Ps4 Stratocaster Guitar Not Recognized when I start Rockband VR

Please help, I cannot figure this out at all and I've tried everything.

Using BlueSoleil space for bluetooth and guitar is paired plus connected so that's fine. Starting rockbandvr it shows a check mark for oculus headset and touch controller but for guitar there is a still a "X"

I have no idea why it's not checking off if I'm connected via Bluetooth now. Anybody have a solution for this?

Comments

• edited March 25
    I'm wondering the same thing. How do you connect the ps4 guitar to a pc?

It's crazy to me that Harmonix hasn't released any tutorials on how to get this stuff set up.

Edit: Ah I see, found this: https://harmonix.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004674127-How-do-I-connect-a-guitar-controller-to-my-PC-
  • I've seen that before but nothing that helps my situation. I'm connected via Bluetooth from BlueSoleil and my guitar does work on my PS4 console, but once I start Rockband VR on PC it has a X still. Stuck in the garage in the beginning.
  • pic.twitter.com/SqQ6N0Pn0q

How do i fix this I've literally tried everything people have said on here and social media. Nothing works still.
  • Hey Avenger - just letting you know they've referred my support ticket on to techs (obviously someone screens them first?) - I attached a whole load of screenshots of DeviceManager and properties and driver info etc.... so maybe do the same? The more they see not working, the more they might be inclined to get a fix happening!
  • I've actually been going back and forth with Harmonix and got to the point where I uninstalled my Bluetooth driver for BlueSoleil and then Windows automatically installed the default Bluetooth drivers. I then went on to go into my settings and pair my PS4 Strato and then it was connected. Went into RockBand VR and still no luck with the game recognizing it as I still got the "X" for guitar. This is so frustrating.
  • Exactly the same experience. Interestingly:

Without BlueSoleil:
    My phone can see the PDP Rockband guitar on bluetooth.
    My PC cannot see either the phone or the guitar
    My phone cannot see my PC

With BlueSoleil:
    My phone and PC connect seamlesly within the BlueSoleil app - although of course not available in Windows.
    My Guitar can connect to BlueSoleil, but does not appear visible to Windows (or the game)

I think Windows 8.1 might have a problem with bluetooth USB dongles, unless the chipset drivers are installed (will research more)
    I also think RBVR cannot see devices not attached via BlueSoleil framework, even though other apps will integrate (ie I can transfer files via bluetooth to my phone)
  • One week later and still no solutions work, still get the X when I start in the garage for the guitar......whyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Avenger92 said:

One week later and still no solutions work, still get the X when I start in the garage for the guitar......whyyyyyyyyyyy

Things are moving slowly as far as fixes go. Wasn't there supposed to be a patch coming out this week or something?
  • Nothing I've seen...who knows
  • I got rid of the red X for guitar connection by pairing to bluetooth using passcode 0000, but I'm still stuck in the stupid garage screen unable to play with all 3 devices checked.
  • Where do you get asked for passkey? I'm keen to try but can't replicate
  • inSain9876inSain9876 Unsigned
    A dude in here named Hodup figured out that the Creator update for Windows 10 fixed the issue with the Xbox guitar. Maybe the update will do the same for the PS4 issues. I was finally able to play the game for the first time yesterday.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4014184/windows-10-creators-update-here
  • That'd be good.... except I'm on 8.1 :-(
  • Carbs said:

That'd be good.... except I'm on 8.1 :-(

Have you tried unplugging other USB things? There are a few tickets that specifically call out BlueSoleil, so we're looking into that...
  • Just got Creator update last night, will see if game works once I get the chance......
  • still doesn't work....:-I
  • Avenger92 said:

still doesn't work....:-I

Unplugged other USB-Devices like Keyboard, Mouse, Hubs, Dongles......?
    Give it a try!

• unplugged mouse and keyboard, still no luck, i've tried literally everything
  • edited April 12
    Edit - read response wrong :p
  • it has to be BlueSoleil screwing this up.....anyone have this as well who still cant play for 2 and half weeks...?
  • Try...
    Support said:

Removing the guitar as a connected device > take the batteries out of the guitar > put them back in > turn the guitar on > and then repair from scratch

If that doesn't work, if they're using a BT adapter, remove the adapter > plug it in again > take batteries out of guitar > put them back in > turn on guitar > attempt to pair

If that doesn't work, go to Device Manager > Bluetooth > Uninstall the associated guitar Driver > attempt to pair again

• none of it works, i cant even play the guitar in the garage when i start the game up, let alone even get to the part where you use your whammy bar...
  • HMXOwl said:

Try...

Support said:

Removing the guitar as a connected device > take the batteries out of the guitar > put them back in > turn the guitar on > and then repair from scratch

If that doesn't work, if they're using a BT adapter, remove the adapter > plug it in again > take batteries out of guitar > put them back in > turn on guitar > attempt to pair

If that doesn't work, go to Device Manager > Bluetooth > Uninstall the associated guitar Driver > attempt to pair again

Here, I think, is the problem. There *IS* no associated guitar driver!
    Windows Bluetooth doesn't see the device.
    Using Bluesoleil, I see the device in their bluetooth software, but Windows only sees the device as "Human Interface Device" with a warning message that says "cannot start".... I've given specifics to support weeks ago

I've described in detail what happens using the BT adapter under Windows, I've disconnected EVERY device except for USB mouse, keyboard, and Oculus..... I've even gone so far as uninstalling drivers for other (disconnected) controllers like Saitek x52 and so on.
  • Just providing all the latest on another closely related Bluesoleil thread:
    http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/282225/ps4-rockband-rivals-jaguar-not-recognised#latest
  • I've solved my issue with bluesoleil and rockband - I upgraded to windows 10 and instantly the windows BT software worked... and so did rockband VR
  • Carbs said:

I've solved my issue with bluesoleil and rockband - I upgraded to windows 10 and instantly the windows BT software worked... and so did rockband VR

Hmm.
  • Carbs are you connected via bluetooth on bluesoleil or just the generic windows bluetooth drivers
  • Exactly a month tomorrow and still can't play this game....good stuff..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file