RB4 Feedback thread regarding XB1 update 4/13 (Join broadcast, improvements to Clubs/LFG, etc.)

grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
edited April 13 in Rock Band
Given that we've seen in the past that RB4's performance sometimes changes for better or worse in some Xbox One updates, I figured it may be a good idea to have a stickied thread dedicated to what people notice regarding RB4 after Xbox One updates. This would act as another source of info for the community to help each other and HMX on the bugs/other issues front. There could also be a separate stickied thread for PS4 updates so both communities can be helped without major confusion involved.

EDIT: Next update inbound! More stuff that preview members got in March.

Comments

• GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    I've had the update for awhile and the game has ran fine for me the entire time. Not sure if it got any smoother but it definitely didn't get any worse. It boots up faster now, but all games do on the new dashboard.
    Beam doesn't allow streaming of RB4 but Twitch still works fine (as mentioned in the other thread).

Otherwise I haven't noticed any changes.
  • tiagosouzatiagosouza Unsigned
    Same for me, I didn't notice any change in performance at all.
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited March 30
    I'm dropping notes left and right on my ions. Not sure what's going on.

EDIT: figured it out. I switched the audio output to 7.1 uncompressed last night. I just put it back to bitstream DTS and it's fine.
  • Can I play RB online without doing this update for the dashboard? It's not a forced update, so I didn't do it yet.
    edited March 30
    In the words of Nike and Shia Lebeouf:

JUST DO IT!!!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Semi-Related: I thought this update was supposed to have custom gamerpics. Wasn't that in the preview version? What happened to that?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    tdc002 said:

Semi-Related: I thought this update was supposed to have custom gamerpics. Wasn't that in the preview version? What happened to that?

I understand that's going to be a rolling deployment.
  • Another XB1 update present today, this adds filtering by platform in My Games and apps, the ability to join a friend's broadcast and some Clubs/Looking For Group improvements.
  • I've noticed a significant hit to performance, I'm seeing the speed being not that different from the dreaded NXOE update in November 2015. Anyone else noticing this?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

I've noticed a significant hit to performance, I'm seeing the speed being not that different from the dreaded NXOE update in November 2015. Anyone else noticing this?

I played the game for like two hours last night and didn't have any problems. The only issue was it took a bit longer than usual to get to the Music Store.
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited April 17
    Saw some poor performance last night. Game was taking longer to load my DLC. Song previews and album art either didn't load or took a long time to load. After selecting my difficulty the screen would hang there for a few seconds. For the first time in a long time, I got a few stutters during some songs. Don't know if this had anything to do with the update, or something else going on.

EDIT: Still doing it this morning. Song previews and album art take an eternity to load. If I select the song without letting those load first, it takes a lot longer to proceed to the next screen. Anyone else having this trouble?
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I didn't have any issues playing drums for about an hour and a half yesterday. Try doing the hard console reset where you shut down and pull the plug if you're having problems after a console update.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 17
    @tdc002 @LordFlatus Did you automatically start RB4 after switching on your XB1 or did you do something else first?

To me it seems like the XB1 update made it so you have to wait 10-15 minutes before loading up RB4 for it not to be slow. This is similar to how the XB1 reacted to the NXOE update in November 2015.
    I leave my XB1 in quick start mode, or whatever it's called, and give it the hard shut down (minus power cord yank) about once a week. Kinda like what I do for Windows based computers. :)
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited April 17
    Made a video of how my game is behaving. This was taken after completely shutting the console down and unplugging it for 10 minutes. Upon restarting the console I left it at the home screen for 20 minutes before launching the game.

I also get the "Checking setlist" glitch 100% of the time in online now.

If you're thinking "play a few songs and maybe it'll get better," you're too late. I already thought of that. Been playing all day. It's not getting any better.

Nothing on my end. Multiplayer was also fine.

I also use Instant-On mode.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 17
    @Akuryu Yeah, that's pretty much what I experienced then after quitting the game it says that RB4 is taking too long to load when relaunching for some time, Once it finally loads up I don't get the lag until I switch the console off of which it'll start all over again.

I use Instant-On mode by the way.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    Extremely long load times on songs... why are they back?
  • Another thing that would be useful, for those experiencing issues, what XB1 do you have? Original XB1 or XB1S?

For me, I have the original XB1 (500GB no Kinect that came with Master Chief Collection).
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior

Another thing that would be useful, for those experiencing issues, what XB1 do you have? Original XB1 or XB1S?

For me, I have the original XB1 (500GB no Kinect that came with Master Chef Collection).

Is there anything that Gordon Ramsey won't licence? o:)
    I noticed that the game loads songs quickly after playing for about 30-45 minutes. Pretty absurd it takes that long to get rid of the issue.
    itzJV said:

I noticed that the game loads songs quickly after playing for about 30-45 minutes. Pretty absurd it takes that long to get rid of the issue.

It sounds like you start playing immediately after a cold XBox start.
    So I switched my Power Settings back to the "Instant On" feature on my Xbox One and it seems to eliminate the whole "song loading" issue. Hope this helps out others with this issue.
    itzJV said:

So I switched my Power Settings back to the "Instant On" feature on my Xbox One and it seems to eliminate the whole "song loading" issue. Hope this helps out others with this issue.

Be sure to do the "power down / restart" thing about once a week. Xbox is trying to be Windows Box, after all. Do the full "hold the power button on the console for several seconds until it beeps off, wait 30+ seconds (or go take a leak or something), then power back on". Wait 20 minutes before you try to game again, so I usually do this after a gaming session.