DLC to RB4 - (SIEE - DSB and Smooth Criminal, Xbox/SIEA - Spinal Tap)

Comments

• The in-game store, Playstation network and playstation website. And I didnt buy the whole pack so its not that
  • KainKain Unsigned
    Exactly what is the Rusty Cage problem? A couple weeks ago, I was going through the RB4 Addons list in the PSN store when I saw Rusty Cage listed as being "Free". I thought, "How could I have missed this, it's not on my personal spreadsheet of missing entitlement tracks..." so I started up the game without "purchasing" it, and it was already in my track list. I didn't try playing it, so I don't know if it works, but I did think it was weird that it's showing up in the store as unpurchased and free. Is that the Rusty Cage problem, or is there more to this story?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    As I understand it, people who got Rusty Cage as part of the "Celebrating Soundgarden On Tour" pack never had any problem with it. People who got it as a single last gen were having entitlement issues with it. When HMX applied a fix that was supposed to patch up all these singles with entitlement issues, something screwy was still happening for Rusty Cage. If I remember correctly, single buyers who tried to download it were being told they couldn't because they did not have the "Celebrating Band on the Run" pack... clearly there was a cross-up in the parent entitlements for that song. At the same time, "Rusty Cage" started showing as 'free' for Celebrating Soundgarden pack owners (which didn't really change anything; they already had the track!), rather than the typical case of a pack-track showing its single price in the store.
  • The in-game store just gives me the three blinking dots and the website says not available for purchase
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    cbt87 said:

The in-game store just gives me the three blinking dots and the website says not available for purchase

And what does the webstore say when you click "Tell Me More"? That's where it would usually tell you about the reason a track is unavailable for purchase.
  • It says I've already purchased Rusty Cage
  • cbt87 said:

It says I've already purchased Rusty Cage

Same here.
  • hello everyone!
    Yesterday my girlfriend bought me rock band 4 ps4 as a present (nice girl :D)
    since I own almost all the previous games (rb1, rb2, lego rock band, beatles rock band,rock band3) and many dlc songs I've started searching how to play all those songs on rock band 4.
    If I understand correctly I cannot play rock band 1,2 lego and beatles on rb4.
    I can play rb3 songs if I buy the export key (15€)

but what about the dlc? I have bought A LOT of dlc on the previous titles such as linkin park pack, coldplay pack, oasis pack, kings of leon pack, blink 182 pack and so on...
    If I try to download these songs on rb4 it wants me to pay for them and they should be free, shouldn't they?
    how to get them for free? do I have to buy the rb3 export to be able to paly the dlc songs?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 21
    @matpic Here's the situation regarding exports:
    - If you exported RB1, RB2 and LRB you should have access to them in RB4 but if you didn't buy the export then you can buy some of the setlist songs as standalone DLC.
    - You are correct about RB3 export, if you've played RB3 at all you will be able to buy the RB3 export.

As for DLC, the Sony Europe situation is still a gigantic mess. Many entitlements are not working properly so you just have to wait for Sony Europe to fix those. This has been a constant battle over the past 2 years, there's even a dedicated Sony Europe thread that has nearly reached 250 pages long.
  • @matpic Here's the situation regarding exports:
    - If you exported RB1, RB2 and LRB you should have access to them in RB4 but if you didn't buy the export then you can buy some of the setlist songs as standalone DLC.
    - You are correct about RB3 export, if you've played RB3 at all you will be able to buy the RB3 export.

As for DLC, the Sony Europe situation is still a gigantic mess. Many entitlements are not working properly so you just have to wait for Sony Europe to fix those. This has been a constant battle over the past 2 years, there's even a dedicated Sony Europe thread that has nearly reached 250 pages long.

thanks for answering!

what do you mean with "if you exported"? I remember paying to export rock band 1 on rb2 or something like this but I can't remember a lot..

as for Dlc, do you mean that it's a problem only with sony europe and the pal version of the game? the us version of rb4 doesn't have problems? because I had rock band 1 Ntsc version so at the beginning I bought a lot of ntsc dlc songs too
  • @matpic What I mean by "if you exported" is pretty much if you have RB1/RB2/LRB songs in your RB3 library then that means you exported those games and so those will be playable in RB4.

Regarding DLC, the situation is much better on the Sony America and Xbox One fronts. There are still broken entitlements but there are far fewer broken entitlements than for Sony Europe. It's pretty much to do with the fact that unlike Xbox, Playstation doesn't have a universal store so a fix for Sony America doesn't mean it's also fixed for Sony Europe. All issues will be fixed eventually though you may have to wait months for some of them.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    matpic said:

hello everyone!
    since I own almost all the previous games (rb1, rb2, lego rock band, beatles rock band,rock band3) and many dlc songs I've started searching how to play all those songs on rock band 4.

but what about the dlc? I have bought A LOT of dlc on the previous titles such as linkin park pack, coldplay pack, oasis pack, kings of leon pack, blink 182 pack and so on...
    If I try to download these songs on rb4 it wants me to pay for them and they should be free, shouldn't they?
    how to get them for free? do I have to buy the rb3 export to be able to paly the dlc songs?

You don't say what you played RB1/2/3 on. If it was on PS3 then you should be sorta good, except for the lame-ness of Sony Europe. If you played RB1/2/3 on Xbox then you have no entitlements to the songs on Playstation.

