'Checking Setlist...'

Comments

• Damn, if that is the only fix then that is tres sUx0r! I haven't played online MP at all with RB4, but at my local RB party last weekend the song previews were just simply not loading at all.

Say for yourself, man. We did try back when it first came out, but if you recall it failed due to a checking setlist error.

• SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    I agree that if anybody in the band doesn't see album art and audio preview then "checking setlist" will occur. The problem is that you can't just sit there for a minute or two and expect everybody's album art and audio preview to finally load because it doesn't always happen. Good thing is if you only care about playing RB4 disc songs then there is no issue playing those online. We can pick 4 songs setlist from RB4 songs all day long and never get the checking setlist.
  • @SideshowN I've actually experienced it with RB4 disc songs before. Sometimes even those songs don't load the audio preview.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

Damn, if that is the only fix then that is tres sUx0r! I haven't played online MP at all with RB4, but at my local RB party last weekend the song previews were just simply not loading at all.

Say for yourself, man. We did try back when it first came out, but if you recall it failed due to a checking setlist error.

"Tried" is the operative word. Did we even get to play a song? I still don't have a headset option figured out so I was assuming the constant "add/delete/add/delete/add/delete" was some kind of obtuse online messaging system that meant "we hate your song choice so we aren't going to play it."

Oh well, after I dumped my choice a couple of times I was done. lolz.
  • DrvOvrItDrvOvrIt Unsigned
    I have been having problems lately with song preview audio and artwork not loading when playing solo in rivals mode for xp. Any tips out there? Online rb4 is very broken with the setlist bug, it is too frustrating to be playable.
  • edited July 6

"Tried" is the operative word. Did we even get to play a song? I still don't have a headset option figured out so I was assuming the constant "add/delete/add/delete/add/delete" was some kind of obtuse online messaging system that meant "we hate your song choice so we aren't going to play it."

Oh well, after I dumped my choice a couple of times I was done. lolz.

lolz. That was due to the the 'checking setlist' bug, just FYI.

There is no song too obnoxious for me to sing, though if you select "Casablanca" without no-fail mode, don't expect to not fail.

• Soooo... this going to get fixed?? Makes online a tedious task just to get a single song to work, let alone all 4.

p.s. I figured out how to fix it on my end.... go play RB3! :p
    I played some 2-man-band the other day for about an hour and a half without any problems.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    If you get @joseph5185, @AndyTheIndigoer, and I together, you can guarantee all kinds of problems occur. Checking setlist is the main one, but it's easier to count the things which go right than the things which go wrong, ha.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    Yea and I have over 2,000 songs so it's rather unfortunate atm. =/
    Is there any *real* fix being worked on atm for this?
  • edited August 16
    I'm not saying that the online aspect of the game doesn't work at all.... just that after about 2-3 sets (regardless of who I'm jamming with, amount of DLC, etc) I ALWAYS get the "checking-setlist" glitch. Sometimes scrolling over the song and waiting for preview works, usually not. Sometimes deleting songs and re-adding them works, usually not, but more so than just scrolling and waiting for preview. I have had times where all songs wont load at all and just go back to GreenRoom and then re-pick the same exact setlist and it works.

Having everyone re-boot their Xbox's will fix the issues...but the issues will show up 3-4 sets later, regardless!

I just wish I knew why it's doing what it's doing, so I could stop it from happening... Most players leave because it's too frustrating and tedious to keep doing the same-ol'e-RB dance* in the menus.

*picking, re-picking, restarting, re-inviting, scrolling, etc.
    p.s. 1750+ dlc, Xbox, and (most of) my online games have >1,000 dlc.

Yea and I have over 2,000 songs so it's rather unfortunate atm. =/

I have 1600+

I'm not saying that the online aspect of the game doesn't work at all.... just that after about 2-3 sets (regardless of who I'm jamming with, amount of DLC, etc) I ALWAYS get the "checking-setlist" glitch. Sometimes scrolling over the song and waiting for preview works, usually not. Sometimes deleting songs and re-adding them works, usually not, but more so than just scrolling and waiting for preview. I have had times where all songs wont load at all and just go back to GreenRoom and then re-pick the same exact setlist and it works.

Having everyone re-boot their Xbox's will fix the issues...but the issues will show up 3-4 sets later, regardless!

I just wish I knew why it's doing what it's doing, so I could stop it from happening... Most players leave because it's too frustrating and tedious to keep doing the same-ol'e-RB dance* in the menus.

*picking, re-picking, restarting, re-inviting, scrolling, etc.
    p.s. 1750+ dlc, Xbox, and (most of) my online games have >1,000 dlc.

Yea. It's clearly server side.
    @HMXOwl

Someone mentioned on social media (Facebook) that this issue was "fixed" last week.
    I would love for that to be true.

Can anyone comment?
  • edited August 31
    No. We fixed the Green Room connection, which we said. Don't believe people who ain't us, that's just a game of telephone! Good news soon, hopefully maybe.
    Thanks for the quick update and I am hopeful !
  • HMXOwl said:

No. We fixed the Green Room connection, which we said. Don't believe people who ain't us, that's just a game of telephone! Good news soon, hopefully maybe.

We love to hear from you guys, just wish it would happen a little more often...

On the topic, there are a couple friends who host that rarely seem to get checking setlist issues. If I host, it seems to happen on every set. Not sure if that really makes a difference or some people just get lucky.

Well the issue last time when trying with a crew mate was that despite the song not being grayed out, as soon as I went to select it it said that the song wasn't owned by the other person and then grayed out.

I tried on about 10 songs before stopping.

Disheartening.