Rock Band VR's Final Setlist and First DLC Reveal [Discussion Thread]

Comments

• army_of_mearmy_of_me Rising Star
    Hey now HMX, this is more my speed!

Blink-182, Dream Theater, Kings of Leon, & Rush are obviously big, but I'm secretly just as excited (if not more) for Tracey Bonham, The Hunna, Kaleo, Blondfire and Band of Horses. And the prospect of additional DLC from many of these fine folks. ;)
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited March 16
    The Hunna, Band of Horses, and Tracy Bonham!? You truly know how to warm this aging hipster heart.
  • Pull Me Under!!! Yes! Please make it to RB4!
    Also, Go Your Own Way is a Fleetwood Mac song I really love (one of my faves) so I also really hope its Rewind makes it to RB4.
    Another Rewind I really want is Say It Ain't So (what a great song that is!).

Awesome soundtrack, HMX!
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Ok out of the new songs from this reveal I'm kinda disappointed in the Band of Horses track. Something from their first two albums is much preferred, the similarly titled Weed Party would've been sweet, I would've taken one of the RBN tracks if we're never getting those back. Still a highlight of the setlist's new tracks.

I like Blink-182 but not that song

Huge excitement for Freewill though. Easily my most wanted Rush tune and the best new song in the whole setlist
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited March 16
    hiimSMAP said:

Ok out of the new songs from this reveal I'm kinda disappointed in the Band of Horses track. Something from their first two albums is much preferred, the similarly titled Weed Party would've been sweet, I would've taken one of the RBN tracks if we're never getting those back. Still a highlight of the setlist's new tracks.

Huge excitement for Freewill though. Easily my most wanted Rush tune and the best new song in the whole setlist

Cigarettes, Wedding Bands says hello
  • army_of_mearmy_of_me Rising Star
    edited March 16
    hiimSMAP said:

Despite my post above, I agree as far as Band of Horses (and Blondfire) go, I would've vastly preferred other, earlier tracks. But if the choice is a song versus no song, I'll go with the former.

And it at least opens up the prospect of further DLC (even if it hasn't been necessarily true in the past - still hoping against hope for more Radiohead, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Strokes, Interpol, Modest Mouse, Metric, Tegan & Sara, The Smiths, and The Flaming Lips, and ...)
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited March 16
    @LoopyChew Mother Mother eh? Well well, just what you were talkin about.

I looked up the video, but it's different from the one I described in the other thread.
    I remember this video with her mother vacuuming snd Tracy being on the tv.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

hiimSMAP said:

Cigarettes, Wedding Bands says hello
    Oh man how did I forget that track? It was a blast in Guitar Hero
  • edited March 16
    To add to my previous post - I also hope that Eye of the Tiger and Won't Get Fooled Again get released as Rewind tracks. I mean, if all the RB2 songs in this game were released as Rewind I'd have about 80-90% of the RB2 setlist that I want, lol (would be missing Journey, obviously, and The Middle, off the top of my head).
  • @Tyrus1235 The Middle was in the 2nd RBVR reveal.
  • @Tyrus1235 The Middle was in the 2nd RBVR reveal.

Oh, I forgot! Thanks for the correction!

Well, seems like HMX really likes RB2, lol
  • Doesn't hurt that it's the largest. It's kinda like a 'reach into a bag and pull out a jellybean' situation.
  • HMXOwl said:

Doesn't hurt that it's the largest. It's kinda like a 'reach into a bag and pull out a jellybean' situation.

RB4 + Rivals is set to be even larger, which is, frankly, quite impressive!
  • RB2 is great, but I'm totally missing a lot of faves from the OG RB. Probably stuff we won't ever get as rewinds: Cherub Rock, Dani California, Epic, Creep, etc. I'm hopeful for Black Hole Sun, Blitzkrieg Bop, and Say It Ain't So one day.
  • KidSleez said:

RB2 is great, but I'm totally missing a lot of faves from the OG RB. Probably stuff we won't ever get as rewinds: Cherub Rock, Dani California, Epic, Creep, etc. I'm hopeful for Black Hole Sun, Blitzkrieg Bop, and Say It Ain't So one day.

Yeah, Dani California is a RHCP song that I am sorely missing (as well as Under the Bridge... Which is a shame).
    Epic, Creep, In Bloom, Mississipi Queen, Orange Crush (seriously, I want that song so bad!), Should I Stay or Should I Go and so on... I am really happy that we are getting Rewinds and hope these show up as well!

