Rock Band VR's Final Setlist and First DLC Reveal [Discussion Thread]

edited March 17 in Rock Band VR
HMXCrisis said:

Rock Band VR Soundtrack Reveal 3

Rock Band VR is just days away from being available on Oculus Rift! On March 23rd, it’s time to grab your guitar, get on stage and show the world what you’re made of. As you master Rock Band VR’s new performance gameplay and make your way through Rock Band’s most immersive campaign ever you’ll develop your own signature sound as you play through one of the best Rock Band soundtracks we’ve ever released. With that, it’s time to reveal the final 19 tracks:

• Band of Horses – “Casual Party”
  • The Black Cheers – “(You're) Breakin' Up”
  • blink-182 – “Bored To Death”
  • Blondfire – “True Confessions”
  • Disturbed – “Down With The Sickness”
  • Dream Theater – “Pull Me Under”
  • Fleetwood Mac – “Go Your Own Way”
  • The Go-Go's – “We Got The Beat”
  • The Hunna – “You & Me”
  • Kaleo – “Glass House”
  • Kings of Leon – “Use Somebody”
  • Pierce The Veil – “Circles”
  • Ramones – “I Wanna Be Sedated”
  • Rage Against The Machine – “Testify”
  • Rush – “Freewill (Vault Edition)”
  • Survivor – “Eye of the Tiger”
  • Tracy Bonham – “Mother Mother”
  • Weezer – “Say It Ain't So”
  • The Who – “Won't Get Fooled Again”

It’s a tremendous list and, together with the previously announced 41 songs, a killer soundtrack. If you’re planning on topping the Rock Band VR leaderboards you better start brushing up on your chord changes now. Here’s a handy Spotify playlist so you can start rocking out your research.

Speaking of leaderboards, traditional Rock Band gameplay will have its own dedicated leaderboards at launch in Classic Mode. Here’s a look at how we brought the five-button lanes you all know and love to virtual reality:

Of course, when it comes to Rock Band, the great music doesn’t end with the soundtrack – let’s talk DLC. Rock Band VR will receive additional tracks so that you’ll always have great new music to master. First up are six tracks from Aerosmith which will be available for $2.99 per track in the Oculus Store:
  • Aerosmith – “Angel”
  • Aerosmith – “Crazy”
  • Aerosmith – “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”
  • Aerosmith – “Janie's Got A Gun”
  • Aerosmith – “Livin' On The Edge”
  • Aerosmith – “Rag Doll”

Aerosmith is one of the greatest bands of all time and these six tracks (in addition to “Walk This Way” from the core soundtrack) would make the perfect setlist for you to channel your inner rock star and work the virtual stage.

That’s it for now, but remember to follow Rock Band on Twitter + Facebook for the latest on Rock Band VR DLC.

See you on stage!

The full list is OUT. What do you think?

Comments

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Funny that Traci Bonham's "Mother Mother" just came up in a thread yesterday.
  • Wow Pull Me Under, Mother Mother, Bored to Death, Free Will, Use Somebody.. all requested big tracks on these forums.
    Has me thinking we will see them all.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Ah there are some great tunes here.
    Finally "Use Somebody"
    would be awesome if it came to RB4 in a pack with "Supersoaker" and "Radioactive"

Also pretty awesome to see "Freewill" and "Bored To Death" in there.

Will have to look up a lot of these new ones though
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited March 16
    BAND OF HORSES AND KALEO?!? Are you kidding me Harmonix? This better all make its way to the RB4 store eventually. I love you people.

Bored to Death, Use Somebody and Freewill too.

P.S. Kaleo better be coming as a 3-pack with No Good (and the obvious, must-be-included hit Way Down We Go).
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 16

Funny that Traci Bonham's "Mother Mother" just came up in a thread yesterday.

How dare you Ninja me. :p :)
  • Another thing to notice is the Aerosmith DLC is exactly the same as the pack we got in December so maybe the RBVR tracks coming to RB4 could start as early as next week.
  • shaaneshaane Unsigned
    Beyond the tracks everyone has already mentioned, I am super excited to see The Hunna. I discovered those guys on satellite radio and I figured the only way they'd make to RB would be if RBN made a comeback. I'm hoping HMX brings them to the RB as DLC.

Overall, RBVR has a pretty solid soundtrack.
    GLaDOS said:

Finally "Use Somebody"
    would be awesome if it came to RB4 in a pack with "Supersoaker" and "Radioactive"

If there was a new Kings of Leon pack, you would expect they'd be pushing their current single, The Reverend.
    TheStuddz said:

P.S. Kaleo better be coming as a 3-pack with No Good (and the obvious, must-be-included hit Way Down We Go).

Yeh, when I saw Kaleo I expected to see Way Down We Go. Glass House is solid enough though.
  • So it turns out that Rock You Like A Hurricane was a rumor that was proven false by Harmonix.

