DLC Discussion Thread: Kaleo and New Order!

edited April 25 in Rock Band
Rock Band DLC Week of 4/11: Kaleo and New Order!
  • Kaleo - "Glass House"
  • New Order - "Bizarre Love Triangle"

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, April 13th.

Comments

• At least I don't have to wait until the end of the month to play it.
  • Awe making us wait on Oasis I see.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Yup, looking forward to this week...next week, when I can actually play them.
  • Basically confirms my pairing predictions for the month.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    I was really hoping Bizarre Love Triangle would be this week so it could be played at MTAC. Kaleo sounds cool too.

I approve.
  • Basically confirms my pairing predictions for the month.

Well, Free Bird has to go with something :p

What better song than the OTHER one with the awesome guitar solo in it XD
  • Very good DLC week. Also, while I predicted this pairing wrong the pairing I wanted the most to happen (Beast and the Harlot and Free Bird on 4/27) can still happen!

• D1MatmanD1Matman Unsigned
    Very happy to have "Bizarre Love Triangle" make its way to RB finally. :)
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Bizarre Love Triangle is my most anticipated track since The Cure/Cyndi Lauper week. I can't wait for this gem
  • Think I'll get both. Wasn't sure about the Kaleo song but it sounds pretty good.
  • edited April 11
    Is Bizarre Love Triangle the Album Version or the Substance version? I've asked this on the previous thread, but no one from Harmonix answered.

Anyways, my predictions for this week's Weekly Challenges...

(If Glass House is the DLC Spotlight Song)

Unleash Your Indie Beast (Play all songs of the Indie Rock genre)
    - Black Streak
    - Glass House
    - Tongue Tied

(If Bizarre Love Triangle is the DLC Spotlight Song)

Fly like a Butterfly, Sting like a B (Play all songs that starts with the letter "B")
    - Bizarre Love Triangle
    - Black Corridor
    - Brown-Eyed Girl (Repeat)

Anyways, I'll definitely be buying Glass House, since that's a RBVR Carryover (And it's also a awesome song, too, IMHO.)
  • Is Bizarre Love Triangle the Album Version or the Substance version? I've asked this on the previous thread, but no one from Harmonix answered.

Anyways, my predictions for this month's Weekly Challenges...

(If Glass House is the DLC Spotlight Song)

Unleash Your Indie Beast (Play all songs of the Indie Rock genre)
    - Black Streak
    - Glass House
    - Tongue Tied

(If Bizarre Love Triangle is the DLC Spotlight Song)

Fly like a Butterfly, Sting like a B (Play all songs that starts with the letter "B")
    - Bizarre Love Triangle
    - BETHANY
    - Brown-Eyed Girl (Repeat)

Anyways, I'll definitely be buying Glass House, since that's a RBVR Carryover (And it's also a awesome song, too, IMHO.)

Search your heart, you know it to be true.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Which version of Bizarre Love Triangle are we getting? Vocals sound a little different to me.
  • edited April 11
    @WoodenGlory I appreciate the humor, but I'm not replacing Black Corridor with a song that was already used twice. :p

(Besides, I like Black Corridor much, much, better...)
  • Grabbing both. First time in awhile I've been excited to play a song (bizarre love triangle). Would also like to know which version .
  • @WoodenGlory I appreciate the humor, but I'm not replacing Black Corridor with a song that was already used twice. :p

(Besides, I like Black Corridor much, much, better...)

A good metal song is like the white whale of spotlight songs: Rarely appears, but when it does, play it as much as you can.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Neat! Everyone knows by now what I'll have my fingers crossed for.
  • The Kaleo song is really good - thanks to HMX for the introduction to this band.. I will pick it up.
    New Order is not for me.
  • I was wondering which of the seemingly infinite amount of synths and insturments they would chart for guitar on Bizarre Love Triangle. From what I could see, they chose well.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited April 11
    This is a fantastic week, probably my two most anticipated songs of the month arriving on the same day! Too bad that it'll mean a week of repeats, but it's no different from the update weeks off last year.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited April 11
    TheStuddz said:

This is a fantastic week, probably my two most anticipated songs of the month arriving from on the same day! Too bad that it'll mean a week of repeats, but it's no different from the update weeks off last year.

That's not a given. We have Champagne Supernova, Heaven Knows, Free Bird, and Beast and the Harlot to go.
  • LIQPIGLIQPIG Unsigned
    It's a pass on both for me this week ☹️
  • New Order this early in the month? Perfect.
  • Would have preferred this version...
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    when I have a job I will get the New Order song

The Kaleo song looks fun, but I don't like listening to it, so I won't get that
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    tdc002 said:

Which version of Bizarre Love Triangle are we getting? Vocals sound a little different to me.

I believe it is the single version. The 12" version at the same point as where the gameplay was recorded has a completely different mix with louder vocals and has additional snares and claps. Also the drum pattern is completely different. A bit of a shame considering we have the full 12" Blue Monday (albeit with re-recorded drum snares). I was looking forward to the 12"'s drum intro :/ Nethertheless, it's an 80's song; an awesome 80's song!

As for the stems, it seems promising but not definite. The vocals sound strange because they sound more "dry" than what they do on the album. In fact most of the instruments do too.

Dry = instruments or vocals with no added sound effects like reverb, as it would usually sound in the recording studio.
    Wet = instruments or vocals with added effects like reverb, as most songs are heard after editing.

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I mean, a stone cold classic from the 80s that would have been perfect for Rock Band 3, but for some reason we never got it? There's very little chance that it uses full stems. But I'll hope for that outcome any way.