Can't start the game.

Comments

• inSain9876inSain9876 Unsigned
    Nah, the button stays lit like it is connected the whole time. If Mad Catz was not involved with the VR game at all there may be some missing files/drivers to make it PC compatible.
  • New development. I just did a live chat with tech support at Mad Catz to see if they may be able to help. Turns out they had no idea that their controllers were shipping with Rock Band VR. He said a different company does the controller for Harmonix now and the Mad Catz controllers may not be compatable with the game. He said Harmonix uses a company called PDP for their controllers now.

I got the same line from Mad Catz...yet the support paper inside the box said to contact them!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

New development. I just did a live chat with tech support at Mad Catz to see if they may be able to help. Turns out they had no idea that their controllers were shipping with Rock Band VR. He said a different company does the controller for Harmonix now and the Mad Catz controllers may not be compatable with the game. He said Harmonix uses a company called PDP for their controllers now.

While true, it is Mad Catz controllers that are shipping with Rock Band VR. (Basically: Strat = MC, Jag = PDP.) Responsibility depends on whether it's a hardware or software defect, and it's hard to figure that out at this point.
  • I am really missing any statement from Harmonix. So sad.
  • Still not even an "We are aware there is an issue guys" post from Harmonix?
    They seem utterly content to let folks migrate to Oculus's tech support. (which has been earnest, but really, I'm not sure this is a 'Rift' problem)

Harmonix, you need to put this one back in the oven for another month.
  • Uh, I'M an employee. HMX = employee.
  • edited March 29
    HMXOwl said:

Uh, I'M an employee. HMX = employee.

So what's the status on this issue? This is my 6th consecutive night trying everything I know to get this running, and I've made zero headway.
  • HMXOwl said:

Not very helpful to the thread...how about some troubleshooting tips or insight in to if this is something you guys are patching?
  • keneke said:

I was having the same problem, PS4 - RB4 Strat guitar, Win 10, couldn't get anything to work.

Tutorial was just me standing on a stage with my band mates.
    Changed to skip the tutorial, crashed then restarted.
    Then I could get into the band room.
    Crashed to Oculus home trying anything.

Changing rbvr.exe to run as admin did the trick! Thanks!

My game will finally launch with my guitar controller if I run it in Windows 8 compatibility mode. However I have the same issue as the quoted above.

Unfortunately Oculus gives me some error when I try to launch in admin mode.

Very frustrating! I was just getting a slight glimmer of hope that I would get things running!
  • Today I started again. Hang on the first "Continue" as always. Then I grabbed the RBVR-Window with the mouse and moved it to some other place on the screen - and it worked just like a miracle..

Hmm, just my cents. Had some good songs and had fun.
  • fiutare said:

Today I started again. Hang on the first "Continue" as always. Then I grabbed the RBVR-Window with the mouse and moved it to some other place on the screen - and it worked just like a miracle..

It only accepts inputs when it's the foreground window, had it somehow been slipping behind something before now?
    fiutare said:

Today I started again. Hang on the first "Continue" as always. Then I grabbed the RBVR-Window with the mouse and moved it to some other place on the screen - and it worked just like a miracle..

I just tried that same thing and got no response. I have a dual monitor setup and even went between the 2 monitors and made sure everything else was closed. Glad it worked for you though. Hopefully they get the rest of us fixed soon.
  • HMXOwl said:

Could have fooled me. Maybe a contribution instead of waving your acronym around, for starters.

• dgelias said:

HMXOwl said:

Could have fooled me. Maybe a contribution instead of waving your acronym around, for starters.

If you think that was my first and only post in this sub, you should look around first. : )
  • I'm only watching this thread, as it's specific to me; We all want the same thing here, I'm sure. I think most of the people in this thread were hoping for either a bit more "immediacy" or some formal acknowledgement of the issues and that they are being worked on.
  • HMXOwl said:

fiutare said:

It only accepts inputs when it's the foreground window, had it somehow been slipping behind something before now?
    It was never "visually" behind something (big screen here) but I guess system-wise. Hope you understand my poor english.
  • Windows has some kind of update for me, I was running anniversary so my windows wasn't out of date, and I doubt this will fix anything but it seems the game and my Windows 10 + PS3 guitar controller combo won't get along so it's worth a shot.

Will report back but I doubt anything will change.
  • Unfortunately nothing changed with Nvidia driver update and Windows 10 update. I'm going to try another reinstall.
  • Reinstall no dice.

I'm out of ideas.
  • Hope something happends quick cause i want to buy the game but i guess ill wait for a fix first.. no point in blowing $50 for nothing.
  • Hope something happends quick cause i want to buy the game but i guess ill wait for a fix first.. no point in blowing $50 for nothing.

I'm really close to asking for a refund from Amazon, I spent $75 for a bundle I can't use on a new PC built specifically for VR. Oculus won't answer support questions, Mad Catz points fingers elsewhere, and Harmonix statements to the forum here are flippant and give zero useful information.
    Hodup said:

Hope something happends quick cause i want to buy the game but i guess ill wait for a fix first.. no point in blowing $50 for nothing.

I'm really close to asking for a refund from Amazon, I spent $75 for a bundle I can't use on a new PC built specifically for VR. Oculus won't answer support questions, Mad Catz points fingers elsewhere, and Harmonix statements to the forum here are flippant and give zero useful information.
    100% same experience here. I just know the second I send this thing back there is gonna be a patch or some kind of solution and I'll be super pissed at myself.
  • edited March 30
    Gave up. Oculus issued a refund. 50% frustration with product, 50% frustration with support. 100% waste of time. Good luck to those continuing the fight against apathy.
  • krectuskrectus Opening Act
    feel your pain, too bad there's no way to downgrade from Windows 10 anniversary. But hopefully they can get a fix for those of you on that.
  • Well this is probably why Mad Catz was deflecting all support requests www.polygon.com/2017/3/31/15137812/mad-catz-shut-down-bankruptcy
    And this may explain the lack of help or a solution to fixing our issues. https://uploadvr.com/lay-offs-hit-rock-band-vr-dev-harmonix/
  • And this may explain the lack of help or a solution to fixing our issues. https://uploadvr.com/lay-offs-hit-rock-band-vr-dev-harmonix/

Well that certainly seals the deal, processing Amazon return now, I don't expect a fix to this anytime soon.
  • just got my guitar via amazon today. super excited to play some vr rockband first round of issues was that I couldn't get the game to start if my ps4 guitar was connected via bluetooth. the only way a window would even show up for the game was if it was turned off and if I tried to connect it while the game was running it would crash, but that was fixed by running the game in compatibility mode for windows 8. The problem I'm having now just will not go away. the game starts I can play and hear everything and do everything just fine during the loading screen then after i hit continue the tips or whatever comes up then it crashes. I have a few logs that popped up after it crashed when i got it to actually run with the guitar but I don't know how to post it here if i can.
  • And here I am still not able to use the whammy bar.
  • I came here because I had this exact problem. For me the fix was that the window was not the primary clicked window. Whew.. was about to ask for a refund as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file