But maybe it'll come as Rock Band VR DLC?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    Interesting that the Rush song is a Vault Edition. And yes, these new songs have to make it to RB4.
  • edited March 16

So it turns out that Rock You Like A Hurricane was a rumor that was proven false by Harmonix.

As everyone may have noticed, the first announcement had every press-shown song on purpose. Rock You Like a Hurricane came about because an article was written, and when they described the gameplay, they started with, "Picture the opening riff to Rock You Like a Hurricane." That is not a song leak. They just wanted you to picture a famous riff.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

So it turns out that Rock You Like A Hurricane was a rumor that was proven false by Harmonix.

But maybe it'll come as Rock Band VR DLC?

I've been trying to point out since day 1 that if you read the article the "rumour" came from, it's very clear the author wasn't mentioning it in reference to it being in the game. I feel like people just started jumping to massive conclusions with that one. If it is DLC, it's sheer coincidence, because that guy certainly didn't have a build with it on it.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    As long as Bored to Death comes as DLC, I'm happy.

Cool to see Band of Horses on there too.
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    Those DLC prices. Phew.

VR, man.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    That Band of Horses song is damn good. Blink-182 is always welcome, and it's good to see Blondfire gettin' some love, even if I only have the 1st two albums. Use Somebody is about damn time, and super surprised to see Go Your Own Way back, but I like Mac, so that's cool.
  • We better be getting Free Will. So glad that of any Rush song they picked, it's that one (though I'd like 20 more if it's ever possible).
  • Not a bad soundtrack at all! Really hope everything not already in RB4 comes soon!
  • GLaDOS said:

Finally "Use Somebody"

If there was a new Kings of Leon pack, you would expect they'd be pushing their current single, The Reverend.
    I agree or at least that we'd get another song from Walls. The One Direction, Lady Gaga and Disturbed packs give evidence that other new songs may be picked instead:
    Disturbed: Immortalized instead of The Light
    One Direction: Never Enough instead of History
    Lady Gaga: A-YO instead of Million Reasons
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    Oh man, those VR exclusive songs are fantastic. I've been wanting "Pull Me Under" and "Freewill" for years! Really cool to see "Bored to Death" and "Circles" too!

I really REALLY hope these songs make it to RB4 soon.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    I'm disappointed that most of the older, pre-00s artists (like Fleetwood Mac, The Who, Nirvana, etc.) are given rewinds instead of new tracks, but at least we get Free Will.
  • This reveal has a lot of good stuff that I'd love to have in RB4. But I'M TOTALLY GONNA KICK SOME ASS if we don't get Pull Me Under. Been wanting that for many, many years.
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    Mother Mother and You & Me? Awesome. RB4 please :smile:
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited March 16
    Oh hey, Pull Me Under and Freewill. I'm sensing the Boston bands on VR are coming in either "the next major update" or in the fall.

Use Somebody is also pretty overdue, and I almost misread Tracy Bonham as Tracy Chapman.

3 bucks a DLC song makes sense, but given Rock Band songs in Canada are that much, at least here it feels more appropriate given what it comes with.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    ok here are my thoughts of the last of the new songs

Band of Horses – “Casual Party”
    It is an ok song, I probably would not buy it, but it is not terrible

The Black Cheers – “(You're) Breakin' Up”
    I could not find this on youtube, but I found their bandcamp. It is another ok song, not really a fan of the vocals so I won’t get it

blink-182 – “Bored To Death”
    Great song, I am very glad we are getting this

Blondfire – “True Confessions”
    This is a pretty cool song, I never heard it before but I am digging it.

Dream Theater – “Pull Me Under”
    I have never been a big Dream Theater fan, I enjoyed what has been on Rock Band Discs, but I never bought any of their DLC… This will probably change that
    The Hunna – “You & Me”
    Another pretty cool song, I like it

Kaleo – “Glass House”
    Another meh song, it sounds like it might be fun, but I would not buy it.

Kings of Leon – “Use Somebody”
    I have never been a fan of Kings of Leon, but I am happy for the people who have been wanting this… but I would never buy it.

Pierce The Veil – “Circles”
    Nope! I don’t like this

Rush – “Freewill (Vault Edition)”
    This is one of the best songs by Rush… so hell yeah I am excited for this

Tracy Bonham – “Mother Mother”
    Another nope! I really don’t like this song at all

there is quite a bit of great songs that Rock Band VR is adding, and I can't wait until they come into RB4
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    What a great list of new songs I really need all of it to come to RB
  • Free Will and Pull Me Under, holy Prog Batman!!!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    We better get Mother Mother as DLC. Once that happens, everything will be fine.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 16
    Here's the full list sorted into decades:

70s (6 songs)
    Aerosmith - "Walk This Way"
    David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
    Blondie - "One Way or Another"
    The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
    Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
    Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"

80s (7 songs)
    Bon Jovi – “Livin' On A Prayer”