow, but I do know that I watched the whole 50min video and I still don't "get it".. The tech is admittedly very cool, and that's what is intriguing to me, but I absolutely don't understand the whole scoring system..

Same here, i will buy it as I like card / board games and music, but so far I don't understand how the scoring works. Had difficulties to understand the explanation in video due to the beat :wink: HMX should at some point in time explain this step by step, so that older generations get it :smiley:
  • Do the recent reductions in workforce at Harmonix change the outlook for Dropmix at all?

Not in the slightest.
    itsjaz said:

Is there a worldwide release or US only?

Yep, it'll be global!
    comlab said:

Same here, i will buy it as I like card / board games and music, but so far I don't understand how the scoring works. Had difficulties to understand the explanation in video due to the beat :wink: HMX should at some point in time explain this step by step, so that older generations get it :smiley:

Relatively simple breakdown:
    • You get one point for every card you play.
    • You get a bonus point if you play a color that isn't already in the mix (If you play a wild and fill two unfilled colors, that's two bonus points).
    • You get a bonus point if you have the full mix (All five cards in play are yours).
    • Some FX cards can give you bonus points, either by letting you play extra cards or if you meet certain criteria (e.g. Play a synth card or +1 point if you have a blue card in play)
    • You lose a point if your cards are removed from play via the Equalizer or an FX card (This only affects when cards are removed from the board. Playing over a card doesn't make them lose points.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    @HMXJosh random question I just thought of: will the international releases be localized? Are the software/cards going to be partially or completely translated?
  • @HMXJosh random question I just thought of: will the international releases be localized? Are the software/cards going to be partially or completely translated?

Software will, but the cards don't have any text on them aside from the artist and song title (Which wouldn't get translated even if we were translating other text).
  • Nygren93Nygren93 Unsigned
    Does the app work with Sony Xperia z3? The Sony mobiles were not listed as supported devices at the dropmix website.
    @HMXJosh did I understand discover packs right: to obtain a certain playlist or playlists, one has to buy a complete series of discover packs. Or can a single playlist be spread across multiple series?
  • edited August 9

@HMXJosh did I understand discover packs right: to obtain a certain playlist or playlists, one has to buy a complete series of discover packs. Or can a single playlist be spread across multiple series?

They can be spread across multiple series, but we plan to release multiple series together, so all cards in a playlist will be available together. (For example, Dapper, Seer, Hightower, and Puff are mixed through Series 1 & 2, and they'll be releasing at the same time)

Also, for those looking to buy online, I've been hearing that many online retailers will be offering them in a bundle with the full series, so collectors can buy a full series of Discover Packs for $30.
  • Nygren93Nygren93 Unsigned
    @HMXJosh does the app support all devices running on Android 5 and above? :)
  • Nygren93 said:

@HMXJosh does the app support all devices running on Android 5 and above? :)

I'm not sure, we're still finalizing our hardware requirements!
  • I hate to be a naysayer, but this just seems like a failed experiment in the making.

I'm happy to be wrong, I sincerely want Harmonix to succeed, but I cannot see there being any sort of market for a $100 music card game with $15 expansions.

Rock Band already looks to be on life support, putting out one new song each week, and Amplitude, a budget game with a cult following, didn't sell enough copies to warrant even a single DLC track.

life support? great just went out and bought rb4 and all the dumb gadgets to play on xbox...
  • great just went out and bought rb4 and all the dumb gadgets to play on xbox...

Welcome to the family! We're almost six months out from when that comment was made, and Rock Band is still going strong! We just finished the first Season in the new Rivals Seasons mode, we just dropped 83 new missions into the game last Thursday, we just dropped two free songs for Rivals owners last week, with two more coming this week, Season 2 starts in nine days, and we've still got new DLC hitting the store every week.

I wouldn't worry about your purchase. Thanks for joining us, and enjoy the game. :)
    @HMXJosh looking at the FAQ on Hasbro's Dropmix page, I found the following bit on availability:

"DropMix will be sold in select retailers in the following launch markets coming in Fall 2017

- US, Canada, Chile, Mexico, UK, France, Spain, Australia, and New Zealand (subject to availability)"

Please tell me this isn't the full list of countries. It would suck having to order from across the continent.
  • New Zealand (subject to availability)"

Yay?

No one is listing it yet, but fingers crossed.
    @HMXJosh this might be a silly question, but the app will be available everywhere (at least on Android), right? There won't be some weird regional blocks on downloading it?

Also, any idea if Amazon is still supposed to get the playlist packs, and some kind of bundle for the discover packs? Getting all discover pack cards internationally will be pretty impossible without bundles.
  • There are currently region blocks.