Introducing Our Next Game: DropMix [the Discussion Thread]

Comments

• comlabcomlab Unsigned

I don't know if it's shallow, but I do know that I watched the whole 50min video and I still don't "get it".. The tech is admittedly very cool, and that's what is intriguing to me, but I absolutely don't understand the whole scoring system..

Same here, i will buy it as I like card / board games and music, but so far I don't understand how the scoring works. Had difficulties to understand the explanation in video due to the beat :wink: HMX should at some point in time explain this step by step, so that older generations get it :smiley:
  • Do the recent reductions in workforce at Harmonix change the outlook for Dropmix at all?

Not in the slightest.
    itsjaz said:

Is there a worldwide release or US only?

Yep, it'll be global!
    comlab said:

Same here, i will buy it as I like card / board games and music, but so far I don't understand how the scoring works. Had difficulties to understand the explanation in video due to the beat :wink: HMX should at some point in time explain this step by step, so that older generations get it :smiley:

Relatively simple breakdown:
    • You get one point for every card you play.
    • You get a bonus point if you play a color that isn't already in the mix (If you play a wild and fill two unfilled colors, that's two bonus points).
    • You get a bonus point if you have the full mix (All five cards in play are yours).
    • Some FX cards can give you bonus points, either by letting you play extra cards or if you meet certain criteria (e.g. Play a synth card or +1 point if you have a blue card in play)
    • You lose a point if your cards are removed from play via the Equalizer or an FX card (This only affects when cards are removed from the board. Playing over a card doesn't make them lose points.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    @HMXJosh random question I just thought of: will the international releases be localized? Are the software/cards going to be partially or completely translated?
  • @HMXJosh random question I just thought of: will the international releases be localized? Are the software/cards going to be partially or completely translated?

Software will, but the cards don't have any text on them aside from the artist and song title (Which wouldn't get translated even if we were translating other text).