Rivals Suggestion

I suspect many crews are like mine, they have players that play spotlight songs, they have players that grind away at very large libraries getting crew xp. My suggestion is targeted at the players who like to play as a group, they get the most enjoyment playing socially with members of their crew.
However, I find when players are going for high scores they tend to play alone. So I was wondering if there could be a experience modifier for scores attained while playing as a group. I know other MMO games do this to encourage grouping. I am not an expert at the math that goes into scoring Rivals, but I think it could add an element to the game that makes your crew feel like a band, instead of 10 individuals.

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    You mean like "+5% XP during MP for each crew member present in the band"?

That's not a bad idea...
  • It SOUNDS nice, but in execution, it falls apart. That'd just tilt the XP grind towards group play, Europeans would be sad their timezones never line up with their majority American Crew, Crews below 4 people can never get max gains, people would be turned off of playing solo...it's a whole thing.

A big part of creating Rivals was to create a co-op/competitive area of the game without worrying around lining up availability, so.
  • Thank you for the quick reply, I understand time zone issues and potential balancing issues, the idea came up in our crew chat and I thought it an interesting idea.
  • It's definitely interesting, and I'd personally love something for playing with others, but it's hard to balance and also pushes against the kinda point of Rivals. So it's hard to find.
  • LoAlexandriaLoAlexandria Unsigned
    edited March 14
    HMXOwl said:

It SOUNDS nice, but in execution, it falls apart. That'd just tilt the XP grind towards group play, Europeans would be sad their timezones never line up with their majority American Crew, Crews below 4 people can never get max gains, people would be turned off of playing solo...it's a whole thing.

A big part of creating Rivals was to create a co-op/competitive area of the game without worrying around lining up availability, so.

I cant believe that "europeans" is an actual arguement. Tbh this feels like just another joke. If you'ld really care the challenges wouldnt start/end on different times.

Lets do the math to show u what i mean.

We assume that most ppl (us/eu doesnt matter) go to bed at like 11pm. Get up at 6am, work/go to school till 4pm. (These are just numbers to make the math easy!)

So the avrg person has 7hrs to play during the week.

Now the challenge starts at 3pm ET and americans can go 6hrs on their first day.
    The challenge ends at 11pm which is another 6hrs on last day.
    Now lets see european times.
    Challenge starts at 9pm which gets us 2hrs of playtime. And the challenge ends at 5am. So our last day is the full 7hrs as well BUT then euros are cut off the race in the end. Xp as well as spotlights

In the end americans CAN get more playtime - if we compare full time employed americans to europeans.

so plz dont use "european" as an arguement to not include a feature or anything.

There are like a million other reasons - so better proof u care about european players first and not just say "we care about european players as well" - dont say it, act like u mean it

Edit: anyway i like the idea for having at least a small amount of bonus xp for band play. Even if its 1% 2player, 2% 3 player, 4% full band (or even 2%, 4%, 8%)

Coming from a bloodstone crew with around 50% europeans, 50% americans...
  • ChezButterChezButter Unsigned
    Perhaps a compromise, then? I agree XP or points buff for group play has its problems in a competitive expansion, so how about giving money/fans for group play instead? It gives some kind of gain, but it becomes 'gain in a different direction'. Personally I don't have much money for clothes/kits yet from the campaigns... and I frankly end up playing worse in group play (considerably worse - as the night goes on...).

When we play groups, and need to take a refreshment break, the girls all want to change clothes and instruments.

It'd be better for social circles for quickplay to give the campaign rewards instead of points/XP bonus.

-CB
  • A very small bump to groups would make a bit of sense as groups will play less songs over a period of time due to song selections, breaks between songs, and time to get a group moving. Basically, an individual could likely play 6 songs to every four a group does. As I see it, group play actually puts you at a disadvantage to 4 individuals grinding for XP.

Just an observation.