Back to the topic at hand: Also glad to see some RB1 songs in RBVR! It is shaping up to be a look into RB history (past, present and future) in terms of music. Really wish I had the money to get the Rift and the game. :/
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited March 17

Here's the full list sorted into decades:

70s (6 songs)
    Aerosmith - "Walk This Way"
    David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
    Blondie - "One Way or Another"
    The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
    Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
    Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"

80s (7 songs)
    Bon Jovi – “Livin' On A Prayer”
    Van Halen – “Panama”
    Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – “Bad Reputation”
    Europe – “The Final Countdown”
    Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
    The Go-Go's - "We Got the Beat"
    Rush - "Freewill (Vault Edition)"

90s (11 songs)
    Megadeth - “Hangar 18”
    Nirvana – “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
    Oasis – “Champagne Supernova”
    Pearl Jam – “Alive”
    Stone Temple Pilots – “Plush”
    Alice In Chains – “Man in the Box”
    Foo Fighters – “Everlong”
    Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
    Rage Against the Machine - "Testify"
    Dream Theater - "Pull Me Under"
    Tracy Bonham - "Mother Mother"

00s (7 songs)
    DragonForce – “Through The Fire And Flames”
    Green Day – “Holiday”
    Avenged Sevenfold – “Beast and the Harlot”
    The Killers – “When You Were Young”
    Jimmy Eat World – “The Middle”
    Disturbed - "Down With the Sickness"
    Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody"

10s (29 songs)
    Against The Current – “Running With The Wild Things”
    Arctic Horror – “Black Seas”
    AudioDamn! - “Lights Out”
    Basement – “Promise Everything”
    The Black Keys – “Gold On The Ceiling”
    Ghost – “Cirice”
    OneRepublic – “Counting Stars”
    Paramore – “Ain't It Fun”
    The Shelters – “Rebel Heart”
    Spirit Kid – “To My Romeo”
    Carrie Underwood – “Church Bells”
    Catfish And The Bottlemen – “Postpone”
    Coldplay – “Birds”
    Maroon 5 – “Maps”
    Mumford & Sons – “I Will Wait”
    Parks – “Sweater Weather”
    The Pretty Reckless – “Heaven Knows”
    The Starting Line – “Quitter”
    Switchfoot – “Float”
    The Temper Trap – “Alive”
    Twin Atlantic – “I Am Alive”
    The Wind And The Wave – “Grand Canyon”
    Pierce the Veil - "Circles"
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"
    The Black Cheers - "(You're) Breaking Up"
    blink-182 - "Bored to Death"
    Blondfire - "True Confessions"
    The Hunna - "You & Me"
    Kaleo - "Glass House"

In italics are the new songs.

So to put this in numbers of new songs, 1 from the 80s, 3 from the 90s, 1 from the 00s, and 29 from the 10s for a total of 34 new songs.

And every song from the 10s is new.

The setlist is almost half from the 10s and a little more than half new songs.
  • Here's the full list sorted into decades:

70s (6 songs)
    Aerosmith - "Walk This Way"
    David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
    Blondie - "One Way or Another"
    The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
    Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
    Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"

80s (7 songs)
    Bon Jovi – “Livin' On A Prayer”
    Van Halen – “Panama”
    Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – “Bad Reputation”
    Europe – “The Final Countdown”
    Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
    The Go-Go's - "We Got the Beat"
    Rush - "Freewill (Vault Edition)"

90s (11 songs)
    Megadeth - “Hangar 18”
    Nirvana – “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
    Oasis – “Champagne Supernova”
    Pearl Jam – “Alive”
    Stone Temple Pilots – “Plush”
    Alice In Chains – “Man in the Box”
    Foo Fighters – “Everlong”
    Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
    Rage Against the Machine - "Testify"
    Dream Theater - "Pull Me Under"
    Tracy Bonham - "Mother Mother"

00s (7 songs)
    DragonForce – “Through The Fire And Flames”
    Green Day – “Holiday”
    Avenged Sevenfold – “Beast and the Harlot”
    The Killers – “When You Were Young”
    Jimmy Eat World – “The Middle”
    Disturbed - "Down With the Sickness"
    Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody"

10s (29 songs)
    Against The Current – “Running With The Wild Things”
    Arctic Horror – “Black Seas”
    AudioDamn! - “Lights Out”
    Basement – “Promise Everything”
    The Black Keys – “Gold On The Ceiling”
    Ghost – “Cirice”
    OneRepublic – “Counting Stars”
    Paramore – “Ain't It Fun”
    The Shelters – “Rebel Heart”
    Spirit Kid – “To My Romeo”
    Carrie Underwood – “Church Bells”
    Catfish And The Bottlemen – “Postpone”
    Coldplay – “Birds”
    Maroon 5 – “Maps”
    Mumford & Sons – “I Will Wait”
    Parks – “Sweater Weather”
    The Pretty Reckless – “Heaven Knows”
    The Starting Line – “Quitter”
    Switchfoot – “Float”
    The Temper Trap – “Alive”
    Twin Atlantic – “I Am Alive”
    The Wind And The Wave – “Grand Canyon”
    Pierce the Veil - "Circles"
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"
    The Black Cheers - "(You're) Breaking Up"
    blink-182 - "Bored to Death"
    Blondfire - "True Confessions"
    The Hunna - "You & Me"
    Kaleo - "Glass House"

In italics are the new songs.

