Can't start the game.

When starting up the game it sees my Oculus headset, Touch controller, and Xbox One guitar controller, but when it says to hit the first fret to continue nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem???

Comments

• I had this problem. My computer was trying to do something else. Lift up your headset and look at your desktop then just click on the rockband window to bring it to the top. It should work fine after that.
  • inSain9876inSain9876 Unsigned
    I just gave that a try and it didn't work. I made sure everything else was closed. Had the Rock Band window maximized and everything. I'm so close to being able to play. This is a brand new controller that came with the VR bundle on Amazon. Doesn't even have the plastic off the back yet. Hoping I didn't get a defective controller.
  • I have the exact same issue. Everything is connected, the in-game guitar even changes to detect that I'm using an XBox Jaguar, but I cannot hit the Continue button. All guitar input is ignored.
  • I'm in the same boat. As per my other post on the forum, I was initially able to play, but now the game doesn't accept input from the guitar, which it sees as connected. Other apps have no issue accepting input from it. I've tried reboots, restarting the game, moving the wireless dongle to another port, replacing batteries, etc.
  • I have the RB4 strat, so this doesn't apply.
  • krectuskrectus Opening Act
    Had this problem once, but restarting everything fixed the problem. So good news, it's fixable I guess.
  • An full uninstall/reinstall fixed this for me, so that may help, too.
  • I have the same issue with a brand new xbone guitar I got today. Have tried uninstall reinstall, syncing guitar to xb one then back to PC, reboot countless times, selective boot to block additional apps loading, etc. etc. Buttons worked fine on the xbox so its not hardware.
  • Hodup said:

I have the same issue with a brand new xbone guitar I got today. Have tried uninstall reinstall, syncing guitar to xb one then back to PC, reboot countless times, selective boot to block additional apps loading, etc. etc. Buttons worked fine on the xbox so its not hardware.

I don't know if this is relevant, but the uninstall/reinstall that worked for me was done by opening the oculus app in Windows, clicking on the library tab at the top, and then right clicking on the Rock Band VR app and selecting "uninstall."
    I then reinstalled it from the app, too, so basically, everything was outside of the headset, with the guitar off.

• Having the same issue, trying a reinstall now.
  • Has there been any update to this? Just opened my Amazon bundle. It's the Fender Strat Xbox One controller. Game detects headset, touch and controller. But I can't hit the continue fret at start up. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling game from Oculus App. Rebooted Win 10 PC. Am I suppose to see the buttons being pressed in the virtual guitar? Also am I supposed to just press the green button and press and hold and strum the guitar? Nothing works.
  • edited March 24
    Dusk22 said:

Has there been any update to this? Just opened my Amazon bundle. It's the Fender Strat Xbox One controller. Game detects headset, touch and controller. But I can't hit the continue fret at start up. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling game from Oculus App. Rebooted Win 10 PC. Am I suppose to see the buttons being pressed in the virtual guitar? Also am I supposed to just press the green button and press and hold and strum the guitar? Nothing works.

You are supposed to see more or less anything you do on the virtual guitar happened in game. Setting the RBVR.exe to run as administrator fixed the issue for me. The only odd thing is when I got to the actual menu/band "room" the screen was black, but the issue went away when I pressed the A button on the touch controller.
  • It's gotta be Windows 10 Anniversary specifically, are you on a different version?
  • Got it working now. I set rbvr to always run as administrator. I launched RBVR from oculus headset and got a OVR75318303 error. I went back into my folder and deselected run as administrator. Launched again and now game is recognizing guitar inputs and I can get past the continue screen. Just completed tutorial.
    Damn it...I just tried the admin thing, got that error, changed it back, and it still doesn't work. And I'm sure returning this is going to be a huge pain in the ass since I've used the download code. This blows.
  • Damn it...I just tried the admin thing, got that error, changed it back, and it still doesn't work. And I'm sure returning this is going to be a huge pain in the ass since I've used the download code. This blows.

This is going to sound silly, but when you set the run as admin flag, make sure you don't turn on compatibility mode.
  • Also, a couple more things:
    1: Make sure if you run as admin that you have admin privilege on the machine.
    2: try running the RBVR.exe from windows so you can accept the UAC dialog prompt to run as admin.

I'd give them a day or two before you return it to see if they release a patch to fix it.
  • Tried running RVBR.exe as admin here, no go. No amount of uninstall/reinstall/reboots/port changes/insert_sneaky_IT_trick_here has managed to get me past that Continue button. It just sits there mocking me.

