'Checking Setlist...'

Comments

• AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    You have to wait for the song previews to load. Sometimes it takes so long to start that it isn't worth waiting. Easier to just have someone give up their choice. This is especially true for 3 and 4 person bands.
  • I agree with the comment about me 100% – people have been trying to troubleshoot this from the beginning in there are many theories but I really believe its network related – the odd thing is that it doesn't seem related to the volume of activity in the game itself, I can be playing at 4 AM but are there anyone else online and not be able to make even a two song setlist, yet I could also play at prime time hours in a four band without trouble – I can't see it being anything other than network related, not just not settings but something to do with the Rock Band servers and Xbox live – it happened with blitz and continues still, it's happening with RB3 now.

I've always been really surprised that this "glitch" has not been the biggest issue to receive non-stop attention by HMX – with apologies and updates as to the progress, they seem unable to replicate it but I don't see how that's possible, I don't know a single person who hasn't had this issue, and at this point there should be a drinking game what everyone does a shot when all of the songs are accepted because it's so unusual.

Although thinking about this it would very quickly lead to a spin-off game of Rock Band: Drunk.

We waited for online play for so long and then it's like we are conditioned now to just take what we can get. It's just such a shame and I don't know what I'll do if I don't have any music games left, RB3 in its glory days was one of the best games I've ever played if not the best and I made so many friends – all these people are still out there but they're leaving.

I can't imagine this in any other game as an acceptable situation but both the lack of competition in this genre as well as the long-standing loyalty and huge amount of dedicated fans especially from the RB3 days keeps us desperately still playing and hoping it will be fixed before most people have left –

I wonder if the whole rhythm and music gaming genre will go through a resurgence at some point, it was huge for a while but now it's really just the one game. It's a shame because there is 1000 shooting games or RPG games but people still want to be able to make music together as well.
  • Starting a new Greenroom all together seems to fix being able to pick 4 songs. As in, once the 'glitch' starts happening... just make a new online game.
  • Referencing the comment above mine – this is true but it doesn't always work it's kind of a toss up – sometimes it works and sometimes nothing changes.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    Last weekend session while being host, I was able to fix this checking setlist by merely waiting for 10 to 20 seconds after all songs were selected among the 3 other clients. This only worked for about 3 setlist and then the waiting game didn't work anymore. It got to the point where a full band could only pick 1 song. This bug is alive and kicking. When will it be put to bed? This should be top priority to fix over the cheaters on the leaderboards. We just want to jam and have fun without any stupid delay's like this one. I'll be shocked if the next update doesn't fix this issue.
  • edited May 2
    Most recent checking setlist bug report.

First time had to back out to green room and return.

Second time, got the error, but somehow when I tapped "A" again, it went through.

I'm on high quality wired bandwidth.

@joseph5185 and @Wildcat15 can reveal their network configurations, because they were the ones in it with me. =P

ETA: @joseph5185 has Google Fiber, as posted below.
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    A thing that me and the guys have done lately and it seems to keep the glitch at bay is:

One of us (usually me) will setup up the green room. I'll tell them in chat that I'm in and then they will just go through the xbox dashboard and join me that way. It even works this way, when as the host, you click "invite friends" and get a blank screen forever! :smirk:

We all end up in the green room and start playing! And we've gone all evening (or hours at least) playing with out seeing the "Checking Setlist" end boss.

YMMV, but it's worth seeing if it may help for some of you! :smiley:

Good Luck.

And c'mon HMX... Maybe you can add this fix to a soon to drop update where you can add other things like Online QP, removal of the ONE SONG per player at select screen and allowing for more then one player in the same room online. We've been here treading water while you've been busy with other titles, but it's getting old and frustrating to your core playerbase. It really is past due for you to start dedicating some premium quality time to your flagship!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    1 song per player is one of the main things that makes RB4's online better than RB3. No more of someone deciding to create an ~10 song setlist and delete all your picks, a very common occurrence online in RB3.
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    But we only have the option to play with friends currently. So we wouldn't have the issue of someone doing that or choosing A7X over and over and over! Or at least if they want to stay on a friends list for very long that is.

And for when they introduce Online QP (and they must), they can just add an option in the hosts setting for this to stay on or allow multiple choices per player. Options are good!

