RockBandAide's PAX East 2017 interview with Harmonix (RB4, entitlements, RBVR, DropMix and more!)

grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
edited March 17 in Rock Band
http://www.rockbandaide.com/23074/pax-east-2017-interview/

Lots of interesting details in here and provides confirmation that SIEE is the focus for entitlements currently.

Comments

• LoopyChew said:

Criss: My favourite pizza is Hawaiian.

Oh no, Criss, no.

Bring out the tar and feather.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Gorgeroth said:

LoopyChew said:

Oh no, Criss, no.

Bring out the tar and feather.
    Just the one feather, though.
  • LoopyChew said:

Oh no, Criss, no.

What's wrong with a little fruit with your meat-topped pizza?

(*your secret is safe with me, Criss* ;) )
  • Munnchy said:

PSA: Myself and Delibird444 were the interviewers. Criss and Josh were as honest and open about this stuff as they could be and were absolutely wonderful to interview and we are super thankful for that.

...We totally made Josh have pineapple pizza though.

And how!
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior

Munnchy said:

PSA: Myself and Delibird444 were the interviewers. Criss and Josh were as honest and open about this stuff as they could be and were absolutely wonderful to interview and we are super thankful for that.

...We totally made Josh have pineapple pizza though.

And how!
    We absolutely did not! But the level of distain was real. Josh was very clear about pizza

That became a very divided table, let's be clear.

Pineapple is amazing, but keep it away from my pizza!

You say divided... But it was only Criss that defended Hawaiian pizza so...
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I mean, I get the juxtaposition of sweet and savory--believe me, even with the sugarblood, cooking is one of my favorite pastimes (given the energy)--but pineapple on a pizza requires a lot of...flexibility in taste. More than I am prepared for, at least.
  • It's the worst when the pineapple gets warm and the pizza gets cold. Just wrong.
  • Being the Canadian here, I have to side with the pineapple club.

It's fruit, it makes pizza healthier (if only by a little bit).

And if you have a pineapple, you can mix a pen with it to get hilarious results!
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    Is this thread technically derailed if it's been consistently about a different topic since the first comment, regardless of OP?

In any case, I will eat anything on pizza that doesn't taste like **** standalone and won't kill me. This includes pineapple. fite me irl

...if you argue that it's better than chicken bacon ranch pizza or meat lovers though, and you're not vegetarian, then you've lost me
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited March 17
    I stand politely opposed to your allegation that siding with the Pineapple abomination is, in any way, Canadian.

A Canadian pizza has Pepperoni, Bacon, and Mushrooms.

A pizza with Pineapple on it is even more blasphemous in Canada than elsewhere. But really, it should call for an International Cuisine Crime tribunal whenever it occurs anywhere on Earth.
  • PlatStratPlatStrat Unsigned
    So it doesn't look good for RBN songs making it over. I guess I'll have to go back to RB3 to play those again. :(
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I only ever get pineapple on pizza if I'm ordering from a crappy pizza place like Domino's or something. If I'm getting "real" pizza, god no. There's some pizza places in NYC that refuse to do it.

ANYWAYS, I can't believe RBA didn't ask about DLC output for RB4. That seems to be the thing everyone's been worried about since we've dropped to one new song a week (or in the case of 2/16, no new songs).
  • LoopyChew said:

Oh no, Criss, no.

Agreeing with you, not her.
  • That became a very divided table, let's be clear.

Pineapple is amazing, but keep it away from my pizza!

Agreeing with pineapple staying away from pizza, not that it's amazing.

Damn you guys for making me explain my agrees!
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    edited March 17
    tdc002 said:

ANYWAYS, I can't believe RBA didn't ask about DLC output for RB4. That seems to be the thing everyone's been worried about since we've dropped to one new song a week (or in the case of 2/16, no new songs).

RBN was the burning question we received over and over again from readers, so Craig and I deemed that more important to fit into our time. That said, I think one interpretation of it may be that it was casually answered with "There’s a ton of things we’re trying to do with Rock Band 4 right now, but finishing up in Europe is our main focus." Read that however you will.

