DLC Discussion Week of 3/14: Danger Zone

edited March 21 in Rock Band
It's like peanut butter and chocolate.
HMXOwl said:

Rock Band DLC Week of 3/14 = Danger Zone

Yeah. "Danger Zone".

Iconic '80s songs don’t get much bigger than Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone". Taken from one of the best-selling soundtracks of all-time, "Danger Zone" peaked at #2 on the Hot 100 and cemented Kenny Loggins' status as the King of '80s soundtracks. The song (co-penned by disco pioneer Giorgio Moroder) has become a pop culture staple and true anthem. As for gameplay - the bassline is definitely challenging. There’s a guitar solo, with HOPO runs after the first two choruses. Vocal runs abound, though never overwhelm. The drums need a persistent, quick right hand. Welcome to the "Danger Zone".

"Danger Zone" can be purchased individually for $1.99.

• Kenny Loggins - "Danger Zone"

We’ve even brought a special guest in for our DLC video this week.

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, March 16th.

Comments

• I gotta say, the animation for him looks cool. So with the update coming tomorrow, that explains this week being a one-song week.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Archer in 3D looks weird.

Nonetheless, cool tie in :)
    I'm guessing Archer is going to be an outfit that just reskins the whole character (like the Battleborn characters last year) since I doubt he'll be editable.
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    OK, this is DAMN COOL!!!!
    randrac said:

Okay, that is pretty cool. Still not worth the hype for one song unless it was possibly Stairway to Heaven, but cool nonetheless.

You've gotta adjust your expectations. Licensing issues aside, there's some stuff Harmonix simply can't afford this time around. They don't have EA and MTV footing the bill like the old days.
  • This is cool but can we please get Jesse And The Rippers next?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    Haha, possibly the greatest tie-in you've done! Amazing.
  • HMXOwl said:

Before I was joking but now I REALLY want the Cherlene version (with a playable Kenny Loggins and Cherlene).

And more Archer characters would be damn cool.
  • Archer as a playable character is cool, Danger Zone as DLC is the bigger exciting news for me.

I actually like Archer more because of his love for Danger Zone. The first time I heard him say it I was hooked.

Loved this song since I first heard on the radio in the 80s when I was 4 or 5.
  • ...waaaaait. HMXOwl, is that comment about the extra legwork for the art assets? Or are you implying there's more than one song tomorrow? (Presumably new?)
  • So when's the patch going live? Later today? Tomorrow?
  • What extra legwork.
  • So when's the patch going live? Later today? Tomorrow?

Tomorrow as the Playstation Blog states. :)
    Which my guess is midnight tonight?
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    This is awesome
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    WOW OKAY
  • HMXOwl said:
    Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.
    YAAAAAAAY

(On that note, Pam and Lana models next kthx <3 )