I'd really love them to just add the thing that me and my band played the most anyway. . . Party Shuffle! Included all our songs, in a random order and we'd just play or skip as we went. The show never stopped! I miss that the most! :disappointed:
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    Well...I have Google fiber so...
  • edited May 2
    Zenzuki said:

A thing that me and the guys have done lately and it seems to keep the glitch at bay is:

One of us (usually me) will setup up the green room. I'll tell them in chat that I'm in and then they will just go through the xbox dashboard and join me that way. It even works this way, when as the host, you click "invite friends" and get a blank screen forever! :smirk:

We all end up in the green room and start playing! And we've gone all evening (or hours at least) playing with out seeing the "Checking Setlist" end boss.

YMMV, but it's worth seeing if it may help for some of you! :smiley:

Good Luck.

And c'mon HMX... Maybe you can add this fix to a soon to drop update where you can add other things like Online QP, removal of the ONE SONG per player at select screen and allowing for more then one player in the same room online. We've been here treading water while you've been busy with other titles, but it's getting old and frustrating to your core playerbase. It really is past due for you to start dedicating some premium quality time to your flagship!

My best games have been when I ask people to join me through their Xbox Guide button. Never even thought about that. I can never get that 'invite friends' screen to even show up before I get the 'you have lost connection the RB servers'.
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited June 1
    Still getting checking setlist, even post patch. Had it last night in 2, 3 and 4 person bands. Anyone else? It actually seemed worse last night.
  • Still seems like it needs to load the preview for it to work. Was actually able to pick 3 songs out of 4 players quite a few times. Sometimes I (host) would pick the same song (as other player) just to get it to load and then go back to my original pick... but it just takes quite a bit of song list scrolling to do that and it's kinda tedious.

Although it seems I can get the "X button-Friends" list to show up all the time now. :)
  • @ohNOitsLYNCHO You're on XB1, right? If you play RB4 soon after switching on the console, have you and your crew been waiting around 15 minutes on the dashboard before starting RB4?

I think that will help fix your problem if you don't already do it as long loading times for songs can come from the XB1 not having "warmed up". The XB1 OS has got rather bad again especially in the last few months so the waiting on the dashboard advice may help.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

waiting on the dashboard

The best Fratellis song.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    LoopyChew said:

waiting on the dashboard

The best Fratellis song.
    Still can't believe they pulled off that Meat Loaf collab.
  • @grumblevolcano I do a hard reset (turn-off power strip that has Xb1, 360, PS, Modem, etc on it) whenever I start playing RB. I used to wait until I heard the "humming/spinning" stop, from inside the XB1, but it doesn't seem to stop now? I'll sit on the Dashboard for 10+Minutes tonight and see what happens.
  • Checking setlist definitely isn't fixed, the first 4 player online session I had made it appear straight away.
    I havn't played the game yet post patch but will give it a whirl tomorrow night with online friends. I've noticed in the past that if anybody in the band doesn't see album art and preview audio after picking songs this bug will occur. We have tried things such as making sure the game and dlc is installed to the internal hard drive of the xbox one with nobody using external hard drives but doesn't seem to matter.
  • smanchacsmanchac Unsigned

@ohNOitsLYNCHO You're on XB1, right? If you play RB4 soon after switching on the console, have you and your crew been waiting around 15 minutes on the dashboard before starting RB4?

I think that will help fix your problem if you don't already do it as long loading times for songs can come from the XB1 not having "warmed up". The XB1 OS has got rather bad again especially in the last few months so the waiting on the dashboard advice may help.

Finally someone who is experiencing the same thing as me. I used to never have this issue but now I start the game and it takes forever to proceed beyond the profile screen. I've begun to let it warm up, smoke a bowl while on the menu. Very odd indeed.
    Played for 3 hours tonight for the first time with the June patch online in a full band on XboxOne. First 2 hours we never saw the checking setlist bug and was almost convinced it was fixed but then all of a sudden it happened and couldn't shake it off trying to make new green rooms. The frustration kicked in only being able to pick 1 or 2 song setlist so we decided to throw in the towel early. This thread should not be buried in these forums because the issue is not fixed.
    edited June 15
    It happened constantly last night over several hours on the Xbox One.
    Picking a song from Rock Band 4 or Rivals at the end of the setlist seem to work though.