Hope we get a response from Harmonix soon, but I don't see an awful lot of folks posting with this error, so who knows.
    I tried the admin thing one more time and made sure I got that UAC prompt. I changed USB ports making sure it was in a USB 3.0. Checked Windows 10 updates one last time. Uninstalled and reinstalled for the 3rd or 4th time. Still nothing. I've been trying to message Oculus and Harmonix and am not getting much past "Is it Windows 10? Do you have a 360 or One controller?" Ect. Pretty much the IT help equivalent of "Is it plugged in? Did you turn it off and turn it back on?". I just wish there was some indication that they know there is an issue and are working on it. So far it seems like they are looking at it like "Ok, so what is he doing incorrectly?"
    For anyone with the same issues, I have Oculus checking out my Oculus log files and Harmonix checking out the dxdiag file for my copy of Windows. Hopefully between the 2 we can get this fixed. I'll report back if a solution is found.
  • kenekekeneke Road Warrior
    I was having the same problem, PS4 - RB4 Strat guitar, Win 10, couldn't get anything to work.

Tutorial was just me standing on a stage with my band mates.
    Changed to skip the tutorial, crashed then restarted.
    Then I could get into the band room.
    Crashed to Oculus home trying anything.

Changing rbvr.exe to run as admin did the trick! Thanks!
  • edited March 25
    Things tried now:

1.) Reboots. Endless, endless reboots.
    2.) Full uninstall reinstall of all Oculus drivers.
    3.) Full uninstall reinstall of Rock Band VR. At this point, I have tried installing to 4 different drives.
    4.) Changing the USB port the XBox receiver is connected to.
    5.) Running the app as admin both manually, and automatically.
    6.) Running the app in all compatibility modes.
    7.) Clicking into the window at various, random points.
    8.) The obligatory Jaguar firmware update, which was successful, and weird.

Nothing has changed. The guitar controller, Rift, and Touch are all detected fine during startup. The model changes to the Jaguar model, so the game itself IS detecting the proper instrument controller at some level, but then it just summarily ignores the button press for Continue.

Really surprised Harmonix doesn't have someone assigned to these forums.

For those that contacted Harmonix or Oculus tech support, any further response? Very disappointing, as I was looking forward to this release for months. Might be time to start TS'ing the problem in earnest with other folks having the same, specific issue and looking for hardware commonalities, rather than waiting for acknowledgement of a fix or issue.
  • I've got a similar problem, only make it as far as the room where it gives silly messages like "Texting Maddy" while you can strum and play on the guitar. This is fine, but it never resolves to the main game. Somehow or another, my daughter got it to work once. The game is amazing. We went to try it the next day--stuck in the loading room forever doing solo licks. I don't even get a "touch first fret" message.
  • edited March 27
    Did you install the little strange black bracket with a large hole in the top of the guitar neck???

Sucks hearing all about these problems as i just bought a rift last week and about died when i seen that little bracket thingy in the rift box that said rock band vr.

Crazy how i was thinking about possble cool games and saying to the wife how it would be awesome if they had rockband vr and you could finally feel like your playing in front of a live audience! How nuts is that??

My fav game! Would be a dream come true.
  • Having the same issue here and have tried all of the troubleshooting steps provided by users. Harmonix...where ARE YOU?
  • Here is the next one. I was playing already, everything worked - now after a break of some days I jumped in - and couldn't get over the first "continue". It take a long time and endless restarts, connecting an deconnectin the guitar (XBOX, brandnew) - and all of a sudden it worked again.

This is annoying and something obvious not quite right.
  • krectuskrectus Opening Act
    Yeah I thought these issues might be only with a few people but it seems like almost everyone has had some pretty bad technical issues, very disappointing that this would be released with major, across the board problems. Hopefully someone from Harmonix is reading this and will give an apology and announce when these issues will be fixed.
    New development. I just did a live chat with tech support at Mad Catz to see if they may be able to help. Turns out they had no idea that their controllers were shipping with Rock Band VR. He said a different company does the controller for Harmonix now and the Mad Catz controllers may not be compatable with the game. He said Harmonix uses a company called PDP for their controllers now.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 27
    While I don't play RBVR, I do play RB4 and the guitar is exactly the same as the Rivals bundle guitars.

For those who have issues when you need to press a fret to continue. If you take your headset off and look at the LED next to the Xbox or Playstation button on your guitar controller, does the light flash off and on? If it does then that's an issue with the guitar itself, not the game.

Note the flashing issue has been something some Rock Band Rivals instrument bundle owners have been experiencing since October 2016.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file