Are you going to buy DropMix?

CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
Really curious. Who wants to buy this game? I'm not trying to force answers today, but I think it would be interesting to see how many people on the forums wants this game.

I'm 50/50 right now. There's some good songs, and the price-tag is somewhat okay. Though, I am not sure if I need this in my life.

Comments

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Same boat... it looks like an interesting thing to play with my kid... but how long it would hold either of our interest is worrisome at that price and cost for expansion packs.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 10
    Probably not due to Switch, pretty sure 2017 is going to be the year where being a Nintendo fan becomes very expensive and with the HMX front RB4 takes priority over everything else. But the concept looks interesting at the least.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Not at all. Far more substantial games can be found for $99 before expansions.
  • No.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I'm 1/99.
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    I'm a sucker for buying packs of trading cards, but the entry price is steep enough that I'd need to be impressed first before spending that much money.
  • KelkeeKelkee Unsigned
    I'm out on this. But I hope it does well.

HMX partnering with Hasbro can only lead to good things.
  • ynglinkynglink Unsigned
    I feel this is going to be one of those games that most people will have to try before buying. With anything that's higher in price (esp tabletop related), I am always cautious before buying as I personally need to feel I'll get my money's worth out of the product. It's the reason why I still haven't gotten any of the expansions to Arkham Horror, regardless of how much I really like that game.

So basically, I'd like to try it before I buy it. At that moment I'll be able to make an actual decision.
  • Looks pretty fun. Spending money isn't the problem, the problem will be not knowing how much we will have to spend the first year. A few hundred would be nice if we could get away with that.
  • edited March 11
    Not really, most cards games don't hold my interest for that much time and end up collecting dust until an event with friends or family comes up, which is not often for me. While I do love music and music games, I feel this one in particular isn't targeted towards me, but for card game players that play them weekly.

So if anything, Harmonix is looking to market their newest product to an audience they haven't tapped before.
  • It's too soon for me to decide. I haven't even seen or heard any specific gameplay information yet. Like okay it's first to 21 but how is that determined? Just random numbers on the cards? Are there specific categories, types, attributes of cards that are better than others? Is there a rock, paper, scissor mechanic? Are there different location effects or rules? I see there are only 5 spots for cards. Can you only play 5 cards and that's it? Are there cards or rules that minus your opponents' total? Is there a resource pool?

Also, and I hope this isn't the case, are there rare, super, secret, ultra, stupendous cards that cost an arm and a leg to get?

Ah who am I kidding, I'll probably get it just to support that card games mixed with NFC chips can be a viable thing.
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    I'm really excited. The family and I have really been getting into card games lately, and this looks like something we would get outrageously competitive over.
  • I'll put this in the maybe pile. I'll be getting a Switch when Super Mario Odyssey is out, and I might have to invest in whatever Project Scorpio turns out to be. Probably going to get Middle Earth: Shadow of War in August, too. This year is shaping up to be tough on the wallet.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    Unless all gameplay modes look like a complete flop, I will buy. I'll also make an attempt to collect all of the cards that belong to genres I would enjoy.
  • For those on the fence, I highly recommend you check out our gameplay video! There's so SO SO much more for us to tell you before this game comes out, so keep and eye and ear out for more information.

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I'm...

B)

...on board.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Rules of Nature wildcard and we'll talk, @HMXCrisis
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Gameplay video sold me, it's gonna be a lot fun to break out at parties I think, just gotta hope my phone supports it
  • wreckem279wreckem279 Opening Act
    I will most likely get it. My friends love board games and music and this seems like a sure hit.
  • I will be buying one of everything the second it becomes available online to order, and paying for the fastest shipping possible to Australia
  • DesmodeusDesmodeus Unsigned
    Yep, planning on buying all the things. I really hope Dropmix is at Gencon. If it's available to purchase there, I'll be playing it in our hotel room night 1.