Definitely something I hope HMX is already well aware of and looking to fix sooner than later.
  • @joseph5185 Your XB1 probably disconnected from the internet a lot last night. When I saw lots of stuttering one day, I exited RB4 and my XB1 dashboard was showing "Connect to Xbox Live" every few minutes.

@joseph5185 Your XB1 probably disconnected from the internet a lot last night. When I saw lots of stuttering one day, I exited RB4 and my XB1 dashboard was showing "Connect to Xbox Live" every few minutes.

I was in party chat the whole time and that worked okay so I don't think that's it. I'm considering refreshing my Music Library but it will take several hours.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 30
    Ok, this is the definitive way to solve checking setlist.

Each player in your lobby must preview all of the songs in the picked setlist. Not just one person, but everyone and by preview there needs to be both sound and album artwork. I played online with 2 other people online and we got checking setlist error on every single set, using this method fixed checking setlist every time.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    lol okay
  • Ok, this is the definitive way to solve checking setlist.

Each player in your lobby must preview all of the songs in the picked setlist. Not just one person, but everyone and by preview there needs to be both sound and album artwork. I played online with 2 other people online and we got checking setlist error on every single set, using this method fixed checking setlist every time.

I'll make sure I/we try this out the next time the problem is encountered. Should also shed some light on how HMX can fix the bug, codewise.
  • 1) Is anyone tethering and/or running with low bandwidth? Both the leader and remote player(s)
    A: I'm not and no one else is as far as I'm aware.

2) Are you connected via wired connection or wi-fi connection?
    A: I'm using WiFi for my Xbox.

3) How much DLC do they have installed, exact quantity(remember, the app still isn't the best at having a real number)? Are people without DLC installed seeing this?
    A:I think I have 438

4) How many players are in the session? (2, 3, 4) Does it happen more with more players in the session?
    A: Usually playing with two people can trigger it after a set. It's way more often with more people involved. I even had a bug where it said that they didn't own a song that I picked.

5) What is your NAT type: Strict, Moderate, Open (both leader and remote players)
    A: Usually moderate. Rarely strict. Usually reset my router when strict and it goes back to moderate.

6) Does it correct itself if they leave the session and create a new one? Does it occur when they start the session or can it happen later in the session (after playing a few sets)?
    A:It corrects itself if we change band leaders and also corrects itself if we create a new session but only momentarily for both. It also happens later after playing a few sets.

7) Who throws away their song to make it work? The leader? Anyone? More than one person?
    A: I've thrown away many songs to make it work. So have others.

Eight) What is the song selection when the error occurs? All 2-4 songs in order, denoting which the leader chose, please.
    A: Usually it's specific songs. One song that really loves to have the checking setlist bug is Embedded by Job for a Cowboy. I can't even count on two hands how many times we've tried to play that song, only for it to check the setlist. Out of all of the songs that we try, that song is usually giving us the most problems. So are older songs like songs from RB1.

9) Where is everyone geographically located? Please make a special note of which user is the leader here.
    A: I live in Alabama. A couple of others live in Florida. One lives in an eastern state. There is also a couple of people who live in the UK.

10) Any other network information you may provide. Streaming your session? Someone else in your house watching Netflix?
    A: Usually, no one is doing anything else when this happens. It just happens because it feels like it. It usually feels random, but there are songs that it frequently does it with, like Embedded for example.

11) If possible, please attach a video of this issue happening.
    A: Unfortunately, I don't have one to share.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

Ok, this is the definitive way to solve checking setlist.

Damn, if that is the only fix then that is tres sUx0r! I haven't played online MP at all with RB4, but at my local RB party last weekend the song previews were just simply not loading at all.

Not. At. All.

And that made song selection with a room full of non-hard-core players even more painful than usual.

What on Earth can the problem with song previews possibly be??? The song itself and the preview markers are embedded in the song file that is kept locally on your console, so there is no reason at all for that to bog down. I'm pretty sure the album art is also embedded in the song file. Or at least all that stuff was embedded in the song files last gen. What gives with this problem???
  • @LordFlatus Song preview issues got worse with the May update, that update also messed up "refresh music library" as doing it no longer puts your content in download order but rather some random mess instead.