Retail locations for this type of game

BarridBarrid Unsigned
This is such a mix of genres, I'm wondering if it will be in hobby game stores because this seems kinda like a card collecting game like Magic the Gathering. I'd love to buy it from my local shop, and they do 20% off on preorders.

But then I was thinking they really don't sell Hasbro games there so maybe it would be more of a game you'd see at a department store like Target or Wal-mart. At that point, I'd probably rather just order on Amazon.

Of course you could also make a case for this to be sold in stores like Gamestop as well.

I'll probably ask my local shop if they can get it, but do you guys know what kind of distribution the game will have?

Comments

• Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    Target has been getting into the game of selling things like this.
  • comlabcomlab Unsigned
    edited April 4
    Well I'm more wondering if they will do Europe release or if this will be one of this USA only projects.
    I'm really looking forward to see it, buy it and enjoy it. However not sure if go through the hassle with import again, as I invested a lot in imports for Rockband ;-)
  • It's not going to be US-only, details about specific countries to come later, but you shouldn't have trouble finding this in Europe!
  • I'd like to beg that for online orders at launch, please have a "buy one of everything" option, because that is exactly what this little aussie intends to do.
  • I don't think there'll be a SKU for that, because new cards will come out in waves. Might be able to get everything at launch together if a retailer wants to bundle it, but I'm pretty sure the 300+ cards in 2017 aren't all hitting in September (And obviously anything coming in 2018 won't be available yet).
  • HMXJosh said:

I don't think there'll be a SKU for that, because new cards will come out in waves. Might be able to get everything at launch together if a retailer wants to bundle it, but I'm pretty sure the 300+ cards in 2017 aren't all hitting in September (And obviously anything coming in 2018 won't be available yet).

Oh well, I'll just have to tick a bunch of boxes then.
  • DesmodeusDesmodeus Unsigned
    edited June 25
    Judging by the price point and the fact that it's Hasbro, it probably won't be available at local boardgame stores (except as a special order). My fiancee works at our local game store ( I'm typing this while sitting there), and the reason that local stores don't carry Hasbro stuff is that their prices for retailers don't leave as much room for profit margin as the rest of the industry. It's easier for larger businesses to make a profit off them, as they can afford to invest more in backstock. Combine that with the reality that Hasbro's products are so widely available at big box stores, and it makes for a situation where it's not wise for a small business to waste money keeping Hasbro products in stock. This goes triple with Target, as they keep making deals with even smaller publishers to get better price breaks and exclusive stuff, driving out the small stores (the kind that give you space to *play*). The worst case of this is Cards Against Humanity, which gives no price break from their consumer price to anyone other than Target, which drives boardgame stores nuts. But in short, unless Hasbro does something highly unusual (for them) with their pricing system for retailers, you're either buying this from a large business or having your local store order it specifically for you (which they'll probably be able to do). As much as I'm not into the ideology of buying local for its own sake (small business owners can be just as bad as big ones), I do find it important to buy at local game stores, because that's where me and my friends actually *play* our games... not to mention that big box stores don't have my pull list for comics. When this drops, regardless of where I end up buying it, I plan on playing it at my local store.