DLC to RB4 - (SIEE - DSB and Smooth Criminal, Xbox/SIEA - Spinal Tap)

Comments

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    So are the people who didn’t redownload the Dinosaur Jr. songs when they were accidentally put up at launch **** out of luck? These are by far my most missed songs in RB4
  • hiimSMAP said:

So are the people who didn’t redownload the Dinosaur Jr. songs when they were accidentally put up at launch **** out of luck? These are by far my most missed songs in RB4

No, they'll come eventually. Maybe XB1 and SIEA will end up with a large batch of fixes once SIEE has finally caught up.
  • KainKain Unsigned
    Is that really what they're waiting for? They're holding off on releasing any more delists in the states until SIEE stops sitting on their thumbs? I see "eventually" being the month before the PS5 is released. Then we start the whole cycle all over again on a new generation...
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Grumble is speculating. Don't take that as gospel.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    Wohoo, Spinal Tap is working on Xbox! :D
  • dinoman said:

Wohoo, Spinal Tap is working on Xbox! :D

Both packs or just one?
    Both packs :D
    Oh yeah, Hell Hole is appearently missing
  • Rock and Roll Creation also not there. But the other 13 are. Woot!
    13 Steps to completing Rock Band 4 then
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Awesome. That at least tells me the Spinal Tap songs aren't straggling because of legal issues (the talent and the studio have been involved in a rather lengthy lawsuit fighting over royalties stemming from This Is Spinal Tap, and I was starting to suspect HMX was holding back on re-upping those entitlements because of that).

So now I know - it's not a legal issue keeping my PS4 from getting Spinal Tap songs, it's just good old fashioned technical difficulties.
  • dinoman said:

13 Steps to completing Rock Band 4 then

Better than Nowhere :p
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    Can confirm... Both spinal taps were in my 'ready to install' area! Woot woot!
  • Awesome. That at least tells me the Spinal Tap songs aren't straggling because of legal issues (the talent and the studio have been involved in a rather lengthy lawsuit fighting over royalties stemming from This Is Spinal Tap, and I was starting to suspect HMX was holding back on re-upping those entitlements because of that).

So now I know - it's not a legal issue keeping my PS4 from getting Spinal Tap songs, it's just good old fashioned technical difficulties.

The only songs that could be affected, sadly, were the RB1 SIEE bonus songs because of the way those were handled.

Any actual dlc songs should be air tight for USE in all RB platform games.

It's why I suspect RBVR got RHCP dlc despite their songs starting to be delisted. Most people thought it was a change of heart, but to me it seems RBVR is part of the platform so any dlc that is currently sellable is fair game to sell on VR (which the RHCP song in question was iirc as it wasn't delisted yet).
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited December 7
    Glad to see entitlements are still being resolved! Updated the OP and excel attachment. :)

SIEE:
    Metallica Pack
    Don't Stop Believin'
    Smooth Criminal

Xbox:
    Spinal Tap Packs

SIEA:
    Spinal Tap Packs
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    edited December 7
    Spinal Tap fixed (back from the dead)???

Well then, tonight I'm gonna rock you tonight! :)

Thanks HMX and MS!

• Spinal Tap also available for SIEA!!!
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Not as singles though (i cherry picked the album and cant find them) siea
  • This one goes well past 11!
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    That solo in Back from the Dead. I forgot how ridiculous the chart is! :scream:
  • patl175 said:

Not as singles though (i cherry picked the album and cant find them) siea

True. I bought the pack but not the album. Guess i'll be waiting a bit for the rest of the songs i cherry picked lol
  • :open_mouth: never even noticed the Spinal Tap songs weren't in RB4 .... woohoo DL'in even more DLC today. :)
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    Thanks from the little children of Rock Band!
    edited December 7

Awesome. That at least tells me the Spinal Tap songs aren't straggling because of legal issues (the talent and the studio have been involved in a rather lengthy lawsuit fighting over royalties stemming from This Is Spinal Tap, and I was starting to suspect HMX was holding back on re-upping those entitlements because of that).

The only songs that could be affected, sadly, were the RB1 SIEE bonus songs because of the way those were handled.

Any actual dlc songs should be air tight for USE in all RB platform games.

It's why I suspect RBVR got RHCP dlc despite their songs starting to be delisted. Most people thought it was a change of heart, but to me it seems RBVR is part of the platform so any dlc that is currently sellable is fair game to sell on VR (which the RHCP song in question was iirc as it wasn't delisted yet).
    But it seems so strangely coincidental that, after over two years of waiting, when we were told that the fixes were completely independent and were in each console storefront's court... that after all this time, it gets fixed on both Xbox and SIEA on the same day?

How much more concidental could it be?

The answer is none.

None more coincidental.
  • There is no licensing in putting files up for owners.
    edited December 7
    So is it just absolute pure coincidence that two storefronts who have apparently been asked to put up this content for two years finally got it done, two years later, on the same day?

Or was there a recent HMX-end push on these particular titles that made their coincidentally-timed availability more likely?
  • HMXOwl said:

We give them fixed content (or work with them to fix it). Then we say, "When can you get this up?" They aligned here. There's no conspiracy here, just incredibly boring information!

Eh, boring conversation anyway ;)
  • Aw i forgot Stonehenge wasn't in the pack. Now waiting for the singles to arrive will be even more intriguing though.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    This brings out the duty in my soul.