Deck customization?

GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
So I'm in the middle of watching the uploaded archive for the DropMix gameplay reveal stream, so forgive me if this is addressed in the latter half of the video and I just haven't seen it yet.

Game looks awesome, I'm definitely sold on the concept, but one of the first things I thought of when I heard the announcement was how cool it would be to build a deck of all my favorite songs, but in the stream they showed four pre-constructed decks, and the game even recognized which specific one was placed.

While that's cool, does that totally eliminate the possibility of making a deck with only the cards I like? Would it not be possible for me to have Run D.M.C., Sean Paul, Disturbed and Derulo all in the same deck?

This also starts to raise the question of if the booster packs will be deck specific add-ons or just new preset decks all together?

Curious if anyone on the team can shed some insight on this, cause based on the stream it seems like personalizing the cards at your disposal isn't really a focus so much as having specific genres clash at each other.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Agh! I'm dumb, I just got to the part of the stream that talks about building your own deck. Sorry!

But for anyone else wondering the same thing that couldn't catch the stream, you can! So that's awesome.
  • Yep! Preconstructed decks exist for the same reason starter decks are included in Magic. They'll have a good distribution of colors and power levels, with a couple wilds and FX cards mixed in, so you can start playing right away.

That said, if you want to take construction into your own hands, you absolutely can. Mix and match from the starter decks, or include cards from the Playlist and Discover Packs, which will have some really interesting FX cards in them (not to mention more great songs).
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    Hey @HMXJosh

I am so interested in this game (I've watched the livestream 3 times now!) One thing that occurs to me though. Will the different decks/genres/packs have a different feel other than the music?