So to put this in numbers of new songs, 1 from the 80s, 3 from the 90s, 1 from the 00s, and 29 from the 10s for a total of 34 new songs.

And every song from the 10s is new.

The setlist is almost half from the 10s and a little more than half new songs.
    Yeah if this is what we're looking at regarding the future of RB4 DLC, there's going to be lots of 10s DLC but unlike most of the RB4 era that 10s DLC mostly being rock.

• Yeah if this is what we're looking at regarding the future of RB4 DLC, there's going to be lots of 10s DLC but unlike most of the RB4 era that 10s DLC mostly being rock.

You could also make a point about how RBVR is guitar-oriented, so it would be pretty boring and weird to have alt-charting pop hits in it (so they would consciously avoid those, at least for on-disc songs)... Well, at least that's how I see it.
  • Tyrus1235 said:

Yeah if this is what we're looking at regarding the future of RB4 DLC, there's going to be lots of 10s DLC but unlike most of the RB4 era that 10s DLC mostly being rock.

You could also make a point about how RBVR is guitar-oriented, so it would be pretty boring and weird to have alt-charting pop hits in it (so they would consciously avoid those, at least for on-disc songs)... Well, at least that's how I see it.
    Some of the more badly received modern pop among the forums and social media would fit rather well with RBVR and even Rocksmith to be honest. Artists like Justin Bieber, One Direction, Ed Sheeran, 5 Seconds of Summer, etc.
  • Tyrus1235 said:

Some of the more badly received modern pop among the forums and social media would fit rather well with RBVR and even Rocksmith to be honest. Artists like Justin Bieber, One Direction, Ed Sheeran, 5 Seconds of Summer, etc.
    Well, if they have good guitar parts in them, sure! Or at least a synth that's interesting enough (aka not a bunch of long chords with long pauses between them all the way to the end).
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    Rush – “Freewill (Vault Edition)”

Looking forward to this song. Please release this as DLC for RB4.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    So is no one else going to comment that the video in the announcement is unwatchable?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

So is no one else going to comment that the video in the announcement is unwatchable?

I was there earlier. It disappeared in the afternoon. Idk why, I never saw it.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Odd. I figured it would maybe be private still if they forgot to make it public when they posted this, but if it was apparently there earlier that's even more strange. Hopefully they fix it soon.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited March 17
    On Reddit, Owl said he found an error in the video and set about to fix it. Said it'd be back up soon.

That was 12 hours ago.

(edit: actually that looks like he was talking about another video; this video was taken down about 7 hours ago without any announcement as far as I can see).

Apparently the new video is here:

But all the old places that linked to the old video still do. Dunno if they plan to be able to put the new video at the old address and automatically make the postings right, or if they plan to edit the postings to reflect the new video address.
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited March 17
    That actually looks cool.

EDIT: That highway on Dragonforce. Goes for days. Gimme.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    GLaDOS said:

So it turns out that Rock You Like A Hurricane was a rumor that was proven false by Harmonix.

But maybe it'll come as Rock Band VR DLC?

I've been trying to point out since day 1 that if you read the article the "rumour" came from, it's very clear the author wasn't mentioning it in reference to it being in the game. I feel like people just started jumping to massive conclusions with that one. If it is DLC, it's sheer coincidence, because that guy certainly didn't have a build with it on it.
    so you're saying we're NOT getting Bruce Springsteen?
    so, i guess this means there are no big new "gets" for this game a la Elvis/U2/Van Halen. all the new bands are '10 bands (except Tracy Bonham) and none are what i think anyone would consider a big new artist to come to the game. and of the new songs from returning artists, i dunno, maybe Use Somebody or Champagne Supernova is probably the biggest, and that's not exactly like seeing the return of the Rolling Stones or Muse.

this would be a pretty great setlist if all the good songs hadn't already been available previously. that's cool for the handful of people who end up buying this game, not so much for those of us just hoping the game would pull in some cool new DLC for RB.

and i initially thought the "first DLC reveal" was going to be which songs from the VR soundtrack would become available as DLC in RB4, but that was silly of me. since nobody in this thread is actually buying this game, let alone the DLC for it, i think we'd all be a lot more interested in finding out what the first songs from the VR soundtrack would be coming to the game we actually do play.

it's cool to see Blondfire on the soundtrack, i really liked them back when they were called Astaire. hope that song makes it as RB4 DLC. same for Band of Horses, hope we see their RBN songs come back at some point. also looking forward to Mother Mother and Use Somebody when and if they make it to RB4 as well.

so, who's gonna be the first to start sporting a #TeamRockYouLikeAHurricane avatar? those things have been having a pretty good track record lately...
    oh yeah, and as far as the DLC goes, i guess this means those six Aerosmith songs will be playable when "VR Mode" comes out as a new play mode in the next RB4 paid expansion.