Industrial / Electronic Recommendations (PS3)

Hello everyone,

I've recently gotten back into Rock Band after years of absence. I used to be on the Xbox but had to change to PS3 due to various circumstances. This means I have slightly less DLC available and am missing my exports from old games. :(

Oh well.

I'm looking for some recommendations on what songs to get. I absolutely love industrial music and have tried to find as much as possible on the store. But, there are many names I'm not familiar with so I'd be extremely happy if you guys could recommend stuff. I'm pretty flexible and love almost anything that's a little harsh (?) / electronic. Having keyboards is a bonus but not a must.

What are your favorite industrial / electronic songs?

The stuff that I already know about:
Ministry
Nine Inch Nails
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Depeche Mode
Marilyn Manson
Aesthetic Perfection
Animotion (What a cool surprise!?)
Death of the Cool
Imperative Reaction
Rob Zombie
Symbion Project

I will be getting a PS4 later down the line but I would still buy RBN songs even if they're not compatible. It's too bad stuff like Raggedy Angry isn't on PS3, loved those songs.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• dconrad23dconrad23 Unsigned
    I really like the NIN stuff, but another one is Push It by Static-X.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    The fact that you're on PS3 really limits what all I can request when it comes to RBN, because a lot of stuff on Xbox isn't available on PS3. One artist I'd recommend that has songs on the RBN is Rainbowdragoneyes. They are mostly chiptune, but include lots of metal elements (including death growls), and I could say that their music is similar in ways to industrial. As a heads up, though, they are brutal to play.

Another one I realize isn't on PS3, but I'd like to recommend to folks who are on Xbox, is "The Epic Part 3.7 (RBN Remix)" by Bankai. It's a weird mashup of different electronic subgenres, and is really fun (if a bit challenging) to play. I highly recommend it.

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    I don't know that I consider some of the bands you listed as industrial/electronic, but based on some of what you listed, I'll suggest:

Erasure,
    New Order,
    Joy Division,
    Tears for Fears,
    A-Ha,
    Duran Duran,
    Eiffel 65,
    A Flock of Seagulls,
    Freezepop,
    The Human League,
    KMFDM,
    La Roux,
    Owl City,
    PowerMan 5000,
    Prong,
    and Soft Cell

...those are the ones I can think of that I own that might fit kinda what you're looking for.

I'm sure I have a bunch of RBN artists, too, but it's been so long since I've listened to them, I don't remember what's what.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Another one that may be of interest that's on PS3 is "Everything I Hate About Myself" by Death of the Cool. It may sound familiar, because it's actually one of the songs that play in the main menu of RB3.

• TheMuralsTheMurals Unsigned
    Industrial/Electronic and nobody suggested The Chemical Brothers? For shame! :tongue: Let Forever Be is available as DLC.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited March 22
    I'll try to boot up my PS3 and go through the PSN stuff I have and let you know what I come up with that I think you might like over this upcoming weekend.

Oh, now that you mention it, you may be right on the KMFDM... not sure, but if not in store, that'd answer that question.
  • I just posted; not sure what happened to my comment but it seems to have disappeared?

I'll try to write it again...

DCONRAD23, thanks! Static-X is on my to-get list for sure as soon as I get my drum set.

LIVEHOMEVIDEO, I will be getting Rainbowdragoneyes. I do like VVVVVV and some other chiptune stuff. It's too bad about the PS3 selection but beggars can't be choosers. I now live in a region where Rock Band isn't available so I have to import everything. Since the PS3 is region free and I'm more interested in PS4 games, it was just slightly simpler to get it for that.

Bankai sounds amazing, I miss Raggedy Angry. Death of the Cool is my favorite kind of industrial and I've been a fan ever since Can't Let Go on RB1.

BACHIG, thanks for the amazing list. You already noticed my first post before it disappeared so thanks a bunch again. I'm looking forward to what you come up with. :)

THEMURALS, I've never been a fan of The Chemical Brothers but will give it a try. Thanks!

Again, thank you all. If you come up with anything else, don't be shy to share.
  • By the way, I just noticed, Bankai is available on the PS3 as well. :)