DLC Discussion Thread: Kaleo and New Order!

Comments

• Well going by what artists have been included. Use Somebody, I Will Wait and Counting Stars are missing in the challenge.

Dang, did I make the Challenge that many weeks ago...
  • There's some missing artists like The Chainsmokers, Lady Gaga, GNR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coachella_Festival_line-ups
  • Weird, Chainsmokers is even purple on that page for me.
  • I'm pretty surprised Fall Out Boy hasn't played there.
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Purchased both. Thanks for using full stems, Harmonix!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    @uppyb0t The theme is Coachella, not just festivals in general. They can't come out and say Coachella because they don't have the rights (like how they couldn't say Super Bowl).
    edited April 14
    Awwwwww. But the lineups and DLC potential!

Why didn't they just call it:
    "Put me in COACHella"?

Too clever and don't have the song.
  • Days of Peace Pack 01.
  • Looking at the eligible songs for the challenge, my spotlight picks with the old structure of 2 RB4 Disc/Rivals + 1 new DLC would've been:
    Bizarre Love Triangle
    Ain't Messin 'Round
    Dream Genie

• patl175patl175 Unsigned

Looking at the eligible songs for the challenge, my spotlight picks with the old structure of 2 RB4 Disc/Rivals + 1 new DLC would've been:
    Bizarre Love Triangle
    Ain't Messin 'Round
    Dream Genie

Lucky for us you didn't get to choose cuz dream genie wouldn't be fun for most of us, its way too hard and weird, i cant even 5 star it on expert and i've been playing since rb1 but i'd take bizarre love triangle over kaleo's track anyday (its a classic and should have been spotlight IMO)
  • Yeah I was kind of bummed BLT wasn't spotlight, but I guess they figured it would be a nice way to make more people buy Glass House (I mean, it sounds a bit bland to me so I probably won't be getting it anytime soon).
    It's essentially The Subways - Oh Yeah
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited April 15
    Looking forward to interviews with AudioDamn!, Against the Current and Blondfire then at this rate :p
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    patl175 said:

Looking at the eligible songs for the challenge, my spotlight picks with the old structure of 2 RB4 Disc/Rivals + 1 new DLC would've been:
    Bizarre Love Triangle
    Ain't Messin 'Round
    Dream Genie

Lucky for us you didn't get to choose cuz dream genie wouldn't be fun for most of us, its way too hard and weird, i cant even 5 star it on expert and i've been playing since rb1 but i'd take bizarre love triangle over kaleo's track anyday (its a classic and should have been spotlight IMO)
    They coulda just made SOMP spotlight again. They were spotlight in the unnamed big game week, they could be spotlight in the unnamed big festival week.
  • @thatmarkguy There's more than just Dream Genie unused from RB4 disc that was eligible to go alongside Ain't Messin 'Round:
    Dream Genie
    Birth in Reverse
    Short Skirt/Long Jacket
    Tongue Tied
    Violent Shiver

Also these RB4 disc songs haven't been used this year:
    Animal challenge - The Wolf, Arabella (early November)
    Color challenge - Fever (late November)
    "The" challenge - Somebody Told Me (early December)
    Royalty challenge - My God is the Sun (mid December)
    New Years Celebration challenge - Uptown Funk (late December)

So yeah, plenty of opportunity for a 2nd RB4 disc song instead of Ruby Soho.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned

patl175 said:

Bizarre Love Triangle
    Ain't Messin 'Round
    Dream Genie

They coulda just made SOMP spotlight again. They were spotlight in the unnamed big game week, they could be spotlight in the unnamed big festival week.
    I actually enjoy SOMP even if its hard so i wouldnt mind, but i get what you guys are saying that they sould use all the rb4 tracks instead of DLC as spotlight and i agree, but personnally i dont have fun playing dream genie unfortunately
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

@thatmarkguy There's more than just Dream Genie unused from RB4 disc that was eligible to go alongside Ain't Messin 'Round:
    Dream Genie
    Birth in Reverse
    Short Skirt/Long Jacket
    Tongue Tied
    Violent Shiver

It's been proven that people are willing to buy legacy DLC if it's a spotlight song. Ergo, spotlighting old DLC drives up sales of a song that probably stopped getting regular sales years ago, as well as reminds people "Hey, there's thousands of songs available!"

Plus, Harmonix is a business. They want to make money. Why would they have two songs everyone already has on there when they can make money selling DLC?
    Gross
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    Just played both new songs tonight. New Order sounded soooooo good. The Kaleo song was a lot of fun on guitar. I'm loving the quality of DLC lately!!
  • albert_24albert_24 Unsigned
    Kaleo sounded so familiar. I just realized they are on the Madden soundtrack.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Ugh... that drum machine in New Order does not work well with my arms and feet... I'm guessing if I could more accurately operate my HH pedal, I could save my arm and get a much better score.
  • BachiG said:

Ugh... that drum machine in New Order does not work well with my arms and feet... I'm guessing if I could more accurately operate my HH pedal, I could save my arm and get a much better score.

Is it worse than in Blue Monday? I mean, Blue Monday has pedal hell in it but aside from that I haven't played much of both songs on drums (too difficult for me lol)
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    For me it's definitely worse. Way worse. The open/closed HH thing is throughout the song, which is the part that kills me on this one... also, probably having played BM so many more times helps. :)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    New Order should be played by a machine, right? No, it's a real person! A robotic person. I always think of the scene in "24 Hour Party People" where they put the drummer on the roof and have him repeat the same beat for hours.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 17
    tdc002 said:

@thatmarkguy There's more than just Dream Genie unused from RB4 disc that was eligible to go alongside Ain't Messin 'Round:
    Dream Genie
    Birth in Reverse
    Short Skirt/Long Jacket
    Tongue Tied
    Violent Shiver

It's been proven that people are willing to buy legacy DLC if it's a spotlight song. Ergo, spotlighting old DLC drives up sales of a song that probably stopped getting regular sales years ago, as well as reminds people "Hey, there's thousands of songs available!"

Plus, Harmonix is a business. They want to make money. Why would they have two songs everyone already has on there when they can make money selling DLC?
    I know that but they should've at least did what they did with the 0 to 1 transition so say the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame challenge having 2, Coachella having 1, next challenge having 2, etc. Also there's the situation of broken non-delisted DLC, HMX needs to be careful they don't pick broken DLC. Of course the setup of 1 DLC and that being RB4 era negates that potential problem given the only problem is Follow Me Down for SIEE.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I love the song Bizarre Love Triangle, but that is not a fun drum track on expert. Maybe Hard or Medium has some fun-ness to it?
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Ended up enjoying Glass House way more than I expected. Damn song gets stuck in my head every time I hear it though.
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    They can't keep cycling the same disc songs forever. One of these days they're probably going to make all three spotlight songs DLC. If they use any broken entitlements, they can just swap out songs like when they used a broken rewind song.