My personal regret (question-wise) was not spending more time on DropMix that had literally just been announced, or VR that we had just demoed the night before (SERIOUSLY, IT'S SO GOOD AHHH.) I didn't think of many things to ask at the time, and now I have so many more questions! Shoutout to all the real life journalists out there- this stuff is hard.
  • I stand politely opposed to your allegation that siding with the Pineapple abomination is, in any way, Canadian.

A Canadian pizza has Pepperoni, Bacon, and Mushrooms.

A pizza with Pineapple on it is even more blasphemous in Canada than elsewhere. But really, it should call for an International Cuisine Crime tribunal whenever it occurs anywhere on Earth.

a pizza with pineapple is more blasphemous in ITALY than any other place!!!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 17
    It was a long time before I dared to try pizza with pineapple but it turns out I love it.
    I was even more surprised to like anchovies.
    I would never, ever subject anyone to either of those options unless they asked for them specifically. Especially the anchovies. I mean, they totally overwhelm the dish, it becomes a completely separate category of food at that point..

On the topic of Rock Band:
    It’s one of the reasons you can’t fail in game because when people boo you, it feels too real.
    I understand this completely, and yet it's why I would want to be able to opt for the possibility of getting booed. That's what makes performance thrilling, the thought that you might screw up so badly that the audience will turn against you. Pressure's on! It's why I never play will No Fail mode on. There has to be some danger. [Counterpoint: it made me afraid to try harder levels and my skills didn't advance very quickly].
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    tdc002 said:

We already know their answer to this. It would have just been the usual one where they say that their DLC output varies, etc, etc. They'd cite Aerosmith as evidence of this, and ignore that most months of the year do not contain Aerosmith-sized packs.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    SmashMan said:

tdc002 said:

We already know their answer to this. It would have just been the usual one where they say that their DLC output varies, etc, etc. They'd cite Aerosmith as evidence of this, and ignore that most months of the year do not contain Aerosmith-sized packs.
    That annoyed the hell out of me. Every other week that month only had 2 or 3 songs.

It just bugs me because now that DLC's being stretched out with Rewind songs, we're getting as many new songs in a whole month as we used to get in one week; and including a bunch of no name bands with Rivals doesn't make up for that.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    It is funny that the people who shout "The charters aren't doing enough" choose to ignore the charting effort of all these freebie tracks, and the people that should "The licensing people aren't doing enough!" choose to ignore that, despite the charts existing, the effort to relicense an export track is no different than that of a new major-label track.

And it's even funnier that those are often the same people shouting both. "They aren't charting anything and they aren't licensing anything! (provided we ignore all the stuff they're charting that aren't major-label acts and all the stuff they're licensing that aren't new to me because I'm a lifer)"
  • It's not being stretched out with Rewind songs though. So many people wanted Rewind songs that I'd imagine it made sense for HMX to have a mixture of new and Rewind rather than all songs being new for everyone. Sure it's annoying for export owners but this isn't different from the summer last year.

It's not being stretched out with Rewind songs though. So many people wanted Rewind songs that I'd imagine it made sense for HMX to have a mixture of new and Rewind rather than all songs being new for everyone. Sure it's annoying for export owners but this isn't different from the summer last year.

Which is actually covered in the interview!
  • edited March 17

Sure it's annoying for export owners but this isn't different from the summer last year.

So we were getting Rewind songs last Summer, news to me

Honestly I'm fine with the idea of Rewind songs for new players it just shouldn't come at the expense of those that exported, if they kept with the 2 a week + 1 Rewind you wouldn't see a single person complain besides the obvious this song sucks crowd
  • HMXOwl said:

KKFan5 said:

Sure it's annoying for export owners but this isn't different from the summer last year.

you wouldn't see a single person complain
    You've never done this as a job, have you? ; )
    For some clarification I was meaning the people here lol

I did say that it would still be a 2 song week basically and almost everyone here has gotten used to the expectation of 2 new song weeks

And no I have never worked at Harmonix lol