DLC Discussion Week of 3/14: Danger Zone

Comments

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Curious to see about the stems "status" for Danger Zone... wasn't that the reason they couldn't include it with the other Kenny Loggins songs?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    BachiG said:

Curious to see about the stems "status" for Danger Zone... wasn't that the reason they couldn't include it with the other Kenny Loggins songs?

I mean, we already "know" the situation, right? But most people don't seem to mind or even notice.
  • Alright, I'm going to make my prediction for this week's Weekly Challenge Theme.

Rock Band The Movie (Play songs from Movies past and present)
    - Danger Zone (DLC Choice 1)
    - Light Up The Night* (On Disc Choice)
    - The Perfect Drug (DLC Choice 2)

* = While Light Up The Night isn't technically a song from a Movie, but the cover of the album it came from "Act II: The Father of Death" is based on the movie poster for Streets of Fire.

This is only my prediction, so I don't expect it to be true.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    guess I never seen the show.......but okay
  • * = While Light Up The Night isn't technically a song from a Movie, but the cover of the album it came from "Act II: The Father of Death" is based on the movie poster for Streets of Fire.

And I thought WE made stretches for Spotlight.

Anyway, it's not movies, I wasn't gonna go down our catalog one by one. Chyeah right. I got things to do.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    How about songs featured prominently in TV or movies (given that this is a song featured prominently on both a movie and a TV series)?

Then we have access to disc songs What's Up (featured prominently in Sense8 S01E04 "What's Going On?") and Panama (featured prominently in The Drew Carey Show S04E15 "A House Reunited").
  • The Protomen did actually make a short film for Light Up the Night, so there's no need to stretch the criteria out that far.
  • @HMXOwl decidueye fan I can see :D
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Holy ****. I'm not a fan of Danger Zone but I sure am a fan of Archer and this turned the song from a non-purchase to a purchase for me
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 15
    HMXOwl said:

Anyway, it's not movies, I wasn't gonna go down our catalog one by one. Chyeah right. I got things to do.

I bet there are some OCD super-nerds here who would be happy to send you lists of which songs qualify for specific themed lists, for future use
  • HMXOwl said:

@HMXOwl decidueye fan I can see :D

I originally intended to regularly rotate owl pictures, so I guess I'm an Archer owl this week.
    Oh. OH. Oh goddammit I just got the pun.
    I just... I need to go. Far away from here.
  • Playable character Sterling Archer is such a weird thing for Harmonix to do but I'm kind of into it.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    i guess it shows my age that i associate this song with Top Gun instead of Archer.

like i said before, i like the song, i'll get the song. i like the Archer character more because of the cartoonish art than anything to do with the show or the character that i've never watched, so i'll turn that guy on as a novelty before reverting back to my usual characters.

still waiting on my David S. Pumpkins character, by the way...

and still not sure why this couldn't have been announced at the normal announcement time, even if the Archer character had to wait for some reason. it's not like people guessed that Danger Zone would come along with a new playable character anyway.
  • I have a feeling this character will be extremely distracting online lol, especially if most of the band is using him LOL.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    now I want more cel shaded animation characters like that.
  • What other songs, other than the 11 free songs, are coming this week. Please, I need to know
    Also, freaking love danger zone, been requesting this song since rock band 2
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited March 15
    I am guessing the logic went something like "We composed the video and the text of the announcement around the Archer inclusion, but weren't willing to announce Archer this week until we got final approval from both Sony and MS first party QA that the update was going to go live this week"... (edit, sounds like Sony's first look demands were the actual reason - still a first party dependency).

I still think it could and should have been handled better but knowing what we know now, it would make sense that first party uncertainties led to schedule dependencies.
    tnevaker said:

i guess it shows my age that i associate this song with Top Gun instead of Archer.

like i said before, i like the song, i'll get the song. i like the Archer character more because of the cartoonish art than anything to do with the show or the character that i've never watched,

Don't use your age as a copout reason for not knowing Archer. Archer's target audience is people who grew up in the era of Top Gun and 80s Bond movies and the cold war and Scarface and Miami Vice - hell, the past and upcoming season harkens back to Sunset Blvd and classic film noir. It isn't a "young whippersnappers" show.

Ye who are Archer-unfamiliar, let the abundant glowing feedback from the show's followers in this thread guide you to follow up on the funniest thing on TV today.
  • @RageingReyes I think that's it for songs this week, the 11 songs free for Rivals owners and Danger Zone purchasable for everyone.
  • At least release some rewind tracks, I need those
  • This is the announcement for this weeks DLC. This is it. Why does the Rock Band community always expect more haha
  • This is the announcement for this weeks DLC. This is it. Why does the Rock Band community always expect more haha

I dunno, I think this is a pretty big get. It's not Zeppelin, but I never expected we'd get this. I love Top Gun so this is right up my alley.

I dunno, I think this is a pretty big get. It's not Zeppelin, but I never expected we'd get this. I love Top Gun so this is right up my alley.
    That's my bad, it was directed at the people who for whatever reason expect more songs or The Rolling Stones to be imminently announced for tomorrow too. Reading it back I can see why you thought I was being sarcastic - the one time I wasn't being sarcastic on the internet and somebody actually took it for that
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 15

This is the announcement for this weeks DLC. This is it. Why does the Rock Band community always expect more haha

While I did expect we'd get it eventually, it's a very big get.

As for why I figured we'd eventually get it? Well back in the late RB3 era, there were 3 songs HMX said they tried to get but licensing issues got in the way. Those 3 were:
    Toto - "Africa"
    Toto - "Hold the Line"
    Kenny Loggins - "Danger Zone"

In June 2016 we got Africa, then in January 2017 we got Hold the Line leaving Danger Zone as the last of the 3 missing late RB3 era songs left.