Introducing Our Next Game: DropMix [the Discussion Thread]

Comments

• comlabcomlab Unsigned

I don't know if it's shallow, but I do know that I watched the whole 50min video and I still don't "get it".. The tech is admittedly very cool, and that's what is intriguing to me, but I absolutely don't understand the whole scoring system..

Same here, i will buy it as I like card / board games and music, but so far I don't understand how the scoring works. Had difficulties to understand the explanation in video due to the beat :wink: HMX should at some point in time explain this step by step, so that older generations get it :smiley:
  • Do the recent reductions in workforce at Harmonix change the outlook for Dropmix at all?

Not in the slightest.
    itsjaz said:

Is there a worldwide release or US only?

Yep, it'll be global!
    comlab said:

Same here, i will buy it as I like card / board games and music, but so far I don't understand how the scoring works. Had difficulties to understand the explanation in video due to the beat :wink: HMX should at some point in time explain this step by step, so that older generations get it :smiley:

Relatively simple breakdown:
    • You get one point for every card you play.
    • You get a bonus point if you play a color that isn't already in the mix (If you play a wild and fill two unfilled colors, that's two bonus points).
    • You get a bonus point if you have the full mix (All five cards in play are yours).
    • Some FX cards can give you bonus points, either by letting you play extra cards or if you meet certain criteria (e.g. Play a synth card or +1 point if you have a blue card in play)
    • You lose a point if your cards are removed from play via the Equalizer or an FX card (This only affects when cards are removed from the board. Playing over a card doesn't make them lose points.