DropMix Questions

Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
Feel free to add any questions about the game here. I'll try to update this with answers as we go.

In constructing a deck, surely there must exist construction rules. For example, it would seem ridiculous if one could load their deck with entirely wild cards. What deck constrictions and options exist?

Different colors (red, yellow, blue, green), levels (1-3), and symbols (guitar, beat, keys, vocals, loop) exist. What will make cards that have the same of these different other than the music they provide? For example, what makes the Sweets level 3 yellow vocals card Sia - Chandelier any different mechanically than the Controller level 3 yellow vocals card Jason DeRulo - Want You Want Me?

What are the 16th "bonus cards" that we may see in Playlist packs?

We have vocals in the game. Any plans to have harmonies as a type of vocal available?

One cool idea for a mode is a competitive free styling mode, where an audience selects who is turning out the better mix. Could something like this- or an audience mode- be added to the game?

Next time Josh asks for the iPad, can @HMXOwl be required to turn and wave to the camera?

Comments

• Next time Josh asks for the iPad, can @HMXOwl be required to turn and wave to the camera?

Yes.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    HMXCrisis said:

Next time Josh asks for the iPad, can @HMXOwl be required to turn and wave to the camera?

Yes.
    Welp... that's a start anyway.
  • 1) Are you planning to do any demonstration events internationally around launch? I'll happily put my hand up to work any demonstrations you do in Sydney.

2) Any chance we can get some kind of Solitaire gameplay mode?

3) How many different cards could you make from Bohemian Rhapsody?

4) Can we have a movie theme deck. Perhaps with FX cards like Replay/Nostalgia/Rerun (randomly remove the top card of one slot and the card under it returns to play) or Silver Screen (FX cards can't be played while this catd is on top of a stack)
  • Oh, and 5) Any chance we could have a player mode to just listen to our collection. Perhaps the app can randomly choose cards out of our collection and put them into virtual slots. Our perhaps play our saved mixes by mixing them into each other either sequentially or randomly
  • 6) Have you guys tested your color choices for people who are color blind?
  • Will there be a proper card request page similar to Rock Band 4 in the near future?
    I have a far few requests and would rather wait to input them into the right system.
  • If I play on my tablet, will I be able to track my collection on my phone?
  • Hi a quick couple of questions as a player in the UK.
    1. Where can we Preorder this game in the UK?
    2. Are you open to accepting music from independent artists or from free music communities? Or even running competitions on twitter for the Dropmix fans to vote on which artists they'd like to see added into game?
    3. Are you open to writing an app for the Nintendo Switch that will allow it to also run the Dropmix app?
    4. Have you thought about creating character cards? Like different mascots for the game that are seen in certain cards?

• 3. Are you open to writing an app for the Nintendo Switch that will allow it to also run the Dropmix app?

They've ruled this out a few times before.

• The deck construction rules seem to be the following, based on the way the packs of 15 are built:
    Four Level 1 (red/blue/red/blue) cards
    Four Level 2 (Red/Blue/Yellow/Green) colored cards
    Four level 3 (Red/Blue/Yellow/Green) colored cards
    Two white cards (level doesn't seem to matter)
    One wild card
  • The deck construction rules seem to be the following, based on the way the packs of 15 are built:
    Four Level 1 (red/blue/red/blue) cards
    Four Level 2 (Red/Blue/Yellow/Green) colored cards
    Four level 3 (Red/Blue/Yellow/Green) colored cards
    Two white cards (level doesn't seem to matter)
    One wild card

Deck construction is up to you! We stick to a pretty even spread for all of the pre-made playlists so anyone can pick one up and play it, but you can use the Deck Builder (tap the the Collection button in the app to access it) to construct your own. You need a minimum of 30 cards worth a maximum of 80 points, with all cards being worth a number of points equal to their power level (Except wild and FX cards, which are both worth four points apiece).