Later you mentioned buying lots of songs on "NTSC". Does that mean you were buying from Sony America versus Sony Europe? (If ti was Xbox anything you are completely out of luck already.) I don't know how the entitlements work across the different Sony stores, but that could also be a problem for you.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited September 22
    matpic said:

@matpic Here's the situation regarding exports:

thanks for answering!

what do you mean with "if you exported"? I remember paying to export rock band 1 on rb2 or something like this but I can't remember a lot..

as for Dlc, do you mean that it's a problem only with sony europe and the pal version of the game? the us version of rb4 doesn't have problems? because I had rock band 1 Ntsc version so at the beginning I bought a lot of ntsc dlc songs too
    Basically, with the PS3 and PS4, the game's region has to match the DLC/content, otherwise it won't be playable.

If you bought songs/exports from the US PSN Store for RB1/2/3, they will only work with the US version of Rock Band 4.

If you bought songs/exports from either the AU/EU/UK PSN Store for RB1/2/3, they will only work with the AU/EU/UK version of Rock Band 4.

I own both the US and UK versions of RB4 for that very same reason... I have DLC/Exports bought from both the US and Australia, so different songs show up in each of the games... and since RB4 has a separate trophy list for both the US and UK version, it's another reason to play RB4 more!
  • matpic said:

hello everyone!

You don't say what you played RB1/2/3 on. If it was on PS3 then you should be sorta good, except for the lame-ness of Sony Europe. If you played RB1/2/3 on Xbox then you have no entitlements to the songs on Playstation.

Later you mentioned buying lots of songs on "NTSC". Does that mean you were buying from Sony America versus Sony Europe? (If ti was Xbox anything you are completely out of luck already.) I don't know how the entitlements work across the different Sony stores, but that could also be a problem for you.
    yes I have Rock band 1,2 and 3 for Ps3 and they are NTSC versions (bought in the Us from the e-bay) and a lot of dlc bought from the Us psn store for those 2 games
    then I have rb3 pal version for ps3 with other dlc songs purchased on the Eu store.
    now I have rb4 in Eu version
  • matpic said:

matpic said:

hello everyone!

yes I have Rock band 1,2 and 3 for Ps3 and they are NTSC versions (bought in the Us from the e-bay) and a lot of dlc bought from the Us psn store for those 2 games
    then I have rb3 pal version for ps3 with other dlc songs purchased on the Eu store.
    No mixing and matching ever. That's the issue.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    edited September 23
    Hmmm...

• @LordFlatus
    Problem? Did I accidentally click something?
    HMXOwl said:

matpic said:

matpic said:

hello everyone!

No mixing and matching ever. That's the issue.
    Agree on the no mixing and matching, but it definitely adds extra playability to the game having two separate trophy lists, and with Rivals, whatever XP and points I earn on one version automatically appears in the other version.

We've always had difficulties with Rock Band in Australia, the original game was released late, RB2 was never officially released here (only in EU/UK), and all of the track packs (except Song Pack/Track Pack Vol. 2) were never released outside of North America, so that was reason enough to purchase the game discs from the US and buy a few songs here and there until the games finally made an appearance in Oz or the UK.

And, when we discovered RB4 had a separate trophy list for both regions, I quickly tried to get as many of the Exports on the US version (got all of them except LEGO). I've got just under 1900 songs on the AU/UK version, and just under 700 on the US version.

If there's ever another add-on/expansion for the game, please add more trophies/achievements... though, i'd always prefer more DLC. :smiley:
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    Been a while since Xbox got any delisted content... :(
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    I'm still eagerly awaiting the Naked Brothers Band songs return, as well as the Snoop Dogg songs (purchased them as a pack) and the RB2 bonus songs that aren't playable on PS4 right now like Visions.

The least likely post ever on these forums, I know! :)
    dinoman said:

Been a while since Xbox got any delisted content... :(

Be thankful you've got most of it back... we SIEE users are missing so much more and getting nothing. No songs. No comment from Harmonix. :cry:
  • Hey SIEA, MTV2 Pack 01, what singles can you download if you bought singles and not the Pack?
  • I was able to download the 3 of them (i bought them all three as singles at seperate times)
  • SIEA user here: I bought Moving to Seattle and Bullets & Guns as singles back in the day, says I can't download them because I didn't buy the pack.
  • TheMurals said:

SIEA user here: I bought Moving to Seattle and Bullets & Guns as singles back in the day, says I can't download them because I didn't buy the pack.

Oh I think I may be having the same problem . Problem is I have almost every song across three accounts so that my main wasn't flooded with a huge list. I'll double check if I actually bought them or I'm thinking of the wrong songs.
  • TheMurals said:

SIEA user here: I bought Moving to Seattle and Bullets & Guns as singles back in the day, says I can't download them because I didn't buy the pack.

Hmmm, ok, can you throw me your PSNID and a screenshot of that pop-up? Thanks.
  • No luck with 'Moving to Seattle' for me as well (SIEA)
  • Any word about Rusty Cage SCEA?? its still broken. Bought as a single.
  • edited October 7
    According to the Marketplace track data sheet, Guns and Roses album is already working for NA users, but I wasn't able to get it back. So, is Chinese Democracy working or not?

Edit: Searched for Chinese Democarcy (album) and that's all I had to do.